Reviews: 2

User Lists: 13

#1  Edited By batkevin74

Rated MA, all characters owned by Marvel. Continued from:

Marvel Mayhem: Scourge

Marvel Mayhem: Scourge 2

Marvel Mayhem: Scourge 3

Marvel Mayhem: Scourge 4

Code: Blue were the S.W.A.T who took on costumed villains. Years ago they’d taken on the Wrecking Crew and won which gave them credibility. They even took on Ulik the troll, Cardiac and Juggernaut which gave them funding

No Caption Provided

But then they had a malfunctioning robot which got them taken to task by Internal Affairs who nearly scrutinized them back to normal duties. Then a member died in the line of duty. Their coffin was being nailed shut when the Rand Corporation donated four million dollars to the unit. Not to be outdone Stark Industries matched it as did Fantastic Four Incorporated and also Worthington Industries, which prompted Roxxon to match all the donations and Code: Blue were up and running again.

Dallas hated them! Hate was too harsh but she really disliked them due to the fact that they got handed money because they were pals with Thor and the rest of the force had to scrimp, save and run carwashes. And now they had been brought in by Captain Burdick on orders of the mayor.

“So…” Dallas looked at their commanding officer, Lieutenant Marcus Stone, as they stood in the Captain’s office.

No Caption Provided

“You don’t like me, do you?” said Stone as he eyed the detective up and down.

“Would you like polite or honest?” asked Dallas as she sipped her coffee.

“Honest”

“You’re about as useful as the Power Pack!” remarked Dallas.

Lieutenant Stone glared at the detective “Really?”

Dallas nodded as she finished her coffee “My boss’s boss wants you to help with my case. Honestly, I want you to go play in the park and wait until the Rhino knocks over an armoured car or something. You’re a S.W.A.T team, I need detectives! Besides, you look like an action figure”

Captain Burdick entered the room “Has Detective Riordan brought you up to speed Stone?”

“Your detective has been…most informative” said Stone.

“That doesn’t sound like Dallas at all,” commented the Captain as he poured himself a cup of coffee and took a seat at his desk “I thought she’d tell you how much the rest of the department thinks you’re glory hounds and headline chasers!”

Dallas stifled a chuckle as she sat down; Lieutenant Stone tensed and exhaled to keep his anger in check.

“Have you finished?” asked Stone.

“Settle down Marcus” eased Captain Burdick “The mayor wants you onboard, so you’re onboard. You and your team are easy targets”

“My team is exceptional!” stated Stone.

“Best money can buy” quipped Dallas.

“Okay enough!” said Burdick “Stone, you and your team will continue to do what you normally do. When the time comes and we’re raiding this guy’s house, you’re first through the door.”

“So you’re mothballing me?”

No Caption Provided

“Essentially yes. Unless you want to do some general duties or know where Surge is…”

“Scourge” corrected Dallas

“…you’re here only to keep the mayor happy” Captain Burdick stood up “It’s not personal Marcus; it’s just the way it is”

Lieutenant Stone stood up “I get it Blake, don’t like it but I get it” He grunted a goodbye at Dallas and left, the door shutting with force, not slammed, but enough to know he was angry.

“When the mayor finds out about this,” Captain Burdick pointed at Dallas “It’ll be your badge and your pension”

“If!” said Dallas “IF they find out! Stone’s a show pony but a cop show pony. He won’t go blabbing.”

Captain Burdick motioned for Dallas to leave as he got stuck into his paperwork.

I watch the news. “Masters of Evil hold fans and players hostage”.

I MUST visit the sunshine state and rid them of their criminal problems…not now. But soon...

Detective Riordan stood in the morgue; beside her was Medical Examiner Georgia Jenkins, Crime Scene Technician Ryan Tucker and Dr Mark Byrne. Spread out were the victims of Scourge on several gurneys.

“You three know as much about this case as I do” said Dallas as she bolted the door “So I need your help cracking it. And please if you are the killer, just save me many sleepless nights and step forward now”

“You still think it’s me don’t you?” asked Ryan

“Did you do it?” snapped Dallas as her hand rested on her gun.

“NO!”

“Well okay then!” remarked Dallas “The reason I called you here is because I need your expert help and advice on how to catch this guy! I need options or conclusive evidence or a smoking gun or something! Please”

“You got me out of a S.H.I.E.L.D seminar for this?” asked Dr Byrne.

“Uh-huh” Dallas’ shoulders dropped, her hand coming off the gun and slid into her pocket.

“Thank you” smiled Dr Byrne “I hate seminars!”

I should feel bad for planning to kill a woman, shouldn’t I?

NO!

They wish equal rights, to be treated the same; then they get the same punishments! Hellen Feliciano is no woman, she’s an animal!

“Oh come on!” yelled Dallas as she entered the apartment of one Hellen Feliciano “This is out of control!”

“It’s a New York style pig rodeo!” came a familiar voice from the kitchen.

“What are you doing here Molly?” asked Dallas as she approached the other detective “Or do you prefer Lieutenant Von Richtofen? It’s been too long?”

“It has!” replied Molly as she air kissed her cheek “Busy honestly”

“Oh yeah! So what are you doing in my crime scene?” asked Dallas as she pulled on a set of blue gloves.

“I think you mean my crime scene Dallas” said Molly as she followed suit “Besides, I may have a present for you?”

“Do tell?”

“You’re after your cape killer right?”

“Yessss” Dallas watched her carefully

No Caption Provided

“Well Hellen Feliciano is dating Giacomo Fortunato, of the Fortunato Crime family”

Dallas gasped as she grabbed Molly by the shoulders “Tell me you caught him?”

“Only on film” Molly held up a CD “Want to see what your boy looks like?”

Male or female, human or mutant, they will all die!

They broke the law and justice will be served!

Scourge of The Underworld

Detective Riordan and Lieutenant Von Richtofen sat in Captain Burdick’s office, eyes glued to the screen. The slightly fuzzy image showed the front door of Hellen Feliciano’s apartment, shot from across the hall through the peephole of apartment seventeen. Nothing happens for several minutes when suddenly a man in a white trench coat enters the frame on the far left.

“Can we get that any clearer?” asked Dallas as she squinted trying to discern the face.

“This is the NYPD, not magical TV-land where everything gets done in a heartbeat” joked Molly “Enhancing an image only works if was clear to start off with”

The figure pulled on a grey, skull-like mask and donned a white wide brimmed hat, crouched and knocked on the door.

“What’s he doing?” asked Molly

“How should I know?” snapped Dallas “This isn’t like Secret Hospital”

“See the last episode?”

“I stopped watching after that Watson girl left to do movies”

“Ladies!” snapped Captain Burdick from the dark corner.

“Sorry Captain” they mumbled in unison and returned to the screen. The door opened a touch and the man in white sprang into action kicking the door fully open taking the woman who answered the door completely by surprise.

“What was that?” asked Dallas pointing to the screen.

“What was what?” said Molly

“Rewind and look at his hands. He doesn’t have a weapon and then…look he’s got one! It appears from nowhere, he’s got a rifle!”

“Mutant?” asked Captain Burdick.

“May have to travel up to the special school in Westchester and have an ask around” said Dallas

“So he kicks open the door with no weapon and then pop! He’s got one, pumps nine shots into her. Ex-lover?”

“Possible,” said Dallas “To quote the good Dr Byrne; Acts of extreme violence indicate the killer knows the victims.”

“So the other guys killed were what, a lead up to killing her? Taking out her ex-lovers before whacking her and her new beau?” said Molly as she stood and stretched “It’s a theory”

“The victim was Hellen Feliciano, aka Letha, former employee of Unlimited Class Wrestling Federation, which is as shady as those Wakanda Prince emails” said Blake as he turned on the lights and headed to his desk. “Shot at close range with a seemingly magical, fifty calibre rifle nine times. Bullets recovered were made from…”

“What is it?” asked Molly.

“Irradiated carbonadium” stated Captain Burdick as he reached across the desk and picked up the phone “We have to call S.H.I.E.L.D!”

“Oh there goes my effing case!” cried Dallas.

No Caption Provided

“What’s going on?” asked Molly as she took the file from Captain Burdick.

“Maybe you didn’t get the memo over in the Organized Crime Unit, but whenever carbonadium or adamantium or vibranium or pain-in-my-ass-ium is found on a crime scene, thanks to the Patriot Act and in part to the defeated Superhuman Registration bill,” said Captain Burdick as he waited on hold “It falls under S.H.I.E.L.D jurisdic…Captain Blake Burdick for Timothy Dugan…yes I’ll hold”

“Meaning some idiot in a jumpsuit is going to take my case off me!” moaned Dallas.

“Well, you weren’t doing that great with it” joked Molly giving her a slight, playful elbowing.

@joygirl @irishlad@impurestcheese@pyrogram@wildvine

Avatar image for banestrokelobogrundybatarrow
BaneStrokeLoboGrundyBatArrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

@batkevin74: love the story I really love how you took a not well known character and made him epic. Only Complaint: I don't like Dallas

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By batkevin74
ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 14

#4  Edited By ImpurestCheese

Oh Scourge please come and take Firebrand out of this world. Come on I dare you. LOL >:-D. Seriously keep up the work you're making a real killing.

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By batkevin74

@impurestcheese: If it works in my arc, I may be heading West to bullet in your guy! :) As I said I will keep you way informed before I make a move and coordinate with you so we BOTH look good.

Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 79

User Lists: 3

Awesome!!!

“Maybe you didn’t get the memo over in the Organized Crime Unit, but whenever carbonadium or adamantium or vibranium or pain-in-my-ass-ium is found on a crime scene, thanks to the Patriot Act and in part to the defeated Superhuman Registration bill,”

Best line ever!!!

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By batkevin74

@rabbitearsblog: Why thank you! It stand to reason in a universe such as Marvel, that the government would have some sort of procedure to deal with weird stuff that happens all the time especially with rare metals

gumflabica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

cool! i might be able to think of another not so cool character that you could work your magic on... long tongue... pretty much useless... the person that came up with him was probably high at the time... weridest f^cking mutant ever... it'd be a challenge, but interesting results.

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By batkevin74

@gumflabica: Well at the moment Scourge is just going through the list of ones he ACTUALLY killed in the MU before I start taking out new guys, but Toad could easily make the new list :)

Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rabbitearsblog: Why thank you! It stand to reason in a universe such as Marvel, that the government would have some sort of procedure to deal with weird stuff that happens all the time especially with rare metals

Exactly! :D

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

lykopis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Okay, I am up to date and you are really rolling with this one. It would be extremely frustrating to a regular cop shoppe having all these superheros running around, let alone SHIELD needing to be called in whenever something goes in the direction of special tech (as in the carbonadium). Touches like that really make the story.

This time you threw in a lot of fun lines -- from the interactions between Molly and Dallas (Secret Hosptial -- HA!) and of course, the Prince Wakanda e-mail fraud idea.

Please add me to your call-out list? Hopefully it will work more than it has in the past on this new site.

TommytheHitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Still awesome!

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By batkevin74
wildvine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 50

Still good.

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wildvine: Are you doing a massive reread of Marvel Mayhem titles?

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Looks like it, wv did up to 10 of Scourge plus Hulk & Spider-Man, some X-men and then punched out Howard the Duck! :)

wildvine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 50

More like a massive original read. I read the first few Scourge, then trailed off. The rest of Mayhem is virtually new to me.

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers