Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By TommytheHitman

Earth, New York City, 1980

"No Luke... I AM your father!"

No Caption Provided

The words flooded Peter Quill's mind as he walked through the doors. A box of half eaten popcorn tucked under his left elbow. Under his right elbow was his mother's arm.

"Did you enjoy that film Jason?" She asked as she looked down at him. Peter smiled up at her.

"I loved it!" He said (almost yelling). "Do you think stuff like that happens in real life?" A smile crossed Pete's mother's face.

"Trust me Jason..." She said. They'd stopped walking and were staring directly at each other now. the other moviegoers brushing past them. "If anything like Star Trek-"

"Star Wars." Peter corrected.

"Star WARS ever happens in real life... you'll be the first to know." Peter gave her a puzzled look only for her to smile down at him. "Now let's go see Ma and Pa about those pancakes shall we?" She asked.

"Heck yeah!" Peter yelled as he started to sprint down the street. His stomach rumbling as he cast his box of popcorn aside.

"Oh Jason..." Peter's mother muttered with a smile. "You'll never hurt anyone..."

Now. Half a Billion Miles Away From Earth...

No Caption Provided

"RUN! RUN! RUN RUN!!!!!"

Starlord gritted his teeth as his hands gripped the handlebars used to control the ship. He jerked the sticks backwards towards him and sure enough the front nose of the ship lurched up into the sky... along with Starlord's stomach.

"ARE YOU EVEN TRYING?!" The wiry voice of Rocket Raccoon asked as he sat on Starlord's shoulder.

Starlord frowned as he glanced at Rocket. "Shut up!" He snapped. He looked at the view panel to see brief flickers of flame right next to the ship's hull. "Frack..." He muttered. Rocket gave him a confused look as Starlord reached for the ship's communicator. "Hey! D-Dude and Plantman! We're about to have company! Get to the hanger... thing! Gamora get to the cockpit! ...Now!" He switched the comm off.

"What the hell does Frack mean?!" Rocket yelled as jumped off Starlord's shoulder.

"What is the target's current position?" Gamora asked as the elevator door whirred open.

KLANG!

"Right on top of us!" Starlord yelled as the ship's scanner showed a red dot appearing on the side of the ship. "I need you two here in case he gets through Drax and Groot down in the hanger!"

Gamora smiled grimly as she unsheathed her sword. "If that monster even dares to show his face here, I shall cut it off!" Rocket stood up and pulled his dual blasters out.

"Or maybe cut it off if he doesn't!" He corrected.

About 15 meters below them...

"I AM GROOT!"

Drax the Destroyer frowned as he stared at the large talking tree stood before him.

"So you've said..." He muttered. "Over a thousand times now." He sighed. "It's starting to get tiresome."

"I am Groot?"

"Yes... yes you are."

KRANG!

Drax smiled as he pulled one of his knives from his belt. "He's here." Groot did nothing. "Perhaps you should prepare yourself for the battle?"

"I am Gr-"

CRASH!!!!!

The side of the ship blew up as a rocky hand smashed through. Drax gritted his teeth as he stabbed his knife into the ground as the air pressure started to suck them out. It would take a few seconds before the ship's shielding covered the hole up. He didn't have time to wonder how Groot was doing.

"You've stolen from us!"A voice yelled angrily as the shielding finally kicked in. "I want our tools back!"

Drax frowned as he stood up. The figure looked angrily into his eyes.

No Caption Provided

"I AM GROOT!"

"Silence. Your race was planning to mass produce an army of Nova powered Super Skrulls after your failed attack on Earth." Drax smiled. "You didn't think we'd just let you do that... did you?"

Super Skrull screamed in rage as his limb expanded towards Drax grabbing him by the waist. Drax held his dagger and stabbed it into the Skrull's arm and wedged it between the rocky skin. Kl'rt screamed once again as he tossed Drax aside before blocking a blow from Groot.

"This assault is a failure Skrull." Drax said as he picked himself up off the floor. "You can't possibly defeat the both of us!"

"You're right..."Super Skrull admitted. "I don't have to defeat both of you!"Before Drax could react Super Skrull grabbed him once again and raised him into the air.

"I AM GROOT!"

"Say hello to the vacuum of space!"The Skrull laughed as he tossed Drax out of the hole in the ship. Drax frowned as he was sucked through the energy shield and was pulled deep into space.

"Now then... your turn?!"Kl'rt said towards Groot with a cackle.

"I AM GROOT!" Groot yelled angrily as he charged towards the Skrull.

CRASH!!

"WHAT THE HELL WAS THAT?!" Starlord yelled as the entire ship shook. He looked around anxiously.

"Looks like the Skrull's burst through our... defenses." Rocket muttered as he aimed his gun towards the elevator door. Gamora nodded with a frown. Her sword pointed in a defensive posture.

"He'll be here any minute." Gamora agreed. "Quill I recommend you forward those Skrull plans to Xandar. Now."

Starlord sighed as he tapped onto the ship's virtual keyboard. "Probably not the best thing to steal right guys?" He asked. "I'm sure Groot and Drax can..." He stopped as he saw the body of Drax fly past the cockpit window. "...should we go help him?" Starlord asked.

"He'll be fine!"Rocket yelled as the sounds of battle below the ship became louder.

"Focus on the battle. Not the horizon." Gamora answered.

Starlord opened his mouth to speak only to pause when something blipped on the ship's radar.

"Don't wanna keep an eye on THAT horizon..." He muttered as he stared in disbelief at the massive ship that had suddenly appeared in front of them.

No Caption Provided

Rocket's ears twitched as he stared at the Kree Warship that had just pulled out of hyperspeed.

"...Frack..." He muttered.

To be continued...

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#3  Edited By ImpurestCheese

@tommythehitman: After two mentions Kl'rt finally appears although I wonder where Ms. Marvel ended up? Wonder what you're 'A-Holes' have in store for them. My guess...

...something blue :-)
...something blue :-)

TommytheHitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

TommytheHitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

wildvine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 50

#7 wildvine  Moderator

Not sure how i feel about this. have to wait for part 2.

Avatar image for thespiritstalker
TheSpiritStalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

I likey. Though I have never read a Guardians comic, it looks like you have portrayed the characters well. Plus SS is in it which is awesome. You have great storytelling abilities which will only get better with time.

TommytheHitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 79

User Lists: 3

Awesome chapter so far! Even though I have never read any Guardians of the Galaxy comics, this chapter definitely makes me want to check the series out!

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 13

@tommythehitman: "I loved it!" He said (almost yelling). No need for the brackets

Honestly, I know there's a movie on route but I couldn't give a (rude word) about the Guardians of the Galaxy! It's not your writing Tommy I just don't care for a raccoon, a talking tree, a Hulk but not Hulk and some dude who use to hang out with Captain America in the 90's. I hope Super Skrull kills them all!

TommytheHitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for themanintheshoe
TheManInTheShoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 17

@tommythehitman: I, on the other hand, do not share Batkevin's hate. In fact I love these characters. They are some of my biggest inspirational sources when I write my comic book scripts (which are mostly sci-fi based)

Well done here!