Marvel Mayhem: Masters of Evil #3 (of 6)

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 14

#1  Edited By ImpurestCheese

Marvel Mayhem: Masters of Evil #3 - Bloodsport

All Characters are owned by Marvel Comics

Missed Last Issue? Click Here to Catch Up

For More Marvel Mayhem check out The Library and the Group's Facebook Page

Gargouille blinked once, twice before shifting her arm, only to feel the bite of handcuffs around her wrists. In front of her was an iron portcullis, one that appeared to lead out to an arena, the sound of cheering, battle and pain radiating into the room she was held in.

“Uh where are we?” A voice groaned behind her. Turning Gargouille saw Vassal, Aftershock and Wirehead all chained to the back wall.

No Caption Provided

“Some kind of arena.” She answered. “What happened to Will o Wisp?” She asked only to be answered as the sound of the portcullis grating open, a pair of guards entering armed with taser staves. Grabbing one side of the pole she was chained to, the guards dragged Gargouille outside and placed her in the arena, her appearance causing the crowd to scream and shout in elation. Gargouille had been part of the Underworld long enough to recognise some of the faces among the crowd; they were members of the crime syndicate ULTIMATUM in the stands alongside other soldiers, their shoulders emblazoned with a spade symbol.

“Greetings Ladies and Gentlemen!!” A female voice boomed from the main box as an emaciated woman with mechanical wings stepped into view. “Before the 1st Annual Seattle Bloodsport Tournament begins I present to you an exhibition match to wet your appetite. One of our sponsors provided this young mutant as entertainment for us.” She added as the chains around Gargouille’s arms popped open.

”What’s to stop me from just flying out of here?” She asked as something heavy slammed against the opposite portcullis.

“Then you leave your friends die.” The hostess hissed. “But if you win they go free. The Dragoness is a woman of her word. If you can defeat the fighter I picked then you and your friends may leave unimpeded.” She added as the opposite portcullis shattered and a massive insectile mutant crashed through the grate and snarled at her. “May I present Litterbug; former Master of Evil and current thrall of the mutant monstrosity Emplate!!?” She boomed. “Let battle commence!!”

Before the words had even left her lips Litterbug was already moving, saliva pooling from the mouths in his hands as Gargouille ducked under his guard and rolled through his legs. Turning Litterbug lashed out, the blow missing her and slashing foot deep gouges in the floor where his talons had struck the ground. Backing away Gargouille took to the air and dive-bombed Litterbug, striking him in the face with a clumsy haymaker only to be head-butted to the ground.

“No please NO!!” Gargouille screamed as Litterbug kicked her into the wall of the arena. Her cries were met with an inhuman roar from the staging area and the sound of snapping chains as Vassal thundered out of the cell and slammed into Litterbug, the blow sending them both sprawling.

“And we have another fighter in the ring.” Dragoness purred as Wirehead and Aftershock staggered in after Vassal. “Remember to check your odds and bet accordingly. All commission goes to the bail fund of General Coy after that beastly attack by American super humans.” She added.

“Cool Boss Battle.” Wirehead groaned as he summoned up a massive energy axe and threw it to Vassal before summoning a bazooka for himself. “My guess is those weird hand mouths are it’s weak spot.”

No Caption Provided

“All I needed to know.” Aftershock hissed before sending waves of electricity at Litterbug, the armoured thrall wading though the blasts and grabbing her by the neck only to receive a sharp kick to the groin. Enraged he threw her away before grappling with Vassal as the later tried to slash him open with his axe.

“Those mouths are not a weakness.” Gargouille hissed as she landed on Litterbug’s back and slammed punch after punch into his head. “He’s been infected by a mutant known as Emplate. They are designed to drain bone marrow from living things. If you don't die you become a thrall to Emplate, never to escape his grasp.”

“Oh wow a zombie.” Wirehead stated before firing his weapon, the hard light shell slamming into Emplate and causing Vassal to collapse as his foes weight shifted. With a savage kick Litterbug knocked him away before reaching up and grabbing Gargouille by the wing and dragged her off his back.

“Oh no you don’t!!” Aftershock snarled as she sent a stream of electricity through Gargouille, the energy cauterising her wings and allowing the tiny mutant to escape.

“My wings!!” Gargouille gasped.

“I’m sorry.” Aftershock replied as she flickered over to Gargouille. “Nobody deserves to be a slave.”

“It’s okay I guess.” Gargouille sighed as Litterbug charged towards them, only to be felled by a hard-light whip before he could reach them.

“Combat now, Interactive Dialogue screen later.” Wirehead grunted as he tied the other end of the line to the remaining portcullis. “That energy tether should hold him.” He added seconds before Litterbug ripped the portcullis off of the wall. “Oh come on! What does it take to defeat this boss? He’s harder to take down then Deathstroke in Rise of the Red Skull!!”

“This isn't a video game!!” Vassal snorted as he swung his energy axe at Litterbug, only for the blade to snap off.

“Maybe not but here comes the cavalry.” Aftershock cheered as a streak of light slammed into Litterbug, the blow sending him skidding back into the wall. “You took your time.” She added as the Will O Wisp materialised before her.

“Sorry guys but look who I found.” Will O Wisp apologised as Scarecrow stepped out from the cell Litterbug had emerged from and clicked his neck. “Looks like he had a change of heart.”

“Nah I got lost like I told you.” Scarecrow hissed as he threw his pitchfork into Litterbug’s face. “And I got a new toy.” He added as he produced a massive scythe, its blade radiating a thick black mist. “And I wanted somebody to test it out on.” He added as Litterbug charged him. Vaulting over the enraged mutant’s blow Scarecrow slammed his scythe down into the thrall’s back, the blow causing Litterbug to scream in pain. Not wasting any time Aftershock streaked in and poured lightning into the same spot causing the mutant to scream in pain.

No Caption Provided

“I cast a curse of contaminant on thee.” Wirehead cackled as he summoned up hard light wires to restrain Litterbug. “Finish Him!!” He bellowed as Vassal charged in and ripped the pitchfork from the mutant’s face and jammed it into his torso. With a roar Litterbug kicked him away only for Gargouille to leap into the fray and slam her fist into the fork causing it to embed even deeper into the mutant’s stomach. With a groan Litterbug looked down at her before collapsing, the crowd going absolutely silent shocked at what they had just seen.

“That’s…that’s impossible.” Dragoness hissed. “You cheated!!”

”They may have cheated.” A voice from deeper in the box snarled. “But they won; I care little about their freedom but give me the money the house owes me.”

“I will not be threatened by you!!” Dragoness spat as the figure emerged and grabbed her by the throat. “My men will tear you apart Flag Smasher.”

“No they won’t.” Flag Smasher answered as he tore her wings off and threw them into the arena. “You have more thralls in your dungeons correct? Maybe I should throw you to them?”

“Take the wings as compensation.” Dragoness gulped. “My men will return your equipment and your sponsor will meet you in the foyer.”

“Anyone else feel like this was a test?” Aftershock asked as Gargouille picked up the artificial wings.

“Yeah but the answer is did we pass or fail?” Vassal answered.

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 13

@impurestcheese: All commission goes to the bail fund of General Coy after that beastly attack by American super humans:) Nice, very nice reference

Wirehead is pretty much the star of the show here. Kill the rest and give him a solo series

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By ImpurestCheese

@batkevin74: Can mention Madripoor without that coming up. As for a Wirehead solo...I wouldn't know where to begin. I'm not sure how I'd begin. Maybe by asking a certain Australian writer what excites him about the character (apart from the obscurity). Also just wait till you see his fight scene in Issue #6

Ahh I've got Wires in my Head.
Ahh I've got Wires in my Head.

TheDemoGoblin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By ImpurestCheese

@thedemogoblin: Just thought you might like to have a look. Jeez sorry I included you.

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@impurestcheese: Mainly coz he's digital Deadpool, to a degree. He's bat$#!t crazy because he thinks reality is a computer game and he's able to manipulate that. Plus didn't he hang out with a group, maybe they're kinda peeved he's gone solo and they want him dead. Guest star Deathlok and Crimson Dynamo and you've got a 3 part mini series.

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@batkevin74: Hmm never looked at him in that respect. And yes he worked with System Crash and Baron Strucker before this.

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By batkevin74
ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TheDemoGoblin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thedemogoblin: Oh okay. Good to know. What did you think of the story above

TheDemoGoblin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By TheDemoGoblin

@impurestcheese:

Since I'm a bit busy, I read the first couple paragraphs. I think your writing style and punctuation is really very greatly great. You use great words.

poze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers