Marvel Nexus: Silver Wasp #3

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 14

Missed Issue #1 and 2? Click here to see how the story begins - Issue #1 and Issue #2

Silver awoke with a start running her hands down her chitinous flanks before breathing a sigh of relief at her now un-petrified body. The relief was short lived when she realised that despite the ornate furnishings of the room, the she was bound to one of the 'posters' of the bed she had been lying on.

"Good morning Fraulein." A voice echoed from somewhere in the corner of the room. "I apologise for my associates handling of your capture. I would rather see us as allies rather than enemies despite your theft, or should I say reclamation of the formula from my laboratories."

"Unless you return what you stole we're not friends Baron!" Silver spat, as she tried to break her bonds.

"Then I'm afraid we are enemies, since the Beast Particles Doctor Hank McCoy has been working on are to be the sole property of the Legion of Masters." The Baron stated, just as the door slid open and the man dressed in red armour walked into the room. "Chemical Commando take her downstairs, I'll join you shortly."

"Okay you heard the Baron!" The Commando barked, as he sprayed Silver with a puff of an acrid smelling gas from his weapon. "That inhibitor gas should keep you drained until I can get you downstairs." He added as he broke the adhesive bond and marched Silver towards the door.

"Your accent, you spent time in the Middle East." Silver mumbled, as the Commando walked her into a waiting lift car.

"I did some work for the Hussain regime what of it?" The Commando asked, as he spun Silver round to face him.

"Nothing." Silver replied as she threw a swift punch at the Commando only for him to block it with his shield. Recovering quickly Silver made a grab for the fuel hose connected to her foe's gun, only for him to shift out the way and deliver a sharp blow to the back of the neck, just as the lift doors pinged open.

"Nice try, you almost surprised me." Chemical Commando sneered as he sprayed a jet of liquid down the hall. "Almost but not quite!" He added, as Silver rose to her feet, only for the Commando to smash her back to the floor with his shield, her body sliding down the corridor, through a pair of doors and off a catwalk to the floor below.

"So you are the one whose genetic material was fused with the Beast Particle." The Grim Baron stated, as he walked to the edge of the catwalk, Screaming Whirlwind hanging off his arm. "Now let me introduce my warrior infused with the wonder particle, Stephan Jenkins." He stated, as a ninja dressed in purple and green robes flipped over the edge of the catwalk and landed feet first in the pit below.

"Baron I must protest about sending Jenkins into combat so soon after the infusion." Techno Wizard spluttered, as he and the Chemical Commando came to join the other Masters. "We still don't know what mental effects the..."

"Enough, I will not wait a moment longer for my genius to be realised. Soon my father will see me as his true heir, not my snivelling do-gooder of a younger sister Wonder Witch." The Baron ranted, as Silver and Jenkins both adopted defensive stances, ready for the other to strike.

"Your stance is that of the 8th Strike of the Sable." Hiro stated, as he bowed his head slightly. "You were trained in Central Europe, likely Latvaria or Symkaria."

"And yours is the Taloned Trap Hand of the Leviathan. A stance favoured by Handra's Grandmaster and his personal assassins." Silver replied. "That speaks volumes about your own Master's Baron." She added, as she ran at Jenkins, ducking under his 'trap hand' and aiming a slash at his shoulder, only for Jenkins to rotate his hand downwards and send Silver slashing past.

"Handra's mantra bored me, as did their idiocy." Jenkins stated, as he spun round his robe flying over Silver's back, sending her stumbling forward, long slash marks on her back from her opponent's clothing. "I wanted to be a Master not a lackey, something the Baron promised to deliver." He added, as he rusher Silver, only for her to turn her stumble into a balletic kick, one that Jenkins barely dodged.

"Beast Particle saturation at 100% Baron." Techno Wizard stated, as one of his cybernetic patches jutted upwards to reveal a trigger. "It's up to you when activation commences." He added as Silver and Hiro matched blows, the pair of them releasing momentarily, just as Jenkins body was bathed in gleaming indigo light, before collapsing into a pool of biological ooze.

"What how can this be!?" The Baron yelled, as both Screaming Whirlwind and Chemical Commando opened fire on Silver, the majority of the saw-blades missing her, unlike the latter’s laser fire which burnt the biological armour on her arms until they were charred black. "This is all your fault!" The Baron snarled as he turned on Techno Wizard, his sickle flashing in the dim lights around the ad-hoc arena.

"Uh boss is it meant to be doing that?" Screaming Whirlwind asked, as she pointed to the quivering puddle that had been Jenkins that was now rapidly restructuring itself into a humanoid shape, albeit one clad in black biological armour with red accents complete with antennae.

"Behold the genetic power of the Beast Particle etc. etc.” Techno Wizard snarkilly commented. "You're welcome by the way." He added, as Silver landed a flying kick into Jenkins' face, only for him to tank the blow and catch Silver as she sprung off him and then slam her head first into the floor.

"Back at Handra they called me Deathwatch, but now I'm more than that, I'm the Deathwatch Beetle." Jenkins hissed, as he went to grab Silver, only for her to slither out of his range and flip herself into a standing position. With a rattling hiss Jenkins ran at her, only for Silver to spring over him, land and execute a leg sweep that sent him tumbling to the floor.

"How are you evading me?" Jenkins gasped, as he struggled to his feet only to collapse gasping for breath.

"Because you didn't have time to acclimatise." Silver informed him, as she ran towards the gantry where the other Masters were standing. Leaping up she elegantly alighted on the catwalk, her arm wrapping around the Grim Baron's neck. Almost immediately the remaining Masters tensed up, their weapons trained on Silver. "Try something and the Baron dies!" She snapped.

"Well it's been real guys." Techno Wizard stated with a wry smile as he walked towards the door. Shrugging their shoulders Screaming Whirlwind and Chemical Commando followed him out leaving the Baron all alone in his enemies grasp.

"Nice friends you have their Baron, now where is the data you stole, not to mention my effects." Silver asked, as she removed the Baron's sword from its scabbard and threw it into the pit.

"I'm afraid I do not know." The Baron answered, just before Silver threw him to the ground. "If you were my only enemy maybe I'd play this game a little longer, but alas you are not." He added, as Silver looked at her hands, shadows running up and down the fingers. "My cowl is laced with Narcotic-X, a hallucinogenic compound of my own invention." He added, as he got to his feet. "The Beast Particles are useless, find them if you can but don't waste time, this complex is no longer needed, and I don't keep things I need."

"Base self-destruct in five minutes." The disembodied voice of Techno Wizard stated, as the Grim Baron walked over to a section of wall.

"The choice is yours, master death and escape this place," The Baron announced as the wall opened up to reveal an escape hatch, "or be a hero and fall. Farewell Fraulein, I doubt we'll meet again."

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 13

@impurestcheese: Nice, if you write it they will come :)

Okay couple of questions and comments 1) Wonder Witch. Is that Wonder Man and Scarlet Witch fused. Damn! I kinda had hoped to have Scarlet Widow: Black Widow/Scarlet Witch combo but you got in first. Sassin frassin raggin grumble :)

2) 8th Strike of the Sable. Taloned Trap Hand of the Leviathan. Love your martial arts. Someone should find a good nexus with Iron Fist to use all these and more

3) Okay you have someone called Hiro and then Jenkins as the ninja beetle Deathwatch...I'm a little confused on who is who.

4) Love that he quit Handra, almost expected him to do reflex "Hail Handra" or have Silver Wasp mock their little chant

5) Really good, more please

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@batkevin74: Ah I see the problem Deathwatch from Earth 616 is unnamed although I found an alias late on in the writing, missed one Hiro in regards to the Deathwatch Beetle, will edit that later.

Martial Arts moves were intresting I can almost imagine a Shang Chi and Iron Fist nexus character.

Handra will appear a little later hopefully in regards to the White Viper and his Serpent Tong.

And yes Wonder Witch is Wonder Man and Scarlet Witch nexused together. It gives the Baron family since he's part Grim Reaper.

More?! Well why not, going to alternate between this, Penance and 8-Ball and Diamondback for a while.

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By batkevin74

@impurestcheese: Iron Chi...Shang Fist...Iron Panther...hmmm Iron Panther has a nice sound and why can't the ancient and mystical land be Wakanda? Also sounds better than Black Fist :)

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers