MARVEL MAYHEM: The Secret Defenders #2

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 13

Rated MA, owned by Marvel.

More stories to be found here in the Marvel Mayhem Library: http://www.comicvine.com/forums/fan-fic-8/marvel-mayhem-library-1459473/#14 and this continues directly from Secret Defenders #1: http://www.comicvine.com/forums/fan-fic-8/marvel-mayhem-the-secret-defenders-1-1461994/

No Caption Provided

177A Bleecker Street, Greenwich Village

Doctor Stephen Strange’s eyes narrowed, beads of sweat gathered on his forehead, his teeth gritted in frustration “By the hoary hosts of Hoggoth, you shall not beat me!”

Wong nervously looked on “Master?”

“I can do it Wong!” snapped Strange as he wrenched a bunch of cables from the back of his television “I’ve beaten the dread lord Dormmamu! I should be able to hook up my Blu-ray player to the television!”

Wong smirked as he watched the Sorcerer Supreme struggle with the wiring and slunk away to make some much needed tea.

Ciudad Juárez, Mexico

No Caption Provided

The Secret Defenders gathered on a rooftop overlooking a sprawling warehouse complex, trucks rolling in and out, several armed guards with guard dogs at several key points.

“So what can you do?” asked Cadaver as he pulled a sword out of his chest.

“That’s disgusting!” Free Spirit recoiled in disgust.

“I’m pretty much invulnerable, unkillable and immune to pain. I’ve got the Sword of Bone…” Lorna sniggered “Oh grow up spinach head! What can you do?”

“I am the mistress of magnetism” replied Lorna as she regained her composure.

“I’ve been trained by Captain America” said Free Spirit.

“How about you tige…where’d he go?” said Cadaver as he looked around and spotted Bengal riding flat on the roof of a truck entering the complex. Bengal rolled off the truck and landed behind an unsuspecting guard, quickly applying a chokehold and placing him in a neat unconscious pile in the corner. He threw a sai straight up, piercing the surveillance camera before turning to the trio and waving them over.

“He’s a ninja!” remarked Cadaver.

“Why don’t I just hit the place with an EMP burst?” said Lorna as her hands pulsed with magnetic energy “Nobody gets hurt”

“That is quite sensible” said Free Spirit “Saves a pointless….down!” Cathy leapt forward and tackled Lorna to the ground as a wave of fire bathed the area, coating Cadaver in flames.

“Seems the cartel was wise to keep us on retainer” said a voice from within the flames.

Cadaver patted the flames off his hair and jacket “You ladies okay?”

No Caption Provided

“I would worry about yourself Señor” A large bare chested muscle man with a large red tattoo walked through the flames “For you face Salamander!”

“Fire can’t hurt me” laughed Cadaver “Nothing can hurt me!”

CHA-BOOM!

No Caption Provided

A rocket blast hit Cadaver square in the chest and sent him flying into the compound like baseball hit for a home run. A man holding an oversized gun stepped out of the shadows flanked by a man holding nasty looking machetes and a man in a grey & green ninja outfit.

“Nice shot Señor Scalphunter” said Salamander.

“That’s why they pay me the big bucks” replied Scalphunter “Now, ladies. You have two choices…”

Free Spirit looked at Lorna and whispered “You got a plan?”

“I’ll take their weapons, you kick their asses!” replied Lorna as she magnetically hovered to her feet.

Bengal scaled the side of the building and retrieved his weapon and watched as Cadaver flew across the sky and crashed through the roof of a warehouse. Alarms sounded and the complex erupted in activity. He could see flames and shadows dancing on the roof where he left his team. He glanced in through the window to see the DVD operation, thousands of players hooked up copying movies.

-Stick to the mission-

Bengal kicked the glass in and shimmied through the narrow gap, sliding down the corner with cat-like grace. He looked around to see the power board, with hundreds of cords plugged into it.

-Take out the power, the operation ends, mission complete-

No Caption Provided

As he headed over there, he hesitated and turned slowly to his left. Standing at the end of a row of burners was a man dressed in black and red with a spider on his chest.

“You sensed me, you must have some skill,” called the man as blades shot from his toes “The Tarantula will have great pleasure in killing you!”

Bengal raised his sais, then threw one straight into the power board and all the dvd burners ceased operation.

-Stick to the mission-

“Madre dios!” yelled Tarantula as he charged Bengal “You will die at my feet perro!”

Lorna used Machete’s machetes to attack Splice as she flattened Scalphunter’s gun to a fine sheet. Free Spirit kept smacking Salamander about the neck and ribs, not giving him a chance to concentrate to use his deadly pyrokinetic abilities.

“You okay?” shouted Lorna as she used the gun sheet to wrap up Splice like a kebab.

“Just dandy!” said Free Spirit as she punched Salamander again “Would you just FALL DOWN ALREADY!”

Salamander caught her by the wrist, her skin sizzling in his grasp “I let you think you were winning chica. Now let me turn up the heat!”

No Caption Provided

WHUMP! Salamander hit the deck as Lorna used Splice like a bat to club the fiery mercenary to the ground.

“Thanks”

“You’re welcome” replied Lorna “Now let’s take out these two and go find where the others ended up”

Cadaver stood up, brushing himself off “Well that was embarrassing!” Several cartel guards had surrounded him.

“Quod est mortuus?” asked one.

“Quia non est similis mortuo amigo”

“You think I’m a zombie don’t you?” growled Cadaver “Well how do you like this; BRAINS!” He put his arms up and lurched at them, the gun men screamed like schoolgirls fleeing from him in all directions. Cody laughed and walked after them.

Bengal and Tarantula clashed in a whirlwind of blades, parries and thrusts. Bengal leapt away and scooped up his sai as Tarantula swung a barrage of kicks at him.

“You are silent!” mocked Tarantula “Because you are scared! Scared of death!”

Bengal caught Tarantula’s left leg under his arm and rammed the sai deep into the fleshy thigh, all three prongs biting deep. Tarantula howled and hobbled back but Bengal pressed forward, skewering Tarantula’s right hand like a piece of fruit, twisted it and the rammed it deep into his right thigh, practically immobilising him.

No, I am not!” seethed Bengal in a raspy voice “But you should be!

Tarantula screamed!

Machete looked down at Scalphunter; his nose broken, both eyes blackened, blood streaming from his mouth and then back to the angry blonde with bloodied knuckles and her green haired companion magnetically twisting his custom machetes into a butterfly. Slowly he raised his hands.

“I give up!” he pleaded as he dropped to his knees.

“What do you think?” asked Free Spirit.

“I think I’m going to pull the metal fillings out of his mouth” threatened Lorna as she pointed at Machete who was trembling like a leaf.

“P-please, mercy” cried Machete through his hands that covered his mouth. Free Spirit walked up and knocked him out cold with a strike to the temple.

No Caption Provided

“Can you believe he once tried to kill Captain America? Now look at him; crying, on his knees in Mexico”

“How is Captain America?” asked Lorna.

Free Spirit shrugged “We drifted apart…no actually, he went off to save the world and I got left behind”

“I know the feeling” Lorna raised her hands, summoning up a vast amount of energy “Now take a step back, I’m going to EMP blast this place”

Cadaver rounded a corner to see a Hispanic male talking to a shadowy figure. Cody ducked back.

“You have failed on your half of the bargain” said the shadowy figure.

“Please, just a little more time” pleaded the man.

“The agreement was you had one year to produce for me fifty million DVDs, by my calculations you have come close but failed”

“May you burn in hell for this!” yelled the man.

“Interesting choice of words Juan” laughed the man “But you gambled and you have lost. Your soul is now forfeit”

“But only when I die!”

“This is true” the man vanished in a puff of black and red smoke “See you soon”

“Okay!” Cody marched towards the man “What the hell is going on?”

“Madre dios!” screeched the man as he grabbed his chest.

“It’s okay, I’m not a zombie” assured Cody but the man started turning red in the face and clutching his chest. Cody rushed to the man’s side and tried to help “Are you okay? What’s happening?”

Bengal exited the warehouse dragging the screaming Tarantula by the hair as he spotted Cadaver holding a man in his arms.

No Caption Provided

“Hey tiger pants! Do you know CPR? I don’t breathe” yelled Cadaver. Bengal shook his head and threw Tarantula onto the ground and pointed at him.

“Si!” groaned Tarantula "Si! I know"

“Then get to it” barked Cadaver “Or I’ll eat you!”

Lorna magnetically drifted down with Free Spirit in tow to their teammates. “Is everyone okay?”

“No, this guy, who I think is in charge, keeled over like he was having a heart attack” said Cadaver.

Lorna’s expression changed to one of shock “Does he have a pacemaker?”

“How the hell should I know!” squawked Cadaver “You, bleeding spider! Rip his shirt open”

The weakened villain tore open the shirt to reveal an old heart surgery scar; Lorna’s eyes widened, her throat closed and she nearly died “I killed him” she whispered.

“Call Doctor Strange and get us out of here” said Free Spirit.

“How?” asked Cadaver.

“You said you’d worked for him before,” Free Spirit mimed a phone call “So…go on”

“Lady, the doc didn’t give me a buzzer or a phone. You were there as well remember” stated Cadaver when Bengal shoved a fist in his face and revealed a small orange rock “And what is that?” As if on cue the rock burst into a plume of orange smoke and Doctor Strange appeared.

“Were you successful?” asked Dr Strange.

Dvd factory taken offline” said Bengal quietly.

“Thank you. I shall transport you home now” And with a flash of energy it was done.

177A Bleecker Street, Greenwich Village

A few days later Lorna Dane stood on the porch of the Sorcerer Supreme’s home. Her eyes were red from crying, hands sore from being clenched into balls for too long. Lorna had used up her last favours to get his address because she wanted some answers. She pushed the doorbell again for the third time when finally the door opened.

“Sorry,” said Dr Strange “My help has the evening off and I was in the middle of reading at the other end of the hous…”

“We have to talk about the mission to Mexico!” stated Lorna.

“What mission to Mexico?” replied Dr Strange “And who are you?”

4donkeyjohnson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By 4donkeyjohnson

@batkevin74: “Madre dios!” screeched the man as he grabbed his chest.

“It’s okay, I’m not a zombie” assured Cody but the man started turning red in the face and clutching his chest. Cody rushed to the man’s side and tried to help “Are you okay? What’s happening?”

Very nice, I sense something is up! Good work

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By batkevin74
ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#5  Edited By ImpurestCheese

Todos esos villanos hispanos que luchan en su propio terreno es manera fresca, casi como un cartel real. Y extraño olvido convineantly la misión. Él es sin duda tramando algo.

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By batkevin74

Todos esos villanos hispanos que luchan en su propio terreno es manera fresca, casi como un cartel real. Y extraño olvido convineantly la misión. Él es sin duda tramando algo.

Thank god for Google translate "All thosevillainsHispanicsstrugglingon their own groundis way cool, almost like areal poster.Andstrange forgetfulnessconvineantlythe mission.Heis definitelyup to something"

Thanks!

Trying to expand my brain beyond just using broken, minimal Spanish. But something is up, what...well we'll see :)

AgeofHurricane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

Lorna Dane. Color me intrigued.

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

AgeofHurricane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

@batkevin74: lol! But i do like her position in all this though.

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

lykopis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By lykopis

Now that is what I call a twist!

Is it okay that I can't help but laugh at poor Cody? There is just no escaping the zombie labeling with him - oh, and Bengal is definitely coming across extremely scary and mysterious. Great work here.

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bumped

wildvine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 50

@batkevin74

Well, that was an ending I did not see coming.... Loved the bit about him setting up his Blu ray.

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wildvine said:

@batkevin74

Well, that was an ending I did not see coming.... Loved the bit about him setting up his Blu ray.

Blu-Ray is one of the most evil yet underrated villains in either universe, including our own! :)

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers