Marvel Mayhem: Bullseye #10 "Ker-Boom!"

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 13

More Mayhem can be found here:http://www.comicvine.com/forums/fan-fic-8/marvel-mayhem-library-1459473/#92

Continues from: http://www.comicvine.com/forums/fan-fic-8/marvel-mayhem-bullseye-9-1529669/#15

The phone rang. Bullseye’s hand snatched up the phone.

“Good morning Mr Lester. This is your wakeup call”

He dropped the phone back down, got out of bed and strode to the window. He gazed at the city that was totally unaware what was about to happen in a few hours. He smiled and headed to the shower.

“Ready?”

No Caption Provided

“Yeah” mumbled a tired Hoopsnake down the end of the phone.

“Hey circus freak!” yelled Bullseye “You with me? Or am I going to have to make you into a belt?”

“Y-yes sir”

“Good because after I hang up this is live. You screw up your part and I will do things to you that would make Scourge vomit!”

“Yes sir!”

Bullseye hung up the phone and tossed it into the sewer.

No Caption Provided

“This is Trish Tilby reporting live for SNN. I am here on the George Washington Bridge where a Roxxon tanker has jack-knifed across four lanes and tipped, and as you can see the traffic is building up here on New York’s busiest bridge. Several other minor accidents have added to the early morning congestion but luckily the lower level of the bridge is running relatively smoothly.”

Trish looked down at her Ipad “Not a good day for commuters today. Very early reports of an armoured car smashing into oncoming traffic on the Fort Lee side and a…well snake man running amok. We’ll bring you more as these events unfold”

The camera went out as Trish looked at her producer, pointing at the entry on her screen “A snake man? Are getting news tips from kids or something? Can we actually report the news instead of reading Twitter?”

No Caption Provided

Bullseye looked at his watch from his illegally parked van. It was 8.01. The traffic had built up nicely as had people’s tempers, the cacophony of horns and swearing. He noticed a police officer approaching in his side view mirror.

“Show time!” Bullseye stepped out of the van, drew a pistol and fired killing the officer before he even knew what was going on. Bullseye fired five more shots into the air and watched the crowd panic.

“%^$& sheep!” he chuckled as he clicked open the detonator and pushed the red button.

No Caption Provided

The tanker exploded showering the area in flames and Antarctic Vibranium. The anti-metal chewed through cars, lamp posts, and steel support columns like a shark on a frenzy. People hit with it also burnt as the liquid was highly acidic and preyed on metal, melting into the base metals that humans are made of. The bridge groaned and shuddered and squealed as it lurched. Bullseye smiled as he watched the horror and sprayed the area randomly with a clip from an Uzi, mainly for terror purposes than actual kills.

“What the…” Trish bit her tongue; years of being live on camera had taught her that. She got to her feet “Are you rolling? This is Trish Tilby for SNN.I am here at the George Washington Bridge and oh god!” She dove for cover as bullets whizzed in her direction.

Enid, Oklahoma

Thor looked at the television screen as he stood in the machine shed. The camera was on its side still rolling. In the distance a familiar pair of white boots and black pants.

“Bullseye!” snarled Thor recalling his battle with the demon infused assassin. “Base villain!”

“You best be going.” Steve Holden put a hand on Thor’s shoulder “That looks a right mess!”

“I thank thee for letting me gather my thoughts.” The Thunder god took Steve’s hand “The son of Odin is eternally in your debt.”

“Glad to have you round.”

Thor stepped outside and unclipped Mjolnir from his belt, spinning the ancient mallet like a centrifuge before hurling it into the air

Hoopsnake grabbed a hysterical passerby and bit them on the neck. It wasn’t his idea; he wasn’t even venomous or have fangs. But he knew to stick with the plan. The woman screamed as he tossed her aside and gulped another swig of the washing detergent solution that made it look like he had rabies. So far it was all working. He crashed the armoured car on the under level making the bridge virtually stop, got out and started biting people.

“Rarrrr!” yelled Hoopsnake as he spooked some more people. It was quite fun. The he saw the bridge lurch. “Jesus!”

No Caption Provided

Hoopsnake watched the iconic bridge start crumbling on the Manhattan side and was shocked at the sight. Suddenly a blue energy beam hit him and sent him flying across the street.

“Everyone stay back!” barked the man in the white and blue costume wielding a staff.

“Who the hell are you?” growled Hoopsnake as he peeled himself out of a car.

“Cardiac!” snarled the vigilante as his energy pulsed on the ends of his staff “I suggest you surrender.”

Hoopsnake thought back on what Bullseye had said, “Make me!”

A smile cracked across Cardiac’s lips “Very well, you were warned!”

One Police Plaza

Code: Blue were in their van and off, on route to the bridge as soon as the klaxon had sounded. Nearly every other officer had been put on alert as well. Harry the desk clerk was a machine fielding questions, phones and people as the station was a hive of hyperactivity.

“Is your guy locked in his cell?” barked Harry as Dallas and Molly headed to the motor pool.

“Who Jeff the crier?” laughed Dallas “He’s a suspect is all, isn’t he?”

“Not under arrest yet!” added Molly “But don’t let him leave!”

No Caption Provided

“Stop evil doer!”

Bullseye looked up at the winged man in black and red above him “Who the $%^# are you suppose to be?”

“I am Mosquito Man!”

Bullseye gave his eyebrow a light scratch with his sai “In this city, with ALL the super heroes in it and YOU are the first one on scene?”

Mosquito Man smiled “Impressed huh?”

Bullseye snorted and sprayed the flying man with a volley from the Uzi. Bullets ripped through him and the man bitten by a radioactive mosquito plunged to the ground and slammed into it head first. Bullseye walked over reloading.

“Spider-Man I get. Ant-Man I can tolerate. But Mosquito Man?” Bullseye sprayed him with another close range burst “That’s just dumb!”

The George Washington Bridge cracked and dropped eight feet, the sound of steel ripping reverberated across the city.

Hoopsnake slithered around the energy bursts as Cardiac blasted away at him. He was way out of his depth but the fear of Bullseye kept him there despite being outmatched, outgunned and outmanoeuvred.

No Caption Provided

Code: Blue arrived at the back of the traffic jam; Lt Stone stepped out of the van and took charge “Jackson, Ruiz! Up front! Rassitano up on the van eyes and ears! Rage!”

“Yo!”

“Clear us a path!”

Rage grinned and grabbed a car by the bumper, lifting it up over his head and tossed it into the river as Molly and Dallas pulled up.

“Where do want us?” asked Dallas. She was Stone’s biggest fan but he was a proven situation commander.

“Crowd control! All these people need to be out and back!”

Bullseye laughed as the Antarctic Vibranium did its job eating through the steel struts, liquefying cars as the bridge crumbled under the weight of the cars. He caught glimpses of energy flashed on the other side of the river.

“If the X-Men are fighting Hoopsnake,” growled Bullseye as he watched a car sail overhead “Well looks like some super people FINALLY showed up for an @$$kicking!”

Bullseye followed the path of the car and spotted a dot on the horizon “Oooo now we’re talking!”

Hoopsnake slammed into another wall as his tail spasmed from the volley of energy.

“Stay down!” ordered Cardiac. “I don’t wish to but I will kill you!”

Jackson and Ruiz got up to where Bullseye was essentially holding court. The body of Mosquito Man lay bleeding in the street.

“NYPD! FREEZE!” yelled Ruiz.

“Has anyone ever?” asked Bullseye as he fired upon her. She took cover behind a car as Jackson fired a canister at Bullseye. The talented criminal kicked the metal tube over at Ruiz and she was coated in the cloud of mace meant for him. “Why don’t you kids go play and let the grownups do some fighting!”

He threw a sai which Jackson caught. Bullseye stopped “We got ourselves a ninja! Well kid, we’ve got about three minutes. Let’s see what you got?”

No Caption Provided

He flipped over towards Jackson and unleashed a kick. Jackson ducked and went for a leg sweep which Bullseye easily jumped and slammed both knees into Andrew’s temple knocking him out. Bullseye pulled his gun out to deliver the coup de grâcewhen the hair on the back of his neck stood up.

“You’re early goldilocks!” quipped Bullseye as he turned and fired on Thor who landed with thunder and lightning accompaniment. The thunder god raised his hammer blocking the bullets aimed at his face.

“I shall deal with thee properly!” stated Thor as he spun his hammer.

Bullseye smiled, pointed at him with the detonator “You talk funny.” He clicked it and several cars near the base of both sides of the bridge exploded. “Got yourself a dilemma big guy! Save the bridge or fight me.” Bullseye drew his sais and gave them a spin.

“I hope you choose me!”

To be concluded...

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 14

#2  Edited By ImpurestCheese

@batkevin74: Wow talk about Ka Boom. Definitely something to reference in the next Issue of whatever is in New York. I wonder who if anyone is getting off of that bridge.

Irishlad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By Irishlad

It's stories like this where I wish I could simply say HOLY CRAP DUDE THAT WAS THE MOST AWESOMEST THINGS EVERZ I WANTZ MORE!

But I like giving feedback xD...

What I liked: The action in this was damn entertaining, I usually zone out when ever reading action but there is so much that happens that there was never a dull moment.

Bullseye is at his finest and it kind of captures what makes this series so great which is you're rooting for the bad guy which is something we don't even see in comics all that much.

What I kinda disliked: As I say every time I hate nitpicking since I genuinely enjoyed this.

I understand Bullseye has been planning this for a while, but I felt that sometimes both he and particularly Hoopsnake skipped through relatively too easy. I know Lester is on the crazy side of things but he had no way of really anticipating who would show up, like for example what would have happened if The Avengers showed up with Thor or...what if someone like The Punisher showed up instead of Cardiac. It's true that would in a sense slow down the fast paced epic action but still....(please don't hate me xD)

Finally: HOLY CRAP THAT ENDING!

No Caption Provided

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@irishlad: Well I think Hoopsnake would have an easier time Vs Punisher than Cardiac. Also he is there purely as a diversion to block the bridge.

As for who shows up, well the Avengers may well show up, possibly even a Spider-Man. I think if ALL the Avengers showed up Lester would've run to the bridge and then detonated, he has planned and plotted for a while on this notice his disappointment with Mosquito Man.

Yeah that ending is pure comic book "wait til next issue" splash page!

@impurestcheese:Glad you liked it. I kinda put this as the next day after VT4 so Jeff's still in lock up

@TommytheHitman Hey, is Night Thrasher the only NW not in Hell?

TommytheHitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By TommytheHitman

@batkevin74: Night Thrasher and Prodigy! Have to admit I've never heard of Mosquito Man before but the whole issue was pretty coolio!

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TommytheHitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@batkevin74: Yeah sure. I've been kicked from the group apparently anyway.

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By batkevin74

What? Since when? Over what?

TommytheHitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@batkevin74: Can't get on the PM anymore. That doesn't mean I've been kicked now that I think about it but none of the Warriors are in that locked character list Cheese created a few weeks back.

TommytheHitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@batkevin74: Oh! And if you do use them I'd prefer if you didn't get the Warriors out of hell. Just have Bullseye strand them there or something. Prodigy has ditched the team for the Slingers. Night Thrasher is being arrested for murder and Iron Man is having "words" with Miriam Sharpe.

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By batkevin74

@tommythehitman: Well you may have accidentally dropped off the pm, it happens, I did it on Corrupted twice! As for the list, cheese has a lot to do so some things do take time. There is talk of a revamped PM due to inactive members.

TommytheHitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Irishlad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@TommytheHitman We spoke about this we tried adding you back in but technical difficulties and all that, you are still part of the group xD

Irishlad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Irishlad
gumflabica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

This is "Er-Mazing!"

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By ImpurestCheese

@batkevin74: You may have brought the bang but I'm bringing the burn

@tommythehitman: Yeah something strange has happened. On the actual PM you're stated as being there. Weird.

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@batkevin74: Wow I got this eight hours late. The burn is already smoking away in Deadly Foes of Spiderman. You may even recognise one of the villains. :-)

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By batkevin74
ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

wildvine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 50

#21  Edited By wildvine  Moderator

@batkevin74

I am a little confused. I thought Mosquito Man was a robot? I have to admit this took away from my overall enjoyment. I like the other characters, and the visual of Hoopsnake acting rapid to scare people, and the story itself.

Edit: I retract my original complaint. Well done Bats.

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wildvine: That's Mosquitor. What you saw on the Legion of the Unliving was a stand in since Mosquito Man doesn't have his own page. Your confusion is understandable though. :-)

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wildvine: This is Mosquito Man http://marvel.wikia.com/Mosquito_Man_%28Earth-616%29

Sorry about the confusion but he's literally had one appearance in the Marvel U....bout the same for his Mayhem MU time! :)

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reference bump