Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 14

#1  Edited By ImpurestCheese

Marvel Mayhem: Weird Sisters #7

All Characters are Owned by Marvel Comics

Want more Marvel Mayhem? Check out The Library or the Group's Facebook Page

Missed Last Issue? Catch up Here

The sound of screams radiated up from the street, as Man-Thing ploughed forward, the crowd of people running from him in fear. Deep down in his terror struck mind Ted Salis's psyche blossomed into life like a water lily, regaining true consciousness for the first time in a decade. He begged his body to stop, to just leave the city, but the fear response was too overpowering, his next thought was to dying, silently he preyed someone would end his forced march of terror.

"Cate keep moving." Jennifer hissed as the pair walked past a pair of burnt bodies, the hot sticky wind blowing on there backs.

"But there still alive." Cate cried. "We have to help them."

"We can't." Jennifer told her, "In thirteen minutes Man-Thing will hit Miami's central business zone. If that happens the death rate shoots up from tens of people to thousands. Do you want that to happen?" She asked.

"Well no but these people are in pain." Cate yammered. "And have you seen Man-Thing at the moment, we would have more luck stopping the wind from blowing."

No Caption Provided

"What did you say?" Jennifer asked. "Cate you're a genius. We're downwind from the Fear Gas that Man-Thing is emitting. Because of that we're relatively unaffected by the toxin, if we can summon up a doldrum over Miami, the area of effect would be reduced. Cate can you whistle?" She asked. Cate took a deep breath and pursed her lips together before letting out a shrill trilling sound.

"Brilliant now we need ingredients for the sacrifice to the gods of the winds." Jennifer stated. "We need some aspen twigs, a feather and some primrose petals to start the spell. We past a florist a little while back that should hold the plant parts we need as for the feather..." She paused and removed a nightjar feather from a tactical hard case on her leg, "...well I have that covered."

"Okay I'll get them." Cate gulped. "Wait I have no money and you said stealing was wrong."

"Cate this is an emergency, normal rules don't apply any more." Jennifer snapped as Cate ran back the way they had come from. Removing her phone Jennifer typed in a number and heard it ring a few times before going to answer phone. "Come on Colleen pick up, we need you here."

Colleen swung the bat hard into Miss Arrow, the weapon slashing through the attacking villain before causing her to collapse into a tide of spiders. Her eyes widening in terror Colleen retreated into the kitchen and slamming the door shut, the wooden barrier juddering as Arrow reformed and bored her way inside.

"Now don't try any of your ninja tricks." Arrow cooed as she looked around the room. "I have thousands of ears and eyes. There is no place for you to hide." She stated as Colleen shifted slightly on her position on top of the fridge. "There you are." She purred before sauntering over. "You are not as stealthy as you think you are."

"That's because I'm not a ninja." Colleen snarled as the fridge toppled forward crushing Arrow underneath. "I'm a Samurai!" She snarled as she dropped to the floor, and ran to the wall phone in the hallway. Entering the redial code she wasn't surprised that Jennifer picked up on the first beep.

"Colleen we have a massive problem here. We could really use your help." Jennifer snapped as Colleen shot a look into the kitchen.

No Caption Provided

"I'm a little busy at the moment." Colleen hissed as a dark skinned hand emerged from under the fridge. "I kind of have an assassin made of spiders chasing me around the house."

"Okay that qualifies as a typical problem we face. When you’re finished just follow the screams and you’ll find us." Jennifer stated as Cate came running back from the florist. "Okay I have to go."

"Yeah me too." Colleen answered as Miss Arrow staggered towards her before firing a jagged stinger into the phone. "Yeah because I didn't want to finish that call." She told Arrow sarcastically as she darted upstairs and slid into Jennifer's room. Closing the door she emptied Jennifer's emergency Wicca supply box onto the floor. Seconds later tiny black spiders swarmed through the cracks of the door and coalesced into a human form. Staggering forward Arrow stopped mid pause and looked down at the Wicca paraphernalia on the floor before taking two steps back.

"Those icons, were did you get them?" Arrow hissed as Colleen bent down and removed a lighter and a censer from the floor, the weighted end loaded with oil.

"You have a problem?" Colleen asked as she ignited the oil and advanced on Arrow, the assassin backing up until she knocked into the door behind her. "Time for a little pest control." Colleen hissed as she swung her makeshift weapon at Arrow, the ignited oil spilling over the assassin' the heat instantly causing the spiders to lose cohesion and scatter. Slumping to the floor Colleen, got three seconds rest before her phone rang. Cursing she read the text and extinguished the censer, helping Jennifer would have to wait; she had other important things to do.

"Is it working now?" Cate asked as Jennifer stacked the four aspen twigs before hanging the feather in the middle of the sticks. "Is it done now?"

"Can you stop asking?" Jennifer replied angrily. "These things take time."

"But what if Man-Thing gets hurt?" Cate stated, her voice dropping an octave. "He's my only friend and I don't want to loose him."

"You won't." Jennifer told her. "Okay as soon as I finish the incantation and throw the petals in the air I need you to whistle until the wind god responds. You mustn't stop or the spell will fail." Cate nodded before Jennifer sat down in a meditative position.

No Caption Provided

"Aeolus keeper of the winds I call thee to arrive, bring your calming hand to this shore, gather your children to your side, now depart; four winds to four corners till the air becomes still." Jennifer chanted before throwing the petals in the air. Seconds later Cate whistled a shrill loud note that continued until it formed a wall of noise around the sticks. As the noise rose in pitch the sticks trembled and were tossed to the ground as the noise exploded outwards before dying out to form a stillness across the entire city.

"We did it." Jennifer said as Cate coughed, the noise filling the quiet briefly.

"So now what?” Cate asked as Man-Thing stopped in his tracks.

"As you can see the area of effect from the fear gas has been reduced." Jennifer told her. "Hopefully people should stay away giving us a clear shot to remove the grenade logged in his..." She stopped as a pair of A-10 'Warthogs' flew overhead and fired a pair of rockets at Man-Thing, the munitions exploding in a massive fireball around him.

"Man-Thing no!!" Cate screamed as she fell to her knees, tears running down her face. "Man-Thing!"

Avatar image for the_impersonator
The Impersonator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 50

Loading Video...

Ah, the weird sisters of Macbeth. Now I see what you mean. =P

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_impersonator: Thanks for the comment. I love Shakespeare, the man was truly a genius with words.

Avatar image for the_impersonator
The Impersonator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#4  Edited By The Impersonator

@impurestcheese said:

@the_impersonator: Thanks for the comment. I love Shakespeare, the man was truly a genius with words.

You're welcome. I know. He was in love. =P

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump for @wildvine

wildvine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#6 wildvine  Moderator

Don't know how I missed this. Holy geeze IC, you went and killed Manny?

Avatar image for guardiandevil83
Guardiandevil83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By Guardiandevil83

Thanks for showing my city some love. Too bad Man-Things leaf covered a$$ is trippin. And you tell 'em Colleen! Everybody thinks every Japanese Martial Artist is a damn Ninja. lol

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@guardiandevil83: @wildvine: Man Thing will be back next issue don't you fear. And yes the 'ninja joke' has become an ongoing thing. As for the city, I try and avoid NYC as a setting if I can.