Marvel Mayhem: Avengers Academy #3

YoungJustice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

Recently on Avengers Academy:

After the villain Norman Osborn captured several teens and experimented on them, after the Avengers saved them, they were encountered by fellow captive and business mogul Jeremy Briggs. During a night out with Briggs, a future Reptil told them that Briggs would eventually kill most of the team.

No Caption Provided

____

6 Month’s Later

Tigra stormed into the Infinite Mansion’s Briefing Room, “Please tell me you’re just a sick person and that you were joking.”

Finesse turned around to see Tigra, Hank Pym, Speedball, Justice, and Quicksilver facing her, “Unfortunately not. I detected 5 different radiation spikes in the last hour; I hacked into the surrounding security cameras and saw Briggs, Titana, and the Absorbing Man setting up nukes. Even worse, they go off in 5 hours, this was 3 hours ago.”

Hank yelled, “Why are you just telling us about this!”

Finnese put her head down, “Because you’d try to stop us.”

Quicksilver walked up to her and reached his hand out to her, but when he touched her hand, his went straight through, “I knew it. They’re gonna go after Briggs themselves.”

Suddenly, a female voice was heard across the hallway, “While you deal with us. I must admit, those kids are pretty good.” Titana smiled while she looked towards the Absorbing Man, who was standing right next to her.

“I’ll take Pym; you can handle the rest, right?” Absorbing Man smirked.

Titana ran towards Justice and Speedball while Absorbing Man ran towards Pym.

Upstate New York

No Caption Provided

“I see Briggs, should I go after him?” Veil whispered through her com-link.

Finesse quickly replied, “No. Wait for-.” A bullet being fired was heard through her com, “What the hell is going on.”

All you could hear was Veil yelling, “Oh my god, Striker. Help! Please, my friends been shot!”

Reptil gasped, “Everyone to Veil, now!”

2 Minutes Later

“Veil, go to the American Apparel and get a wool sweater, I’m going to need something to keep him warm and stitch this up with. Everyone else, get Briggs.”

Striker mumbled as he attempted to speak, “R…Reptil.”

“Yes?”

“Tell..tell Veil….I think she’s hot in that costume.” Striker smiled as his blood slowly spilled out of his body, Reptil shook his head while he hugged his best friend.

Infinite Mansion

No Caption Provided

“Justice, we’ll hold off them, you find the ki-!” Absorbing Man leaped onto Pym and threw him outside.

Tigra, Speedball, and Quicksilver tried to fight off Titana, but she was stronger than ever, she ran circles around quicksilver while she tossed Speedball around like a ragdoll. Any wound that Tigra's claws created just patched itself back together. Justice was about to leave to save the kids, but he saw that the others were being destroyed in battle, he sighed “Let’s hope we trained them well.” He ran to help his teammates in battle.

Downtown New York

Hazmat, Finesse, and Mettle were hot on Brigg’s tail; it was only 20 minutes until the bombs would explode, they needed to get to him quick.

Hazmat yelled at Mettle, who was on top of a rooftop directly in front of Briggs’ limo, “Now!”

Mettle jumped onto the ground from the rooftop, making the nearby ground ripple in a shockwave, all the cars stopped. Finesse and Hazmat quickly ran towards Jeremy’s limo and cornered him; Finesse grabbed him and bashed his face against the hood, “Bomb locations, now.”

Briggs laughed, “No way in hell.” He ripped the windshield wiper off of the car and turned it into a metal stick; he stuck it into her stomach and quickly threw it at Hazmat so that he could run. Before he could get away, Mettle stood in front of him and threw him against a brick wall, “Son of a bi-!”

Briggs quickly pulled out a button, “Hit me and I will detonate the bombs right now!” Mettle was still about to smash his face into the pavement, but he couldn’t, he wouldn’t be responsible for the deaths of any amount of people.

He put Briggs down and stepped away, but Briggs just laughed, “Thanks.” He held the button up and pressed it, behind them a large explosion was heard. Briggs smiled, “Toodaloo!” He pushed down on his belt buckle and he vanished in thin air. Mettle dropped to his knees, “Dammit! I’m so stupid….I’m sorry…I’m so sorry.” Hazmat came to his side, took her mask off, and kissed him and she cried, “We’re going to find him. I promise.”

No Caption Provided

jatoe48er

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 13

Bumped

Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 79

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By Rabbitearsblog

Awesome chapter! So, Briggs did betrayed them!