Marvel Mayhem: Avengers Academy #5

YoungJustice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

“Okay, everything is set up. Is everyone ready?” Quake asked her fellow heroes as they prepared to go back in time.

Reptil walked up to her, “There is one thing I must give to you all before you we leave.” He grabbed 4 Avengers ID cards from his pocket. “You being promoted, don’t let us down.”

Quake smiled as she was given her ID card, “Let’s go.”

They walked the portal, suddenly the room turned white and within seconds they were standing in the middle of Times Square, across the street a young Hazmat, Mettle, and Finesse chased after Jeremy Briggs.

Hazmat almost immediately ran toward them, but Nikki held her back.

Hazmat pushed her out of the way, “What are you doing, we have to help them before Finesse dies!”

Quake smiled, “I made a mistake last time, I won’t now.” Ravonna then threw a robotic bug on her, which quickly spread against Hazmat’s suit, covering it in a titanium shell.

Quake looked at Mettle and Reptil, who both lay on the ground, infused with deadly chemicals that would kill them within hours. Reptil looked at Quake and strained words out, “Why…why are you doing this?”

“What can I say; I’m a daddy’s girl.” She replied as ran toward the young Mettle as he faced down with Briggs.

Mettle stood in front of him and threw him against a brick wall, “Son of a bi-!”

Briggs quickly pulled out a button, “Hit me and I will detonate the bombs right now!”

Before Mettle could do anything, Quake ran behind Mettle and jumped on his head, flipping him over and flattening him onto the ground. Hazmat ran to aid her boyfriend, but Two Gun Kid, Nikki, and Ravonna blocked her path.

Ravonna threw a stun grenade toward her to blind her, while Two Gun Kid shot her in her chest two times, with Nikki touching her, burning her alive.

Mettle fought valiantly against Quake, throwing fire hydrants and pieces of concrete at her. Any hit that he landed on her launched her feet away, but Quake was determined to kill him. She threw several carefully directed seismic waves at him, making him tremble, but they weren’t strong enough to hurt him. Briggs sat on the sidelines the entire time, eagerly seeing who would win the brawl. Ravonna tried to help Quake, but she was quickly responded with, “No! He is my kill!” as ran on the side of a building and dropped down with her fist smashing the ground, making the nearby area have a minor earthquake. Quake became desperate as Mettle seemed to barely even be harmed by her attacks, she made the building behind him explode, launching him toward her, but she charged a seismic blast in her hand and threw it at him, making him fly miles in the other direction.

Tired and annoyed, she created a seismic wave under her, launching her in his direction, creating another earthquake when she hit the ground. She walked toward Mettle, who attempted to get up from the ground, but was too weak to actually complete the motion. Quake smiled and looked at him, “You put up a good fight.” She then pushed his torso back onto the ground and placed her hand where his heart was, Mettle cried in pain as she made his heart explode inside of his body.

Behind her, the voice of a young Veil shouted, “Ken!” Young Reptil ran behind her as they rushed toward Mettle’s dead body. Quake pointed her hand at the ground under Mettle and made it crumble, engulfing his body with rubble.

Veil became enraged and turned into a poison that came rushing at Quake, but before she could get to her Briggs interfered and turned Veil into water, she then quickly turned into her human form. Reptil however turned his hands into claws and came running at Briggs, but before he even got to him Quake made his head start to explode. Reptil cried as he fell to the ground, you could hear his brain burst when it did.

Veil cried harder than ever before, she was the only one left. She knew that she would stand no chance against the duo, so she quickly turned into dust and flew away.

Quake smiled, although she was bruised and her costume was ruined, “How did I do?”

Briggs grinned, “Excellent.”

10 Minutes Later

Veil arrived at the Infinite Mansion, seeing that it was almost completely destroyed. Titana and the Absorbing Man were gone, but the Avengers still were on the ground, dead.

Veil walked past through the Mansion, the first one she saw was Tigra, her head was sitting against the wall, halfway cracked. She then saw Justice, who was lying on the floor; his stomach was punched clean through. Pym looked like he died protecting Justice, as he wasn't far away from Justice and his hand was reaching toward him. Speedball’s blood dripped from the roof as his feet hung from a piece of the ceiling that hadn't been destroyed. The only one who survived was Quicksilver, who was leaning against the staircase, his stomach was bleeding a bit, but it looked like he would live. Veil lifted him up and put his hand around her neck. Pietro looked at her oddly, “What happened to the others?”

Veil tried to keep her composure in front of him, but she couldn't anymore, she burst into tears “Avengers Academy is dead. Striker, Reptil, Hazmat, and Mettle…they all are dead.”

Quicksilver lifted himself from her and hugged her tightly, “As long as I am here, no it isn’t.”

In Memorial

No Caption Provided

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

Heads Up your about to be unpopular with the locals for killing Pym and Justice. Nice update and damn you for giving me stuff to add to the Legion of the Unliving. A few typos but nothing a proofread won't fix. Just beware the wrath of @tommythehitman and @themanintheshoe

TommytheHitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By TommytheHitman

WHAT?!!!!!

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 13

@youngjustice: What just happened? You killed the entire team...right...okay I'm lost.

YoungJustice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@batkevin74: The next issue is likely to clear things up, but yeah, I killed all but two (Veil and Quicksilver), but with the addition of Damian Hellstorm, Wiz Kid, Butterball, and Justpn Seyfert in the next issue, no one is just "dead".