Marvel Mayhem: Making The Game

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 13

This one shot is set up for something that is going to happen in the pages of Deadpool and Bullseye. It stands alone but will and does have links to several key parts of the mayhem universe. Enjoy and also stay tuned

1978, Weisman Institute

Five year old Jeremy Stevens walked around the playroom screaming and banging his head. His mother Chris looked at him through the glass, tears flooding down her face.

“What’s wrong with him?” she pleaded.

Dr Whilce Weisman looked at her “I’m not sure Mrs Stevens, but we’ll attempt to find out.”

1983, Weisman Institute

Dr Weisman put his palms flat together “I believe your son is psychic.”

“What?”

“Jeremy’s brain is receiving signals via telepathy. Now this may sound like mumbo jumbo and pseudo science Mrs Stevens but it is a burgeoning field of research.”

“Telepathy?” Mrs Stevens wiped her eyes with a tissue “Is there a cure?”

“You misunderstand, he’s extraordinary! I have contacted one of the experts in the field, a Charles Xavier, who will hopefully be able to help me make you son a functioning boy again and not the screaming banshee he is because of his powers.”

1990, Weisman Institute

“You’ve kept me in a cage for far too long Weisman!” growled Jeremy as he looked at Dr Weisman, held tight and aloft by the dozen inmates he’d “persuaded” to help him. “Every second of every hours of every day other people’s thoughts flood into my head! Without stopping! Six billion voices constantly simultaneously invading my thoughts! And all you did was pump me full of chemicals! Lock me in concrete rooms! You didn’t help me!”

No Caption Provided

“I tried!” screamed Dr Whilce Weisman as the other residents pummelled him.

-Jeremy-

Jeremy stopped and spun around “Who said that?”

-Jeremy, my name is Charles Xavier. I know you can hear me-

“I CAN HEAR EVERYONE!” screamed Jeremy bashing his temples like a drum as he did when he was five.

-That won’t help Jeremy. You just hurt yourself. You need to take a deep breath-

“Professor Charles Francis Xavier!” growled Jeremy “I can see your dream in your head!”

-I can help you Jeremy. But…-

“WHERE WERE YOU SEVEN YEARS AGO? ISRAEL? CHASING WOMEN! I NEEDED YOUR HELP!”

-Calm down Jeremy-

“DON’T TELL ME WHAT TO DO!”

-Jeremy, you’re an omnipath. I can help yo…-

“I can see all your secrets Charles! All those things you keep hidden from the world!”

-Jeremy, let me help you-

-NO!- Jeremy’s eyes rolled back in his head as he focused all his power on Charles –You had a chance and you were too busy!-

-Don’t fight me Jeremy-

-I’m not going to fight you! I’m going to erase your mind!-

1992 Ravencroft Institute For The Criminally Insane

Jeremy Stevens sat playing four games of chess. He watched the boards like a hawk as he swivelled in his chair. Jeremy had no idea how long he’d been here, all that matter was the game. And the game after this. And the game after that.

Charles Xavier stood on the astral plane and watched him. The young man he imprisoned inside a logic trap to help him live with his powers. Charles wasn’t proud of what he’d done to Jeremy; it was merely a temporary solution.Keeping Jeremy focused on a game ‘deafened’ the world around him. But after two years there were cracks appearing in the maze. Charles thought about reinforcing the locks on the prison he’d put Jeremy in but that put him in his own ethical dilemma. It was bad enough he got transported here but he did nearly kill Dr Weisman.

-I can see you Charles-

-Hello Jeremy. How are you?-

-Angry-

-I understand-

-No, I don’t think you do. I’ll get out soon. And I’ll get you! But I have enjoyed the games.-

-Well I am glad I have been of some assista…-

-Too little too late-

Charles slowly faded away leaving Jeremy to his games.

1999 Tampa Florida

Jeremy smiled as he watched the young man step off the chair and the rope pull tight. The omnipath’s mind for the briefest of seconds got a moment of clarity and total silence.

“What a fabulous game!” he cheered with childlike delight. “I must find others who wish to play”

2005 Desoto Annex Correctional Facility Florida

Jeremy looked up from his game of solitaire at the astral projection of Charles Xavier –Come to gloat?-

-Hello Jeremy. No, no I haven’t-

-They how about you leave me to my games-

-Last time I did that you and that gang…-

-The Upstarts. And no we weren’t a gang; we were a group of like minded individuals-

-You killed seventy people!-

-And I’ll do it again Charles! Anything to silence the noise. The games provide distraction for only so long.-

-If you let me help you. I have contact with several othe…-

-I know! You have no new information Charles; I can simply pull it from your head whenever I wish-

-Do not push me Jeremy-

-That is not my name any more. I am the Gamemaster!-

-I can help you Jeremy, if you let me-

-Then stop trying to stop me! Let me kill people! Let me get rid of the noise!-

-I can’t do that Jeremy-

2013 Fallen Angel

No Caption Provided

"Sorry Frenchie, you didn't make the list!" said John Greycrow better known as Scalphunter as he tapped the tablet screen "Better luck next month!"

"Comment est-ce possible?" remarked Roussel Dupont, the assassin better known as Rapido as he sniffed his red wine.

"I don't know. Stupid thing anyways!" Herman Schultz aka The Shocker, as he sipped his beer "This place sucks just quietly! I'd rather have a beer at the Pancake place."

"That place is crawling with heroes!" remarked John "And there was that whole explosion with the Hooded Haunt. And since the Scourge thing at the Bar With No Name and SHIELD crawling all over it, we gotta drink somewhere."

"J'ai entendu dire que les démons habitent les murs!" said Roussel as he tipped the wine onto the floor.

"HEY!" the voice ripped through the bar. All eyes turned to the publican pointing straight at Roussel. "YEAH YOU! The guy with the sling!"

No Caption Provided

"Moi?" Roussel pointed at himself, Herman tried to shrink into his beer.

"YEAH YOU, YOU CHEESE EATING SURRENDER MONKEY!" He grabbed a mop and threw it at his feet "CLEAN IT UP!"

Roussel's hand went towards his sling to activate his machinegun arm when John tapped him on the shoulder and gave him a stern look "Don't!"

The French assassin went to speak but upon noticing the scene that was starting, sighed and collected the mop. Slowly the bar returned to normal. Herman tapped the tablet "That chatty idiot is number one, someone ought to take him down a peg"

"Fighting him is like fighting Wolverine," said John as he watched the one armed killer attempt to mop the floor "Pointless! Unless you can actually kill him, the bastard just gets back up! Now where am I?"

Herman scrolled through the list "Twenty nine John, just above Razorfist and just belo..."

"I made the list!" crowed John with delight "That's all that matters!"

"Honestly this ranking system of killers and assassins," Herman finished his beer "Who judges it?"

John looked around before leaning in "Some mysterious dude called the Gamemaster. He uses FBI & SHIELD data plus news reports and other things. It’s only been going on for a few months but its taken off like a brushfire. See look at Zaran. After Seattle he's at eighteen!"

"Gamemaster?" scoffed Herman "Does he have the power of chess or something?"

No Caption Provided

"You're just sore you've never made the list"

"That's because I'm a bank robber not a killer!" seethed Herman between gritted teeth "All these lists and rankings do is creates problems." Herman stood up and tossed some money on the table "See you round John and watch your back."

"You too Herman"

Herman waited out front for a cab, thinking about the Gamemaster's list. The top thirty killers and assassins.

-And at number one...The Shocker. Nah, stick to what you know.-

A world away Gamesmaster sat in his chair watching multiple screens. This was a lovely new game and it kept Charles from sending his gang of blue & yellow wearing thugs to attempt to stop him, again! People who enjoyed killing killed, those who wanted to kill would do what they could to get on the list and all the while people died making it quieter for him.

Prisoner Transport on route to Seattle

Bullseye lay prone on the gurney. He was triple cuffed on each arm and leg and also shackled. A nurse came past to check his vitals. Upon seeing who it was she pulled a small piece of paper from her pocket.

“Rankings came out. After the Bridge you’re in fourth.” She whispered as she did her checks and left as the incapacitated killer fumed, unable to move.

"%^%$# YOU WADE!"

The end...for now

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 14

@batkevin74: Uh oh. Bullseye vs Deadpool. Love the villains and the Grandmaster intro. Maybe Rapido will go up on the list after he's finished work in Miami with Batroc ze Leaper.

wildvine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 50

#3 wildvine  Moderator

@batkevin74

What a fun new thing to reference. I wonder where Mad Jack ranks?

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@batkevin74: Who exactly is on that list?

Well we know that Deadpool is at 1, Bullseye at 4, Zaran at 18, Scalphunter is 29 and Razorfist is 30. Which is why I asked for killers & assassins names a while back. Full list coming soon and its monthly so it'll change meaning a lot of villains are going to step up to try and be on the list. The list means you can legitimately ask for high prices, its like bad Oscars :)

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers