Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 14

#1  Edited By ImpurestCheese

Marvel Mayhem: 8-Ball and Diamondback #3

Missed Last Issue? Check it out here!

The UN Building, 42nd Street, New York

Rachel sat in the apartment across the street from the UN building, the electronic scanner embedded into the steps into the building identifying everyone who went in or out of the hallowed hall of international diplomacy.

"Girls, give me a sit-rep on Senator Hobart please." Rachel stated, as she removed the hood of the sweatshirt she was wearing.

"He hasn't moved." Amazon sighed. "He's been in there an awful long time."

No Caption Provided

"Who can blame him, with his current reading material I doubt he'll be out of there in the next five minutes." Spectre chirped. "Sending you a screenshot now." She added, as an image of a woman in her underwear appeared on the screen of the TV behind Rachel.

"Huh curvy." Amazon mused. "Remind me to stop by a newsagents on the way to bowling tonight Spectre."

"Bowling?" Rachel asked. "I didn't know you guys bowled?"

"Yeah; Amazon, Mister Fish, Freezer-Burn and myself bowl semi-professionally." Spectre replied, just as a knock on the door sounded behind Rachel. "We won a free plate of..."

"Hold that thought Spectre." Rachel ordered, as the knock sounded again. "Get ready we may have trouble." She added, as she peered through the peephole, before springing out the way as the door caved in and a giant of a man walked in. "Girls Plan Theta go!" Rachel snapped, as she drew a selection of diamond shaped throwing blades from the pockets of her hoodie.

"Mrs Rachel Hagees?" The giant asked, his words slurred by a thick Australian accent, his voice working with the stereotypical bush ranger getup to confirm the man's nationality.

"It's still Ms Leighton." Rachel replied, as the man twitched his nose slightly. "I'm afraid you have me at a disadvantage sir." She added, as she took a step back towards the window.

"My name's Frank Oliver." The giant stated.

"The Kangaroo guy?" Rachel asked. "No offence but you look different to your Hench profile."

"I outgrew that name ever since that limp wristed w****r decided to steal my legacy." Oliver answered. "Before we start I want to say I respect a hard working Sheila like yourself and I'm sorry..."

"Sorry for wha..." Rachel asked, only to be interrupted as Oliver kicked her in the chest, the blow sending her crashing through the window. Twisting mid fall, Rachel dropped her blades and removed a pool ball with a blue stripe and threw it at the ground, the orb cracking open and producing a cushion of thick gel to soften her landing.

No Caption Provided

"Blimey Sheila." Oliver called, as he dropped down onto the street just as Rachel reclaimed her throwing blades. "Got to say that was impressive. You got some stones no doubt about that!" He added as Rachel swung at him, her fist cracking on his muscled chest.

"Okay that was stupid." Rachel hissed, as she flipped backwards and flung her blades at Oliver, the big man lashing out and deflecting them with the massive work boots he was wearing.

"Rachel, Senator Hobart is secure in the UN panic room. No sign of any attackers." Spectre announced as Oliver leapt towards Rachel, his target rolling away before he landed, the impact setting off the local car alarms and causing the pavements to crack.

"Okay Oliver who paid you to kill the Senator?" Rachel asked, as she stabbed one of her blades towards one of Oliver's shins, only for him to grab her by the neck.

"From what I read Hobart's an okay bloke." Oliver replied as he slammed Rachel into a nearby parked taxi cab. "Nah I'm here to kill you Sheila, and so far I'm having a bonza time of it too." He added, as he aimed a kick at Rachel, only for her to handspring onto the taxi's roof, just as Oliver smashed into where she had been standing, the metal of the cab buckling on impact.

"So you came after me instead?" Rachel asked as she aimed a kick at Oliver's face before leaping over his head and stabbing her diamond blades into his shoulders. "I don't know if I should be flattered or insulted." She hissed, as Oliver reached back to grab her.

"If it were me Sheila, I'd be flattered." Oliver answered, as he sprung backwards, slamming back first into the atrium of the UN building. "But you can settle for being flattened!" He cackled, as he sprung off the wall and flipped round so he landed back first onto the tarmac.

"Ugh no more of that." Rachel groaned as Oliver pulled a machete out of the sheath mounted on his leg.

"Well as a favour from one professional to another I'll make it quick." Oliver grunted as Rachel reached for one of her throwing knives. "Any last words?"

"That's not a knife," Rachel sniffed, as she threw the throwing knife up towards Oliver, the diamond tipped blade slicing through Oliver's machete and into the assassin's chest. Getting to her feet Rachel limped towards the street, just as Oliver leapt forward, his jump landing in-front of Rachel, effectively blocking her escape.

"Cute, you went to the stereotypical Australian jab!" Oliver snarled, as pushed Rachel down onto the street. "You bloody well went there!" He roared as he slammed his foot into the UN building, the impact shattering the windows and causing a cascade of glass to shatter all around the pair of fighters.

No Caption Provided

Screaming in pain, Rachel struggled to her feet before landing a blow in the neck, the punch staggering Oliver and forcing him down onto one knee, glass shards biting into his leg. "Try leaping around on that leg now." Rachel grunted before slamming her body into Oliver's the additional weight causing the assassin to crash into the ground, grass shrapnel biting into his back. "And now try standing." She groaned as she staggered onto the street, just as the police arrived, their sirens accompanied by the complaints of angry bystanders.

"I want to know who's going to pay the repair bill for my taxi!" A short man with a duck like face complained to a red haired female officer as Rachel walked over to one of the ambulances parked nearby.

"I don't care if you were bitten by a radioactive duck as a toddler, or if you're a mystical duck from Asgard." The officer replied, as one of the paramedics started to remove shards of glass out of her arms. "But it's not my effing problem." She added as a pair of officers wheeled Oliver to another ambulance.

"One moment." Rachel groaned, as she walked over to Oliver. "Who hired you?" Rachel asked.

"Ask your husband!" Oliver grunted as he was carried away. "This is all his fault Sheila."

Nefaria Mansion, Chicago City Limits

Count Nefaria strode into the lab space in the basement of his mansion, the majority of the space filled up with a satellite stored in a clean room environment, several workers dressed in yellow hazmat suits finishing assembling the device.

"Is the Ionic Siphon complete?" Nefaria asked, the vibrations of his words solidifying into a purple humanoid shape.

"It's ready for launch Count." The figure announced. "I still don't understand why you didn't have A.I.D.S* build you the rocket to go with the satellite."

(Advanced Ideas in Destructive Science - I.M.P.urest Cheese)

"Because Mr Klaw, this will put Mr Hagees and his band of losers back in their place." Nefaria snarled, as a trio of technicians wheeled a cage into the room, followed by a man dressed in black armour emblazoned with yellow chevrons and a power pack attached to his gauntlets. "Ah so this is the creature that will reduce the Hagees-Rennsalear Institute to the ground." He sighed, as he approached the cage only for a red tendril to snake out and try and grab him.

"Now!" Klaw buzzed, as the armoured man fired on the cage, a laser beam lancing out and super heating the bars and forcing the tendril back inside. "Thank you Mr Colchiss, as you can see the Melter here has control of the creature. He'll make sure that the rocket you require isn't damaged."

"You're sure that you can keep the creature contained in an open environment?" Nefaria asked the Melter.

"More than certain, the Scientist Supreme hired me to initially capture the squirming piece of c**p." The Melter answered.

No Caption Provided

"Very good, and how about you?" He asked the cage, a pair of large glowing eyes shining out of the gloom. "Are you ready to spread some carnage?"

"It's what they call me." An inhuman voice hissed from within the cage. "Just make sure that after they let me out I never find you!"

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 1068

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cbishop: Hench is a real Marvel thing believe it or not. Kind of like Uber but for Super Criminals.

Avatar image for guardiandevil83
Guardiandevil83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Crocodile Dundee reference! And who he calling "Limp Wristed?"

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 13

@impurestcheese: Being Australian I found your take on my language a bit odd, presumably like when I write British ones. Was good to see him deride her for using the only Australian movie quote people north of the equator know :)

And Nefaria is growing a Carnage, that's a tad dangerous

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 13

@impurestcheese: "I don't care if you were bitten by a radioactive duck as a toddler, or if you're a mystical duck from Asgard." The officer replied, as one of the paramedics started to remove shards of glass out of her arms. "But it's not my effing problem." She added as a pair of officers wheeled Oliver to another ambulance.

Dallas got glassed! I did initially miss it...trying to work it out though, seems she's in a cab or was in a cab. Trying to place WHERE this is...maybe I should write some Dallas and find that out huh?

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@batkevin74: She was in the cab with Howard (should we tell @Wildvine: ?) in the battle, and probably got out just as Oliver glassed everyone. Of course if you want to write an Underworld story about it...

Also have to talk about Scourge before the Arc is done, but that can wait for a while

Avatar image for guardiandevil83
Guardiandevil83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Frank is a jerk. The only reason Hibbs became Kangaroo in the first place is because he was Frank's fanboy. See how ungrateful famous folk are for their fans. Tsk.

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@guardiandevil83: Yep, you should write a one shot where the pair fight. Hibbs can even win