Marvel Mayhem Shorts: The Motherload

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 14

No Caption Provided

With a screeching hiss the door was sliced in two and a figure dressed in a hooded cloak and a skull like death mask walked into the room, a long handled scythe attached to his hand. With a huff he walked over to a small alter of stone on the edge of a shallow pit, the dragon design coiled around a single slit.

“I wouldn’t touch that Reaper.” A voice warned behind as the hooded figure turned round to see a gleaming humanoid of light standing behind him.

“You would threaten me Laser?” Reaper hissed.

“He would.” Laser replied as he jabbed a finger at the green armoured figure complete with saw blades attached to his wrists. “I don’t, but considering who sent the invite, I would be careful.”

“You’re right, maybe I should let Whirlwind step in first, see if he can play the role of disposable muscle right, I mean he barely does anything else.” Reaper stated as the man in green pushed past the Living Laser and shoved a saw blade under his throat.

“Funny, at least I don’t have to murder a person a day to stay alive.” Whirlwind stated as the saw blade spun slowly. “How many times have you died Grim?” He added as a sword was slipped under his throat. “Who?”

“Some kabuki guy.” Living Laser stated as he brightened his body to reveal a man dressed in a suit armed with a katana, a kabuki mask slipped over his face.

“Lord Deathstrike to you.” The man replied in a calm voice. “I was promised a fortune in equipment if I made my way to this grim place using nothing but my powers and skills. I didn’t plan to share, but I don’t want any unnecessary bloodshed, especially considering our host’s reputation.”

“If it is him.” A new voice announced as three more figures walked in. “The Mandarin doesn’t really hold yard sales you know.”

“If he did he certainly wouldn’t invite losers like the Trapster and his thugs.” Living Laser huffed as Lord Deathstrike and Whirlwind stepped back to give each other room to disengage.

“Hey I may be a loser, but me, Oriole and Bitter Frost are the losers who set off an avalanche to bury everyone behind us.” Trapster replied as he spun one of his pistols round his finger before holstering it. “Think of it this way gang, we now only have to share the loot seven ways.”

“Perhaps.” Reaper hissed quietly as he let the light gleaming off the Living Laser bounce off his scythe. “I don’t share though, and I got here first.”

“No you didn’t.” A voice boomed through the room as torches magically lit around the pit to reveal a familiar teams set of equipment ranging from a Quinn Jet to the gleaming shield of Captain America, all supporting some signs of wear but nothing a little repair couldn’t remedy. “The Avengers came to my home months earlier and they perished here. Rest assured though, that is not my intention for the eight of you.”

“So what do you want?” Bitterfrost asked, her lithe blue skin sweating as she walked past the Living Laser to the edge of the steps, her actions causing all the other villains to tense up at the anticipation of treachery.

“I need no tokens to remind me of what I have achieved, I want you to remove what you need and dispose of the rest.” The voice of the Mandarin ordered. “But take heed, only remove what belonged to the Avengers, steal from me or venture any further than the far wall of this chamber and you will all feel my wrath.”

“You expect me to stoop to the role of vulture and pick over the scraps of your victory?” Lord Deathstrike spat in the most annoyed tone he could muster. “I am no scavenger sir, and I will not become one, I expected this horde to be one we could barter for not take a charity.” He added as he turned and walked out the door, back onto the snowy mountain slopes.

“So we split it six ways?” Oriole asked, as he spread the mechanical wings attached to his back. “Assuming that we can share.”

“Depends on who wants to take Captain America’s Shield.” Whirlwind stated as he joined his potential rival in the air. “Always wanted some unbreakable saw blades.” He added as he spun his blades up to full speed.

“Keep dreaming Whirly.” The Trapster ordered. “That shield can’t be melted down or sliced up, whoever takes it must take it as a shield and nothing more.”

“You are incorrect Herr Peter.” A German accented voice announced from the shadows. “As are you Herr Williams.” He added as a squat mechanical figure walked out of the darkness, a face shown on his torso and a video camera sitting on top of where a neck should have been. “I have been here for hours, and that shield holds samples of Herr Rogers DNA, and in the hands of Arnim Zola the Bio-Fanatic, a sample of DNA can be the most potent weapon in the world.”

“Hey if that floats your boat.” The Living Laser sighed as he shrugged his luminous shoulder. “I bet most of us are here for Stark Tech.”

“One more thing.” The Mandarin stated as he sat watching the villains file down into the pit and start inspecting the equipment lying around the floor. “I will only tolerate your kind for an hour, after that you will join the Avengers in this tone, but I suspect nobody will come to claim what you have.” He added as he placed his red armoured hands complete with a bejewelled ring on each hand as the villains he had gathered hurried to get what they wanted before time ran out.

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 140

dont you dare clone Cap!! godammit

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers