Marvel Mayhem - Masters of Evil #4 (of 6)

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 14

#1  Edited By ImpurestCheese

Marvel Mayhem: Masters of Evil #4 - Breaking and Entering

All Characters are owned by Marvel Comics

Missed Last Issue? Click Here to Check it Out

For More Marvel Mayhem check out The Library and the Group's Facebook Page

Wirehead watched as the technicolor display caused by the teleportation trigger their contact had used, dissipated to reveal a small room, no larger than a portacabin and about as high tech.

“Ah man I thought the hub area would be off the hook?” He moaned as Zaran shouldered a quiver of arrows and sheathed an antique broadsword.

“What did he say?” He asked Vassal as the later checked the charge on a replacement hover-platform.

“Who knows?” Vassal answered. “It’s an honour to meet you sir.”

“Likewise.” Zaran replied as Chemistro opened the door to the outside and dragged a body dressed in a SHIELD jumpsuit inside. “We're not at you’re secret base are we?” He asked already knowing the answer.

No Caption Provided

“No we're at a facility run by MACE.” Zaran stated. “That’s the Magical Artefact Containment and Examination branch of SHIELD. Our boss Mr Korral wants an ancient tablet stored inside. One that will help read the signals given off by two sister artefacts we acquired from the Thunderbolts.”

“So it’s kind of like the Rosetta Stone?” Will O Wisp asked as Gargouille slipped the cyber wings she had won from the Dragoness over her shoulders.

“Pretty much.” Chemistro answered. “In twenty minutes there is a guard change and that’s when we strike. Everyone has a docket with their part of the plan inside. Memorise it and then bring it to me for destruction. “Any questions so far?”

“What about meta security?” Scarecrow asked as he stroked the scythe he had found. “I’m looking forward to another bout.”

“No meta security here.” Zaran told him. “Plenty of tech and cannon fodder but MACE has kept a low profile compared to SHIELD, and the Bolivia facility we are infiltrating is no different.”

”So why hire extra bodies?” Aftershock asked. Zaran didn't answer, not verbally instead he shot her a coy smile before leaving the cabin, followed by Chemistro. “Okay that makes me feel nervous." She added before opening the docket marked ‘Aftershock’ on the desk. “Okay looks like I'll be taking over the security room, powering down non-essential systems.”

“Looks like I'm mingling with the guards.” Scarecrow hissed. “Spreading fear and crippling their response time.”

“We're working together.” Gargouille told Vassal. “There’s a vent shaft that bypasses the main entrance. Ariel insertion and then a controlled descent to where a ‘light gate’ it. You know anything about that Wisp?”

“Light Gate is where I step in. I can infiltrate unseen and then I’m meant to reshape the barrier. Apparently the device acts as a barrier against oxidation and disintegrates material on contact.”

“Cool Science.” Wirehead chirped. “Looks like I'm creating a solid light shield over you guys so nobody can see what you're up to.”

“So if we're doing that what are the others doing?” Scarecrow asked. “And why are they not here helping us plan our infiltration?”

The gaunt gawky looking MACE agent half staggered half limped over to the barracks before shooting the security guard at the checkpoint an odd look. To be fair the guard was worrying about other things, namely the two ‘guests’ standing in the security channel waiting to be cleared for access.

“Hey buddy you okay?” The Scarecrow called causing the guard and his guests to turn round.

“Fine buddy.” The guard stated. “Go on through. Now Mr Whale Shark was it? You understand why we are worried about giving you access being a former super villain.”

“It’s Orka not Whale Shark.” The imposing Atlantean stated, “And that’s why I brought my friend.” He stated jabbing a finger at Victoria Hand, the woman shaking and shivering slightly. “We came about the artefact Mr Tumbushi gave to you a few weeks back.” Smiling Scarecrow slipped inside and entered the locker room before sitting down on a bench.

No Caption Provided

“Not that I care about any of you but we have a superhuman in the building.”

“Really?” Gargouille answered as Vassal delicately removed a vent from the wall allowing him to just about to squeeze through.

“Yeah!” Scarecrow answered, “I figure Aftershock can watch him to make sure he doesn’t get too close. Hey spark head how’s it going?” He added as he smiled at a pair of agents walking past.

“Who me?” Wirehead asked over the team radio channel

“It’s going fine.” Aftershock announced ignoring Wirehead's question. “Looks like Wirehead’s cloaking is working, I can't see you on any of the computer monitors. As for the backup power systems…well they seem to be offline without triggering a system alert.”

“Good we’re descending the shaft now.” Gargouille answered before turning to Vassal. “How’s it going, you see the bottom yet?”

“Not yet.” Vassal answered. “Tight squeeze though. I’m glad I don’t suffer from claustrophobia. Who okay I think I can see the Light Gate.” He grunted before dropping a beer can down the shaft, seconds later the object disintegrated, the faint smell of burning aluminium wafting up the shaft.

“Be careful!!” Aftershock hissed. “The sensors just radiated a five second fluctuation.”

“Sure okay.” Vassal answered. “Wisp you coming or not?” He asked. Seconds later there was a flash of light and the Will O Wisp appeared before him, his glow drowned out by the gate below.

“I’m certain both Oort and Moonstone could have done this.” Wisp moaned before reaching out and stroking the gate’s surface before freezing. “Oh no.”

“What? Oh no what?” Wirehead asked over the radio. “Why am I sitting on the shelf while the rest of you get to play in the disc tray?” Shaking his head Will o Wisp phased into the wall as Orka and Victoria Hand reached the Light Gate below the three villains.

“Somebody tell me what is going on with the game play please!!” Wirehead snapped, his voice echoing up and down the shaft. Stirring Orka looked up, peering through the darkness.

“What’s wrong?” Victoria asked putting her hand on his arm, the gate deactivating in front of him.

No Caption Provided

“I thought I heard?” Orka stated. “Ah never mind.” He finished before stepping through the gate and into the main storage area.

“You just got lucky Wirehead.” Gargouille hissed. “Now go help Scarecrow or something.” She added as Will o Wisp re-emerged and stroked the gate before channelling energy off of the surface. Concentrating on his work he suddenly felt his fingers elongate before looking down at the energy field, the surface fluctuating and stretching before it dissipated, ripping his light form in half with a scream that shook the entire building.

“Wisp!!” Vassal yelled. “S**t what just happened?”

“I’ve got no reading on the gate or him.” Aftershock replied franticly. “Oh and now the silent alarms are going off.” She added. “Scarecrow get to work ASAP!!”

“On it.” Scarecrow replied as he released the hormonal blocker he wore around his arm, powerful pheromones radiating through the base. “My jobs done I’m out of here.” He added as the men in the room around him begun to scream and quake in terror. “Email me how it good, or don’t I despise all of you.”

“Dam it Scarecrow!!” Vassal grunted as he dropped down into the bottom of the shaft. “Aftershock, Wirehead meet us inside we need to find this thing fast before reinforcements arrive.”

Limping out of the locker room the Scarecrow removed the mask he was wearing and stripped off the stolen uniform to reveal his usual costume. The mission was bust and he wasn't going to be left holding the loot like the others. Reaching the perimeter listening post he stood to one side as a jeep pulled up outside the gate. Smiling he walked up and knocked on the passenger window only for the glass to roll down to reveal a familiar figure.

“Y…you?!” He spluttered as a sword was pressed against his neck. “What are you doing here?”

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By ImpurestCheese
batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 13

@impurestcheese: "Wirehead watched as the technicolor display, caused by the teleportation trigger their contact had used, dissipated to reveal a small room, no larger than a portacabin and about as high tech." Yay for commas but see my suggestion as where the natural break should be. Regardless you're getting over your commaphobia :)

“Like wise.” Zaran replied. Its one word

“Y…you?!” He spluttered as a sword was pressed against his neck. “What are you doing here?” ZEMO! It's him right?

Good chapter, and Orka's back :) Not that he left

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@batkevin74: Cool thanks for the comment and advice. And yes Orka is back and he's not the only one.

Also why would Zemo be driving around Bolivia in a Jeep?

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@impurestcheese: Even pink hood wearing swastika saluters go on holidays! Besides they have nice temple ruins, cheap drugs, loose women and probably an old HYDRA base to keep him happy!

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@batkevin74: True he grew up in Bolivia (or the Marvel equivalent)

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@batkevin74: Don't you think Helmut Zemo the 13th has better things to do with his time?