#1 Posted by batkevin74 (15308 posts) - - Show Bio

Previous: http://comicvine.gamespot.com/forums/fan-fic-8/marvel-nexus-moon-devil-8-1774692/#4

“Welcome Mr Fisk, or do you prefer Bushman?” asked Baron Shoji Von Strucker as Wilson and Midnight’s Eye stepped out of the helicopter into the large underground hanger.

“Who are you?”

Strucker smiled “I am Baron Shoji Von Strucker, grandmaster of Handra…”

“HAIL HANDRA!” roared the assembled ranks of men in green and red robes.

“And the man who organised your freedom. You are my…guest.”

Wilson looked around at the armed guards. “Then I am free to leave?”

Midnight’s Eye tapped the big man on the shoulder with a black gloved hand. “Sure…”

“Don’t you normally get your butt kicked by Spider-Rogue?” Moon Devil laughed as he leapt out of the way of Stilt Wheel’s giant rig as it thundered down the road.

-What ludicrous metal monstrosity is this?-

No Caption Provided

Some loser called Wilbur Wheele who made...I think it’s a giant unicycle with claws from what I can guess. Want me to ask him for you?

-FINISH HIM!-

“I will crush you flat Moon Devil!” screamed Stilt Wheel as his giant contraption spun like a dime and came back at him.

Any ideas how Khonshu? I mean my billy club only will do so much.

Moon Devil again easily leapt aside, the big wheel crushing cars as it careened up the road. Luckily most people had fled at the sight of a small Ferris wheel rolling towards them piloted by a man balancing on two…

“Hey Unicycle Man!”

“IT’S STILT WHEEL!”

Whatever makes you angrier

Moon Devil took out several crescent throwing stars as his superior senses took a reading of the entire area. With a wry smile Marc crouched. “Free shot. I promise I won’t move my feet.”

“I DON’T NEED A FREE SHOT!” And he sped up, the round churning up behind him.

-I said Finish him!-

Moon Devil tossed his crescents out; high and hard. All four found their target as they severed powerlines above him sending the live line down towards him in a snaking motion.

ZAP!

The live powerline hit the metallic wheel and sparks flew. Circuitry popped and fizzled as the city’s power grid pumped through the metal rig. Wilbur Wheele shrieked as he was zapped and jolted by the amps and current causing him to tip the wheel over with a massive crunch.

-You should kill him-

I think you should shut up, but that ain’t never going to happen is it?

-Bah, you disgust me with your weakness-

Moon Devil looked towards the approaching fire trucks, scanned the scene to make sure Stilt Wheel wasn’t actually going to die and leapt up onto a building awning, bounced and flipped up to the roof.

__

Baron Shoji Von Strucker stood up from his ornate throne and raised a glass to the people assembled around the low stone table.

“To my esteemed guests, welcome. Allow me to introduce you all. One my left is Victor Kraven.” The well-built man with the goatee nodded at the guests. He looked very much like a lion wearing an expensive suit, his piercing eyes sizing up one and all.

“Next we have Wilson Fisk also known as The Bushman.” Fisk folded his thick black arms and leant back in the chair.

“Beside him is The Purple Skull, please forgive me Johann but there are dampeners in the chair and table to prevent your…special powers from turning this meeting into something else!” The man with the purple skull smiled a smile that put chills up their spines. Most knew about the Nazi telepath who used his powers to fuel the flames of hatred and also of his tendency to influence young women to do things young women really don’t wish too.

“Next we have the Grim Baron.” The cloaked figure in the form fitting armour calmly and methodically rapped their fingers on the table in a menacing manner.

“Midnight’s Eye.” The man in black was barely listening as he tracked a fly around the room, lining it up with a rubber band and paperclip.

“And lastly but by no means least, Typhoid Frost.” The stunning woman in the skimpy costume that was more sexy evening wear than costume purred as she popped a strawberry into her mouth.

“Welcome to Handra Island.”

“HAIL HANDRA!”

“We have been plagued by an abundance of costumed do-gooders,” Strucker said as he sipped his champagne flute. “I propose a simple but brutal plan. We attack, en masse our enemies…”

“Well why didn’t I think of that!” gasped Midnight’s Eye mockingly as the paperclip flew cleaving the fly in half.

“Because you aren’t paid to think,” Strucker hissed. “You are paid to follow my orders.”

“How much?” Kraven asked.

“How much do you need a problem solved?” Midnight’s Eye replied.

“This is pointless!” snapped the Grim Baron slamming his hands onto the table as he stood. “My time is far too important to listen to idiots.”

“I’m an idiot?” Typhoid Frost asked. “How about I peel your mind open like an onion?”

“ENOUGH!” roared Strucker bringing the room back to order. “This is why they beat us. We gather, we bicker, our alliances fray and we turn against ourselves before we accomplish anything!”

“You propose a hyena attack, yes?” Fisk said.

“What?” Strucker snapped.

Wilson glared at the Handra leader. “The hyena are a cunning pack animal. They surround and harass their prey relentlessly, often prey that is bigger and more dangerous. And they do. Not. Stop. They continue until their prey is tired, confused and overwhelmed.”

“Strength in numbers,” Victor Kraven nodded in agreement.

“Precisely!” said Strucker.

“Bah!” The Grim Baron flung his cloak and stormed off. “I have no need of the likes of you.”

Several Handra soldiers moved to him but stood down as Strucker waved them off.

“So we all attack the same person?” Midnight’s Eye said as he watched the Grim Baron exit. “I still get paid the same rate whether you jokers help or not.”

“Who’s first?” cooed Typhoid.

“Ideally it would’ve been Captain Ameriverse,” Strucker said as he tapped a button on the armrest. “But I think one of his lesser allies would be a better example.”

A 3-D hologram of Moon Devil appeared in the centre of the table.

#2 Posted by ImpurestCheese (12542 posts) - - Show Bio

@batkevin74: Cool love the assembly of villains but damm Baron, looks like he doesn't play well with others.

#3 Posted by batkevin74 (15308 posts) - - Show Bio

@impurestcheese: Also it might be professional jealousy as he hired minions/underlings while Strucker has assembled top tier guys which makes the Baron rethink his his associations with the likes of Techno Wizard and Grey Goliath...besides he might have a Beast Particle to unlock hint hint :)

@wildvine

#4 Posted by ImpurestCheese (12542 posts) - - Show Bio

@batkevin74: Yeah there is a little jealousy. Plus he was planning to use a Beast Particle to enhance the genetic potential of Hiro Jenkins (AKA the Deathwatch Beetle)

#5 Posted by Rag_man (1378 posts) - - Show Bio

Very well crafted! Read smoothly with just enough description to get a good visual picture while keeping things moving.

One question though, why not just make it Moon Knight fan fiction? Why "Moon Devil"?

#6 Edited by cbishop (15510 posts) - - Show Bio

@rag_man: This is a mash-up. Batkevin's mashed up Moon Knight and Daredevil into Moon Devil, and MK's and DD's villains into MD villains.

@batkevin74: I love how "HAIL HANDRA" gets yelled every time Handra-- HAIL HANDRA! ...is mentioned. :}

#7 Posted by Rag_man (1378 posts) - - Show Bio

@cbishop said:

@rag_man: This is a mash-up. Batkevin's mashed up Moon Knight and Daredevil into Moon Devil, and MK's and DD's villains into MD villains.

@batkevin74: I love how "HAIL HANDRA" gets yelled every time Handra-- HAIL HANDRA! ...is mentioned. :}

Ahh intriguing. Thanks!

#8 Edited by FicOPedia (2107 posts) - - Show Bio

@rag_man: No problem. Edit: Whoops- forgot I was in my FicOPedia alt. -cbishop :}

#9 Posted by batkevin74 (15308 posts) - - Show Bio

@rag_man: Yeah its a Marvel Mash with Marvel. Take two characters and attempt to do a 50/50 merge with pretty much everything and go from there. It started with @wildvine doing Spider-Rogue, then my Moon Devil (better fit that Dare Knight I thought) and then @impurestcheese's Silver Wasp.

Glad you like it

@cbishop And yes, HAIL HANDRA! :) It would so easy to find these zealous idiots if they tried to ambush you. Walk into the room, say Handra, they all yell HAIL HANDRA revealing their positions and you either kill'em or leave the area :)

#10 Posted by wildvine (14882 posts) - - Show Bio

@batkevin74: No Bloody Frost? I suppose if she drives people insane then Typhoid Frost works better. Both names are pretty awesome actually.

#11 Posted by batkevin74 (15308 posts) - - Show Bio

Bumped