Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 13

#1  Edited By batkevin74
No Caption Provided

Previous chapter is HERE

“Marc Murdock is Moon Devil!” yelled Midnight’s Eye from the gurney as he was hauled away. “The blind lawyer is a goddam super hero! Marc Murdock, Moon Devil!”

Marc tossed his phone across the room. “This has gone viral! The office is crawling with police, reporters, everyone! I do a good thing, and this is my reward.”

“I may be able to help,” Dr. Stephanie Strangelock said as she looked deep into Marc’s eyes, a halo of lavender butterfly energy pulsed over her face. “Now relax, sit, and breathe.”

They both sat cross-legged inside a circle of protection within Strangelock’s Sanctum sanctorum. The Sorceress Supreme invoked a spell and gestured in conductor-like fashion as they floated into the air. “Greetings to the Lord of the Moon, son of Atum, first of vengeance, hallowed be your name.”

-Greetings to you, sorceress, wielder of the Eye of Hoggoth. My underling should learn from you on how to speak to his betters-

Oh, shut up you!

“I will ask your permission to help me with a spell to make your servant more effective.”

-It is yours-

Stephanie waved her hands in circular motions; sparks and wisps of magical energy jumped from her fingertips. “May the flames of the Faltine burn away the images of Ikonn, that all those under the moon of Khonshu who know that Marc Murdock be the Fist of Khonshu, the Moon Devil, e’er be forgot!”

Beams of white and golden light shot forth from Marc’s head as he roared in pain. A ghostly image of Khonshu draped over him. Dr Strangelock guided the mystical energies the way a potter works clay. For almost an hour this went on before it faded, and Marc fell onto the floor.

“Did it work?”

“Who are you and what are you doing inside my sanctum?” Dr. Strangelock looked at him quizzically before a smile broke across her face. “Just kidding, Marc. We shall see. I thank you, Khonshu.”

-If she were my vessel instead of you, you blind useless maggot, the things I could accomplish!-

“He says that’s quite alright.”

__

Marc Murdock drifted aimlessly on the large inflatable doughnut. The mojitos had dampened Khonshu’s annoying, constant berating, and he was long overdue for a holiday. After the events last month, he was taking just a little me time. The offices of DuChamp & Murdock were getting a revamp after the Handra attack.

“Excuse me Mr. Murdock, but you have a phone call.”

Marc turned his head towards the young man standing at the pools edge. “If it’s anyone other than the State Lottery Commission, throw it in the pool.”

“It is a Mr. Duchamp.”

Marc held up his near-empty glass. “Never heard of him. I’ll have another one if you don’t mind.”

Marc smiled as his enhanced senses picked up the ranting coming from the phone and he motioned for it. The young man tossed it and without looking Marc caught it and dropped it into his drink. “Please send the bill to DuChamp & Murdock.”

-There is a storm brewing-

Oh, there you are! I thought I left you in New York

-Prepare yourself-