ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 14

#1  Edited By ImpurestCheese

Marvel Mayhem: Avengers/Villain's Tale #2 - Two Opposing Forces

All characters are owned by Marvel Comics save for the Wrecker Impersonator. She is available for use by any member of Marvel Mayhem. Use, abuse and otherwise have fun with her.

Want some more Marvel Mayhem. Try checking out the Library and the Group's Facebook Page

Missed Last Issue? Catch up Here

Avengers Mansion

Steve Rogers breathed a sigh of relief as he returned home to Avengers Mansion, its walls still bearing the scars of the Squadron Supreme’s attack from last week. And while that sigh of relief was usually enough to lift his spirits, it had failed to do that for the past week. Hyperion’s final words in that battle still sounded as loud as life to him.

“You are like me Captain. You are the symbol that your men rally behind, that all men rally behind.” The words echoed. “And their pleas for help will overwhelm you if you answer even just one.”

Steve shook his head and walked straight into Jarvis, the aged Avengers butler spilling the glass of orange juice all over the floor and Steve’s coat and shirt.

No Caption Provided

“I am so sorry sir.” Jarvis apologised as he bent down and picked up the glass. “I will get you a moist towel to clean Miss Darkholme’s juice off you.”

“No need Jarvis I can do it myself.” Steve answered as he helped Jarvis send up straight. “I see your back is playing up again.”

“Yes it seems apt that it should happen today of all days.” Jarvis croaked. “It has been seven years to the day since Baron Zemo and his rabble broke in here and defiled the mansion. Seven years since that brute Mr Hyde crippled me; I still see his face when I dream although it has been six years since it has held any terror for me. But I digress, how was your meeting sir?”

“Not good but I doubt anything will happen because of it.” Steve told him. “Still next time you or the other members of the support team have a moment, can you check the security on vault H-WWII/78. I fear someone may make a play for one of the artefacts inside.”

”I will see to it by the end of the day.” Jarvis stated proudly as emergency sirens sounded and emergency lighting flashed. “Good Heavens! One thing I will never get used to is the emergency alarm!” He exclaimed as Steve walked over to the intercom on the wall.

“Sam what is it?” Steve asked.

“We've got a confirmed sighting of the Growing Man on the campus of an agricultural college in Colorado.” Sam replied. “And you know what its presence may mean.”

“That Kang the Conqueror is back.” Steve growled. “Alright Avengers Assemble, if it is Kang then we need to act fast. Time is not a luxury we have when he’s around.”

Wraithwitch's Apartment, Greenwich

Overrider removed the welding goggles and stroked his chin with his left hand, the mouths in has palms stirring slightly as with his remaining hand he put the arc welder down. He was worried about Jeff’s plan despite the man being a rocket scientist and when the time called for it, a tactical genius.

“Overrider how long till the facsimile is up and running?” Spectre asked as she popped her head into the room. “The crowd is getting ugly..er. Much longer and literal heads will roll with this bunch.”

“It won't be long now.” A female voice stated from the construct that Overrider was working. “As you can see all Richard has to do is swap over the vocal modulator and equip me with the correct attire and I will be ready.”

No Caption Provided

“A little quieter Brass.” Spectre hissed. “These guys are idiots but they aren't dumb. Jeff, Wraithwitch and I will stall them for a few more minutes but after that we can't promise anything.” She stated before phasing back into the next room, leaving Brass and Overrider alone.

“I still can’t believe you suggested this.” Richard moaned. “This is not a good move Morgan.”

“I know.” Brass answered. “But neither was inserting my brain wave patterns into a robotic body.” She added. “Besides Jeff cared enough to salvage me when he could have run. For that and his devotion to Rachel he gets my support.”

“This new body though. We just got rid of the last thing that looked like this.” Overrider complained. “Besides Silver and Green are not your colours, not really.”

“They are now.” Brass said calmly. “For the first time since my death I feel alive, feel like I'm human and now that I do…I'm never going to go back to that cold rusty shell that was my body.”

“What’s taking the guy so long?” The man standing behind 8-Ball whispered to an imposing man clutching a set of bolas. “He never used to take this long.”

“No idea Backlash.” The bolas wielder answered. “But given his reputation I think the guy can afford to get away with it.”

“Rock Python is correct.” A grim looking man wearing a cape added. “Still it is curious that he would choose the home of the reject sport’s mascot to meet in.” He added as the three villains surrounded 8-Ball, the grim speaker pushing his face in close. “Tell us why the good Doctor chose your crib to assemble his Lethal Legion.”

“For starters Blackwing,” 8-Ball sighed, “this isn't my apartment. Secondly get your face out of mine before I try something stupid.” Before he could finish Blackwing lashed out with his tonfa, knocking 8-Ball to the floor and sending him skidding to where a group of four men were knocking back some beers.

“Well lookee here boys.” A massive dark skinned man wearing nothing but a pair of orange trousers and a wife beater vest grunted. “Looks like the smallest fish just swam up to see us.”

No Caption Provided

“So says Masterlink, failed leader of the Chain Gang.” Spectre purred as she walked over to the gang of men. “And we have Pickaxe and Piledriver’s runt as well. Who do you think you are the new Wrecking Crew?”

”That’s exactly who we are.” A gruff male sounding voice stated, a crowbar held in his hand while his face was hidden by the shadows thrown around the room. “Now the pair of you step off or face the fury of the Wrecker.” Spectre rolled her eyes before something moved behind the Wrecker before pushing him into the light. Blinking twice 8-Ball snorted as he saw the figure in front of him, dressed in a high-visibility jacket and skirt was a Latino woman wearing a voice synthesiser over her mouth. Angrily she swung the crowbar at the figure behind her only for Wraithwitch to rip the tool out of her hand and throw it to the floor.

“And I thought the Butterfly was the lamest guy here.” 8-Ball snorted as he pointed to the man dressed in a gaudy costume talking to a man modifying the mixture of a chemical tank.

“It’s Tiger Moth now!!” The former Butterfly snapped. “I almost killed Captain America once.”

“Who hasn’t almost killed that man?” Backlash hissed as he shot a glance at the red robed figure standing in the corner. “Me, Blackwing and the Crimson Cowl are the only real villains here. The rest of you are thugs and list junkies. Why our employer hired you I don't know?”

“I could answer that.” A grating mechanical voice stated as the door flew open to reveal a hooded figure standing in the doorway. “But Doom does not have to answer to his minions, least of all you. Do your assigned tasks and you will be rewarded handsomely.”

“So what exactly do you need us to do?” The largest of the hired mercenaries asked.

“Ah Minion Behemoth, the task I need you to do is simple, so simple that even cretins and fools such as you can comprehend it.” Doctor Doom stated. “I need you to kill the Avengers.”

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for the_impersonator
The Impersonator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 50

@impurestcheese:

All characters are owned by Marvel Comics save for the Wrecker Impersonator. She is available for use by any member of Marvel Mayhem. Use, abuse and otherwise have fun with her.

Really? A Wrecker? Wow. That's the first time I've ever heard from another fan-ficker. Jeez, I was just joking. You don't have to take it seriously.

The Impersonator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@impurestcheese: You know what? If you have a problem with me and my jokes, I won't bother reading your stories or commenting on them. How's that sound? I'm not even abusing you and your stories. It was just a joke. That's it.

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_impersonator: Sorry about the late reply it's been night over here in Europe when you sent your comment. Ah no basically that's what I say about all my disposable OCs. It has nothing against you, just that her name is the Wrecker Impersonator. The original is MIA.

The Impersonator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_impersonator: Sorry about the late reply it's been night over here in Europe when you sent your comment. Ah no basically that's what I say about all my disposable OCs. It has nothing against you, just that her name is the Wrecker Impersonator. The original is MIA.

Oh...I'm truly sorry about what I've said. I have misread it. I should have read further before I said anything. Thanks for the clarification.

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

wildvine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#9 wildvine  Moderator

@impurestcheese

My fave line was the bit about everyone having "almost" killed Cap at some point.

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

wildvine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#11 wildvine  Moderator
ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By ImpurestCheese

@wildvine: Fabuloso

Hooded Haunt: Why am I not in this story?
Hooded Haunt: Why am I not in this story?