Marvel Mayhem: New York's Finest Issue 2

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 13

#1  Edited By batkevin74

Continued from: http://www.comicvine.com/forums/fan-fic-8/marvel-mayhem-new-york-s-finest-issue-1-1503778/#9

Two hours from New York City

Bullet looked at the crumpled and broken armrest in his hand, imagining it to be Coy’s head. He looked at the diagram on the headrest that showed the planes trajectory, speed and location, roughly over Peoria Illinois. He’d spent eighteen hours on the slowest flight ever, internalising his rage. The staff had backed off and the other passengers gave him a wide berth. He looked at his watch, he had six hours to locate Molly Von Richthofen and kill her or Lance would die and two of those hours were still trapped onboard. Even with the time difference from Indonesia it was still going to be close.

“C’mon!” he grumbled in frustration as he watched the small plane inch forward on the screen.

Midtown Precinct, W 54 St, Hell’s Kitchen

The hummingbird aka Dominic Barzalotti bounced around the back of the squad car like he trapped in a pinball machine. He was wearing two pairs of cuff plus leg restraints hooked to the floor but still, jumping around. They’d accepted Detective Alex Kurtz’s offer to leave him and pick him up as they clocked back on.

“Why can’t we just…knock him out?” suggested Danny, getting annoyed at the racket behind him as they crawled through New York traffic.

Molly shot him a look “Really Detective?”

“Sorry Lieutenant.” muttered Danny sheepishly.

“You should be Danny!” said Molly as she started the car “This isn’t the seventies where you smack a perp with a phonebook and say he slipped.”

“Yes Lieutenant”

“Besides,” Molly smirked “Its 2013…where the hell would you find a phonebook?”

No Caption Provided

One Police Plaza

Rage glared at the clerk behind the desk “Any time man!”

The clerk looked up from his computer “Are you disrespecting me?” Rage was taken aback by the oldm rotund, desk clerk who was snapping at him “Because if you are young man…”

“HEY!” snapped Rage jumping to his feet. “I’ve been here eleven hours, ELEVEN!”

“Well whoppie!” retorted the clerk twirling his finger “I’ve been here thirteen and you don’t hear me raising my voice or carrying on like an idiot, do you?"

Rage gritted his teeth, his fingers slightly indenting the counter as he controlled himself “Can someone, please take this mugger off my hands!”

“Fill this out!” the clerk tossed a clipboard towards him.

“I already did!” growled Rage shoving the clipboard back.

“That was yesterday son,” smiled the clerk pushing the clipboard back “Okay?”

Rage snatched up the clipboard and stormed off grumbling.

New York airspace

Bullet got up from his seat and walked towards the back of the plane. The overly effeminate steward went to say something due to the seatbelt sign but Bullet just whumped him in the stomach and kept walking. The steward spat blood as he hit the floor in a curled ball of pain and agony. Bullet grabbed the lever on the emergency exit and wrenched open the door, the plane responding to the instanteous change in pressure with turbulence and oxygen masks. Bullet stepped out of the plane and dropped like a stone towards the city.

KER-RUNCH!

Bullet stepped out of the large crater he’d made out the front of the Trinity Church. A cab screeched to a halt to stop colliding with him, in the process a Daily Bugle delivery truck ran up the back of it. The cab driver threw open his door, cell in hand and furious.

“Ya big giant idiot!” yelled the cabbie as he dialled “First the flamin’ X-men, then that Pym guy an…”

His sentence ended as Bullet’s big hand clamped around his mouth, the vice like grip quickly turning his face a shade of crimson “Phone!”

The near unconscious cab driver fumbled the phone to his attacker before losing consciousness. Bullet discarded him like a used tissue as he typed in a number “Exact locale of Von Richthofen, Molly, NYPD, rank of Lieutenant”

No Caption Provided

He looked at the terrified driver sitting in his truck dropped his phone and fled like a startled rabbit. Bullet looked around at the mayhem he’d just caused as he awaited an answer. A hollow electronic voice finally answered.

“-NYPD Lieutenant, Molly Von Richthofen’s current locale based on current data…One Police Plaza. Calculating…Six hundred and fifty four meters, or two thousand one hundred and forty five feet northeast of your current location.-”

Bullet crushed the phone into glitter before slamming his hands onto the bonnet of the cab, denting it like it was balsa wood. He then grabbed the bumper and flipped it like a pancake into the truck cabin, roaring like an animal before taking off in the direction of One Police Plaza at a speed that such a big man shouldn’t be able to go.

One Police Plaza

Von Richthofen and Granville frogmarched the still bouncing Dominic Barzalotti up the stairs like they were wrestling a bucking bronco. Even cuffed and shackled he was acting as if he’d just taken a shot of PCP with an energy drink chaser.

“Settle down!” barked Danny as his frustrations got the better of him as he applied a chokehold. Molly glared at Danny who released it and stepped back as Molly swept in.

“Are you stupid?” she whispered as she twisted the cuffs “Look where we are? Do you not like being a cop?”

“Bu…”

“No buts!” snapped Molly as she yanked the cuffs up which put tension on the wrists and shoulder joints driving Dominic towards the pavement “We do it properly or not at all! If you want to be a cowboy I’ll get you to partner with Riordan okay?”

“Yes Lieutenant!”

Molly pulled the shackles tight and grabbed Dominic by the scruff of the neck “Come on hummingbird!”

“Hey Harry can you book this guy for me?” hollered Molly as she and Danny brought Dominic in through the door.

“Sure thing” smiled the desk clerk.

No Caption Provided

“FOR CRYING OUT LOUD!” roared Rage as he got up and marched over to the trio at the counter and the clerk behind it “I’VE BEEN NOTHING BUT PATIENT MAN! NOW YOU’VE GOT PEOPLE CUTTIN’ IN FRONT OF ME? IS THIS A BLACK THING? YOU THINK YOU CAN JUST MOVE ME AROUND LIKE A PAWN ON A CHESSBOARD HUH?”

Molly looked at the large black man in the mask “Luke?”

“I AM NOT LUKE CAGE, WOMAN!” snapped Rage “I’M RAGE!”

“Yes, yes you are,” Molly quickly cuffed Dominic to the rail to face the angry man “Now what seems to be…”

“DON’T YOU DARE PATRONISE ME!?” Rage yelled “ALL DAMN NIGHT AND DAY I’VE WAITED HERE FOR THAT JACKASS!” A large black finger jabbed towards Harry the desk clerk “YEAH YOU!”

“You need to calm down” stated Molly as most of the precinct were looking Rage’s way. The whole thing could easily spiral into another Stamford or Seattle.

No Caption Provided

“Point at me again you little punk!” warned Harry as his hand drifted towards his holster.

“SOMEONE JUST TAKE THIS OFF MY HANDS SO I CAN GO BACK TO DOING MY JOB!” roared the angry young man as every eye in the place looked at him and nearly every hand went towards their weapons.

“Molly Von Richthofen?”

Molly saw a man as big, if not bigger than Rage step up behind him. Her face puzzled by him asking her name, especially now in this heated moment.

“Yes?” she replied hesitantly as she kept her eyes on Rage.

THWAK!

A massive hand swatted Rage away and into the wall as Bullet stepped forward and grabbed her by the head “Nothing personal,” said Bullet as he began to squeeze “But you gotta die!”

To be continued....

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 14

@batkevin74: Looks like its time to bite the bullet. It looks like Molly is in danger from the off. And what is up with the Hummingbird? I wonder when and where we will next see the lovable detective Dallas?

wildvine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 50

#3 wildvine  Moderator

@batkevin74

Lots of stuff to reference here. Like the plane crash. And Bullet cratering New York. Nice addition .

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@batkevin74: Looks like its time to bite the bullet. It looks like Molly is in danger from the off. And what is up with the Hummingbird? I wonder when and where we will next see the lovable detective Dallas?

Molly's in dire straights, Dominic "Hummingbird" Barzlotti is mainly a mcguffin...or is he (who has Daredevil btw). But Dallas, Dallas is on suspension/stress leave. She'll be back much later, time for others to shine

@wildvine said:

@batkevin74

Lots of stuff to reference here. Like the plane crash. And Bullet cratering New York. Nice addition .

Continuity is key :)

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@themanintheshoe got two comments within a 4hrs and then nothing else for days. Swings & roundabout, peaks & troughs! People get busy, life happens, different timezones/hemispheres...people get around to it eventually

Avatar image for themanintheshoe
TheManInTheShoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 17

#7  Edited By TheManInTheShoe

@batkevin74: You're right. And I love where this is going. I love how you squeezed in the word Mayhem in there :) And wildvine is right, lots of things to reference to :D

TommytheHitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Wow. Bullet is kind of a jerk!

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wow. Bullet is kind of a jerk!

More of a desperate father put in a rubbish situation than a jerk, but he actually is kind of a jerk so. Not that anyone deserves to have their son kidnapped by Madripoorean drug barons...well Wilson Fisk does. Hey what are you doing with Bullseye btw?

@batkevin74: You're right. And I love where this is going. I love how you squeezed in the word Mayhem in there :) And wildvine is right, lots of things to reference to :D

Continuity links the world, make you hopefully read other titles to get the references.

TommytheHitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

CatalinaIC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@batkevin74: Cool. Interesting title. It's nice to see Rage get out and about.

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@batkevin74: Cool. Interesting title. It's nice to see Rage get out and about.

Yeah, underused and under appreciated. Part 3 soon I hope

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bumped