ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 14

Marvel Mayhem: 8-Ball and Diamondback #4

Missed Last Issue? Check it out here!

“And another thing Hagees, not only am I charging you for Grand Theft Auto, but I am also arresting the pair of you for the abduction of a federal agent.” Khanata stated, just as a Jeep emblazoned with the BAD Girls logo pulled up next to the Lamborghini surrounded by yellow crime scene tape.

“Oh come on!” Jeff sighed, just as Rachel slipped out of the front passenger seat and limped over to them. “I saved you from those guys.”

“Excuse me Agent Khanata, may I speak to my husband.” Rachel asked the SHIELD agent in a sweet voice, albeit one that had a touch of malice to it. “I need to ask him how his day was.” She added, as she grabbed Jeff by the shoulder and pulled him inside the building.

“What was that about?” Khanata asked, as Spectre and Amazon walked up to where he was standing.

Stomping into the gym, Rachel let go of Jeff before locking the door behind them and removing a pair of throwing knives. “So I was ambushed by a hired assassin today, he had some very interesting things to say.” She added, as Jeff reached for a bo-staff hung on the wall.

No Caption Provided

“Are you okay?” Jeff asked, as he dropped into a defensive stance. “Who was the assassin?” He asked as Rachel sprinted towards him only for her husband to dodge left before spinning the staff low sending her stumbling forwards a few steps.

“I’m painful and it was Frank Oliver, the former Kangaroo and current Crocodile Dundee Wannabe.” Rachel replied, as she spun round and leapt at Jeff, the kick colliding with his staff and sending him crashing onto his back.

“You know they export over a billion dollars of resources and machinery every year right.” Jeff grunted, as Rachel landed on his chest and pinned him to the floor. “They get tetchy over the whole Paul Hogan thing.” He added, as he kissed her on the lips before pushing upwards with his feet and staff, eventually getting an opening to escape from his wife’s hold. “Still don’t know what I’ve done wrong. I mean I got attacked today too, Count Nefaria ambushed Richard and me at the meeting.”

“Please tell me you didn’t sell a rocket to Nefaria!” Rachel snapped, as she blocked a swipe with the bo-staff with her crossed hands, before wrapping them around the weapon.

“Of course not.” Jeff snorted, as Rachel pulled him forward and elbowed him in the chest winding him. “I have better things to do.” He groaned as he released the staff and took a few steps back “How is an assassination my fault?”

“You said no to Count Nefaria…” Rachel gasped as she aimed a snap-kick at Jeff, the blow knocking him back to the floor “And Oliver was working for him. What have you done! You’ve kicked a hornet’s nest Jeff.”

“It seems so, what’s the score again?” Jeff groaned, as Rachel helped him to his feet, before the pair of them walked over to the chalkboard mounted next to the door. “Of course.” He moaned as Rachel placed a strike through the four bars. “Five to One in your favour.” He stated before getting kissed on the cheek by Rachel.

“Start working out and maybe you wouldn’t lose all the time.” Rachel purred, before unlocking the door to the rest of the facility. “So what’s our next move?”

“Something drastic.” Jeff answered. “We’re going to war.”

Jeff sat in the board room at the head of the table before looking around at the assembled heads of department. About an hour earlier he had sent the rest of the staff home before gathering what was essentially his war council.

“Okay everyone, I have made a dangerous enemy, one who is coming for us.” Jeff announced as he handed out copies of Nefaria’s SHIELD file supplied by Agent Khanata to the people sitting in the room. “We all have heard of Count Nefaria, we all know he’s a Hulk level threat and I think we can all assume that he will act quickly considering how I’ve disrespected him. From here I will pass you over to Agent Khanata who has been investigating the legitimacy of The Hagees-Rennsalear Institute as well as making sure that all of us stay on the straight and level.”

No Caption Provided

“Count Nefaria has made two attempts to acquire one of your rockets.” Agent Khanata stated as a transcript of an interrogation of Overdrive and the Hijacker appeared on the screen. “We can assume that, since he was unable to buy such a device legally, and that he was unable to steal an assembled model that he will attempt to take the factory and claim the parts for himself. SHIELD is unwilling to send a task-force to protect the facility, and they have ordered me to withdraw the security force.” He added as he sat brought up the profiles of Nefaria’s two know accomplices. “These are Grasp and Frank Oliver, both of whom were hired to persuade Mr Hagees to reconsider his actions.”

“Grasp is one of the Seekers. They are military muscle for an AIM splinter cell run by Ulysses Klaw.” Rachel announced as she shot a look at the image. “They tried to kill us on the day you proposed to me.” She added as she flashed Jeff a smile. “It could be that there are two parts to Nefaria’s operation.”

“Any idea?” Khanata asked. “You guys are all super villains or close enough and most of you are geniuses, albeit twisted ones who invent exploding pool balls.”

“I may know something.” A grim masked figure dressed in slacks and a T-Shirt sitting at the end of the table announced. “Klaw’s faction of AIM tried to recruit me while we were in the Raft together, and while I didn’t join I did make sure to keep an eye on their advancements in the hopes we could use them for ourselves.”

“Bram Velsing AKA the Dreadknight right? Currently the department head of Hagees-Rennsalear Advanced Materials Lab.” Khanata stated coldly. “You are one of the greatest security risks in this company, we know about the Anti Doom movement you are funding, and how they brought weapons from Klaw. Any other time that would be grounds to arrest you.”

No Caption Provided

“I understand. From what I hear Klaw was subcontracted to build a satellite based radiation siphon, one designed to harness cosmic rays and beam them in a concentrated ion shell to a location on the planet below.” The Dreadknight announced, as he tapped his fingers on the table. “My comrades saw the weapon being developed and enquired about buying it but were unsuccessful. To that end they watched the facility and noted down the registration number of the transporter carrying the components, and then tracked it to a Maggia safe-house in Illinois.”

“We can assume Nefaria will want to launch as soon as possible.” Richard speculated. “Which means he’ll attack as soon as he can. Going over the notes in the SHIELD file the Count will send men, machinery and mercenaries in first, only bothering to join the fray if his initial onslaught is stalled.”

“He turned to A.I.D.S once for assistance, perhaps he’ll go there again.” Rachel suggested, only to see Khanata’s face gasp in horror. “What is it?”

“Last week a SHIELD team investigated a series of violent murders in Jersey City, and eventually tracked the killer, one Cletus Cassidy, down to an abandoned warehouse. Unfortunately we weren't the only ones, an AIM asset retrieval team led by Klaw himself was shadowing us, and they came specially prepared to catch Cassidy. Between the Seekers and Cassidy himself the SHIELD team was depleted to a man.” Khanata explained, as images of Klaw, Cassidy, the Melter, and both Laserworks and Sonic of the Seekers appeared on screen. “They got away with Cassidy.”

“Is there a way to track them?” Rachel asked, just as the Indian woman dressed in a suit to her left screamed and convulsed, her body mutating into a bulky alien form. “Wraithwitch what is it?”

“The mystical security circle I conjured around the institute.” Wraithwitch hissed in pain, as a barbed tongue hung out of her mouth, until eventually she shrank down back into her human form. “There’s almost a hundred of them…” She groaned.

No Caption Provided

“And eleven of us.” Jeff finished. “Nefaria has the numbers but he’s made one crucial mistake. He thinks that we are just businessmen and scientists. I think it’s time to show him who we really are.”

The armoured van stopped outside the loading dock, and almost immediately a group of four Maggia gunmen leapt out the back, followed by the Melter and the cage containing Carnage, the crazed symbiote killer hissing and snarling at the thought of killing the men around him.

“You know the plan, we use the symbiote to flush them out, we kill them, and we go in and claim the rocket.” The Melter ordered, as more vans and more Maggia thugs converged on their locations. “Create a perimeter, no man or woman escapes this compound!” He ordered as he bent down in-front of the cage. “Kill as many as you can and A.I.D.S will release you into the populated area of your choosing.”

“Interesting, but what if I decide I want to do my own thing.” Carnage hissed as the bars of his cage melted, allowing him to slither out of his prison. “What if I decide to kill you first and then head inside?” He asked, before chuckling wickedly to himself. Flashing a half smile from behind his helmet, the Melter gestured for one of the gunmen to step forward.

“Go ahead.” He ordered, his words barley out of his lips before Carnage went to slash the man open, only for a blast of high intensity sound to surround the thug causing his assailant to scream and spasm until the noise dropped back into the inaudible levels. “Sonic shields, all the men have them. A little insurance thought up by the Scientist Supreme to keep you in check. Now get inside, before you get a second taste.” He ordered.

“You’d better watch out, all of you.” Carnage hissed. “Or you’ll end up like the people inside.” He added, as he smashed through the loading bay doors and scuttled off into the building’s interior. “And that’s ripped to pieces.”

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 1068

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By cbishop
ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cbishop: Yeah but we still don't know what level of evil they are operating on.

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for guardiandevil83
Guardiandevil83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#9  Edited By Guardiandevil83

You can't control Carnage! That's the whole point of his character. Stupid Maggia. I hope that Count Nafaria has great credit with whatever temp service he hire's his henchmen from. Because I just know those dudes are gonna end up deader than honey roasted duck.

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@guardiandevil83: Yeah Nefaria is doing better than most, but Carnage is resilient with a capital R. The Maggia thugs he sent are in for some punishment indeed

Avatar image for guardiandevil83
Guardiandevil83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@impurestcheese: "Punishment?" C'mon Cheese go easy on em. You've already made it likely that they may get torn open by an alien powered serial killer, or blown up by an exploding 8-ball, but now your gonna unleash Castle on them too?

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@guardiandevil83: Nah not him. That was a slip of the tongue. Rest assured justice will be served.