Marvel Mayhem: Tales from the Raft #2

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 14

#1  Edited By ImpurestCheese

Impurest Cheese & Marvel Mayhem Presents: Tales from the Raft #2 (of 5)

For Marvel Mayhem visit theLibraryor visit theGroup’s Facebook Page

For the first part of Marvel Mayhem's The Raft follow this link.

“How did this bloody well happen?” The man in an orange prison jumpsuit moaned as he climbed up the stairs to the gutted corpse of the Strong Room, “How come we’re always the last people to know when something is going on?”

“Beat’s me.” His companion asked, “What I want to know is why nobody has tried escaping yet.”

“Everyone else is too busy fighting over turf and personnel for the gang war between the Hobgoblin and MODAM.” The first speaker stated, “So Spear what are you in for?” He asked as reached down and helped his friend up the steps.

No Caption Provided

“You know that Sinister Six thing where you and those guys worked for Tuatara and robbed banks. Well somebody paid me to masquerade as Boomerang, don’t know why and I’m sure as hell not going to be doing it again.” Spear answered

“Wait that was you?” The first prisoner stated as the pair walked into the Strong Room, the smell of blood wafting over them. “My god that’s Lion Fang and Turner D Century, it looks like somebody ripped them limb from limb.” He added bending down to check for a pulse on the first victim.

“Oh jeez Slyde let’s just get our stuff and go.” Spear moaned as he pulled a quiver of spears off of one of the shelves.

“Go where, we’re stuck in here until somebody busts out or the authorities come.” Slyde answered, “All the while not knowing who the killer is or who their next target is.”

“So that’s a problem for the police.” Spear whimpered. “Man I was this close to retirement,” He moaned, “and now I’m going to be murdered.”

“Calm down.” Slyde ordered, “Huh looks like a message, I’ve seen this thing before when Hammerhead asked me to steal Code Blue’s records on super crime a month back.” He added before thinking, “Also in evidence lock-up when the Commissioner asked me to take the original Slyde’s identity and infiltrate New York’s criminal underworld.”

No Caption Provided

“Message?” Spear asked, “What does it say?”

A caged animal never changes

The only solution to stop such criminals is the final solution

Mine is the unseen face of true justice

Scourge of the Underworld

“Nothing good.” Slyde sighed as he pulled his blue suit off the remaining hanger. “Only that none of us are safe.”

Silently the imposing form of Katrina Van Horn AKA Amazon carried the decrepit figure on her shoulder towards the shuttle bay hoping that she would be in luck and that her ride was waiting for her. Something had changed recently in her life and she no longer felt like she was in the same world as people like the Hobgoblin and Trapster that she had been incarcerated alongside.

“This is most undignified.” The man she was carrying hissed. “I demand you carry me properly or let me walk to the shuttle.”

“Consider this Dr. Dorcas; two months ago I would have dragged you down these halls by the scruff of your neck so shut up.” Amazon snapped as she reached the massive bay doors that led out onto the landing pad. Putting Dorcas down she quickly tapped in the pass code before watching as the doors slid open to reveal and army of troopers on the other side all armed with firearms and clad in ULTIMATUM white uniforms. “I was expecting someone else?” Amazon stated as she pushed Dorcas into the hanger before pulling the bay doors closed. “Zemo agreed that Citizen V would be picking me up.” She added as a well built man clutching a mace disembarked from a V-Wing parked in between the two standard prison shuttles. “Not that it isn’t good to see you again Flag Smasher.”

“Citizen V, Outback and Telemetry betrayed us.” Flag Smasher grunted, “It’s why Operation White-Water had to be accelerated, luckily we had enough Skrull prisoners to animate the Biohazard remains. Soon New York will see that Seattle was the beta test and this is the real thing.”

No Caption Provided

“I don’t know.” Amazon sighed, “It seems wrong somehow.”

“That’s why Zemo wants you back at base.” Flag Smasher ordered before clicking his fingers, a red headed woman wearing a brown hunting jacket over her white uniform. “Anarchy as soon as I leave kill anyone who enters this hanger. We proceed on schedule do you understand me?”

“Yes sir!” Anarchy barked before giving a swift salute. Heading to the V-Wing; Flag Smasher waited for Amazon and Dr Dorcas to get on before turning back to the assembled ULTIMATUM troops. “Fail me and your families pay the price.” He growled as the V-Wing jetted off away from the facility.

“We need to warn everybody, anybody.” Slyde stated as Spear knocked on the mess hall doors before opening them. “We don’t have time for lunch.”

“You want to warn people I want to eat.” Spear answered as the villains inside looked up at the two newcomers before going back to raiding the kitchen’s supplies. “Go ahead I’m going to grab some chow before we get thrown out.” He added as Slyde walked up to an imposing figure and tapped him on the shoulder only to see him turn around and flash an imposing row of shark like teeth at him. “You sir, you’re Tiger Shark right?”

No Caption Provided

“Wrong, the name is Lone Shark, you're going to remember that because I’m going to carve it into your skull.” The shark man hissed as he grabbed Slyde by the throat only for his victim to slip out of his grasp and across the room to the feet of an armoured villain clutching a plate loaded with rice cakes.

“Raider hi.” Slyde gulped, “Help me out for old time sakes.”

“Nah I want a dinner with a show.” Raider snorted before kicking Slyde back across the room back to Lone Shark. “Here he’s yours to reprocess Loan Shark.”

“It’s Lone Shark punk! As in Lone with an E” Lone Shark snarled before putting his foot onto Slyde’s chest only for him to slip off and slam into a reinforced stove. Getting to his feet Slyde shook himself before hearing the Shark groan and turned to see the villain rip the stove off of the floor and throw it at him, the projectile sending him flying back to where Spear was chatting up a woman armed with a longbow and a basket full of apples.

“You going to help him?” She asked before watching Spear flash her a cheeky smile and casually fire a three foot long dart from his salvaged launcher across the kitchen, the flying dart barely missing Lone Shark and causing him to stop for a few seconds.

No Caption Provided

“Listen I know we got off on the wrong foot but we have a problem.” Slyde spluttered as the villains in the mess hall save for a shadowy figure in the corner encircled his prone form. “And that’s…” Before he could finish the doors were flung open and a hulking red monstrosity walked in flanked by a pair of cons dressed in orange jumpsuits and masks stylised with a red ‘HG’ painted over the entire face-plate.

“Alright punks!” The red figure announced, “This here hall is now property of the Hobgoblin. You want to eat then you join his faction, no excuses and no exceptions.”

“Really?” The figure in the corner asked, “You will find that this mess hall is within MODAM’s sphere of influence and that all who wish to eat here are welcome save for the Hobgoblin’s men of course.” Emerging from the shadows, a man in a black jump suit with a red spider emblazoned on the front appeared. “So Protogoblin it is in your best interests to leave.”

“Says the Spiderman groupie.” Protogoblin hissed, “It has been an age since I fought a spider.”

“Then come and see what the Devil Spider can do.” Devil Spider said with a half smile before taking a deep breath as Protogoblin twitched slightly before charging in. Standing stock still Devil Spider waited until his opponent reached him before slamming a knife into the goblin’s skull, the force of the blow almost cleaving half the monster’s face off before he collapsed quivering on the floor. “Go back to your master.” Devil Spider ordered the two cons that were staring at Protogoblin’s quaking corpse. “Tell him that I’m coming for him.” He added as the men bolted. Walking back to the corner Devil Spider sat back down before announcing. “Son you had something to tell us did you not?”

No Caption Provided

“Yeah the Scourge of the Underworld is loose in the prison and he’s armed. He killed Lion Fang and Turner D Century up in the Strong Room.” Slyde told the gathered criminals as Spear took an apple from the female archer’s basket and walked over to the door. There was a moment’s silence before Lone Shark stirred and walked over to Slyde and delivering a swift kick in the back that propelled him out of the mess hall.

“And STAY OUT!” He bellowed as he shut Slyde and Spear out of the mess hall.

“Well that went well.” Spear joked as Slyde flickered the bird at the mess hall. “So who do you want to annoy next?”

Hijacker grumbled as he tightened a bolt in the aqueduct elevation assembly, with the automated systems offline he had to get the system working on a manual setting if Mirage’s gang was going to escape from the Raft in the Gunboat the group had hijacked. But between Mirage’s creepy ‘I’m psychic so do what I say’ attitude, Lion Fang and Death Adder’s feral dispositions and El Jaguar’s constant cloak and dagger behaviour he wasn’t certain if it was worth the effort. Only Turner D Century had been decent to him when the group had formed an escape committee in the prison library although Hijacker suspected that his good manners were all a façade.

No Caption Provided

“Hey buddy pass me that crowbar will you!” He yelled as a convict clad in state penitentiary orange walked past. “Today would be nice.” He added as the prisoner picked up the tool and stood over him before stabbing the tool through the elevation controls. “What the…what are you doing?” Hijacker groaned as the convict pushed him inside, the spinning gears crushing him instantly before spraying a thin shower of blood over the murderer.

His face calm despite what he had just done the convict turned and walked away leaving Hijacker jammed in the gears, his corpse stopping his team-mate escape before whispering. “Justice has been served.”

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By ImpurestCheese

Bump

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 13

#3  Edited By batkevin74

@impurestcheese: Lord of the Lesser Known Villain! I bow my head to you. May have to co-ordinate with you over Slyde and his undercoverness.

Ang go Scourge! Just killing bast@ds

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@batkevin74: Yeah he is. Thanks for the comment. As soon as Tales of the Raft is over Slyde is free for use.

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@impurestcheese: You're presuming he's going to live through this...everyone could be on the chopping block

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@batkevin74: True the only known survivor is Dreadknight since we've seen him in the future Avengers fighting the titular team.

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By batkevin74

@impurestcheese: And that's just a costume/identity potentially. Plus the future is never set in stone

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

wildvine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 50

#11 wildvine  Moderator

Trapped in a prison with Scourge. The Raft has become a hell all its own.

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wildvine: Yep my first idea was to create a villain killing maniac and then I remembered their was a pre-made one who used to have his own series. :-)

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@impurestcheese: Does the outside world know that the Raft is having all this drama? Because if yes (or even if only the authorities know about it ie NYPD) can I reference it? But if its still all secret squirrel to everyone so far

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@batkevin74: Yes it's a secret at the moment. Only 'Under Hill' the grand director of operation White Water knows about it and she has the authority to tell virtually everyone to ignore it.

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@batkevin74: Sorry. The reveal to the general public will be soon thanks to ULTIMATUM.

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By batkevin74
batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hey, when's this wrap up? Coz I have a very dangerous assassin who just fought Thor who needs to be locked up...

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By ImpurestCheese

A few hours after Ka-Boom is finishes. Planing a reference to that next issue. Let's just say the bridge is out and it looks as if Grand Central Station will be following suit. If you need an alternative prison try the Living Fortress in Seattle. I'm sure they'd love to have an extra villain to put into a comatose state to avoid breakouts. Also Last Issues of Deadly Foes just went up.

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By batkevin74

Bumped

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers