Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 14

Marvel Mayhem: 8-Ball and Diamondback #2

Missed Last Issue? Check it out here!

Conference Centre, Outskirts of Dallas, Texas, USA

"What did the message say again?" Jeff Hagees AKA 8-Ball asked his business partner Richard Rennsalear AKA Overrider asked, as the pair of them walking into the conference room.

No Caption Provided

"Apparently a representative of the European Space Agency is here to enquire about purchasing a rocket." Richard sighed, as the pair of them signed in at the front desk. "Our contacts name is Mario Sanchez, the Spanish representative." He added, as the pair of them headed for the lifts. "Looks like Agent Khanata decided to follow us."

"Really?" Jeff asked, as he turned to see a man dressed in a trench coat and hat sign in, before following the pair of businessmen at a respectable distance. "Guess he didn't believe us when we told him this was a legitimate meeting." He added, as the lift arrived and the both men stepped inside, followed by a man dressed in a smart suit.

"Hold the door!" The disguised Agent Khanata called, as Jeff mischievously jabbed at the door closed button. Closing just before the undercover SHIELD agent could enter the doors cut off Khanata's curses, the lift climbing upwards towards the conference rooms.

"So what's Rachel doing today?" Richard asked, as the man in the suit nervously touched his belt.

"She's guarding a high ranking Australian diplomat at the UN meeting back in New York." Jeff answered just as the lift came to a stop. "Apparently a death threat was made against him in regards to his climate change policy." He added as the three men stepped out of the lift and headed towards the conference room.

"Okay so Khanata may be gone, but who’s the jumpy guy from the lift?" Richard asked, as the man in question walked past them, his hand still resting on his hip.

"I don't know but I have a feeling that somethings about to go down." Jeff stated, as he opened the door and walked into the room, the men already inside levelling their guns at them. "See, told you something was going down." He added, as he and Richard were waved into the room.

"Good morning gentlemen." A European accented voice announced, as a man dressed in a flamboyant business suit walked in behind them followed by a figure in grey power armour. "My apologies for the additional security, I have had a few prior business meetings that ended in sudden terminations."

No Caption Provided

"C...Count Nefaria?!" Richard gasped at the same moment Jeff put his head in his hands. "We don't sell to criminals, its part of our companies...ethics...policy."

"Really you don't sell to criminals?" Nefaria stated, his right eyebrow lifting in amusement. "You sold a rocket to the US government recently did you not?"

"He means that we are not willing to sell our tech to people who would misuse it." Jeff stammered, as he took a quick count of the guns pointed at the pair of them. "If you could convince us that you'd use any part or fully assembled Hagees-Rennsalear rockets you acquired from us responsibility then we may consider a sale." He added, as he double tapped the face of his watch, Richard's eyes flicking slightly at the movement.

"Don't bother using the communicator on your arm Mr. Hagees." Nefaria stated, before turning to Richard. "Likewise with the recording device strapped to yours Mr. Rennsalear, my ionic powers have depowered all the electronics you brought with you."

"Can't blame a guy for trying." Jeff sighed. "Is this going to take long, I have dinner reservations at eight back in New York."

"Not long at all if you agree to sell me one of your rockets Mr Hagees." The Count hissed. "Surely your company’s ethics agreement doesn't concern the sale of property to me and my associate?" He asked as the man in the power armour stirred slightly.

"It applies doubly to you." Jeff replied. "We founded this company with our own money for honest law abiding..." He stopped as Count Nefaria coughed slightly, before cracking a wicked smile.

"Perhaps we should be a little more selective about the people we tell that too." Richard whispered. "Also let's not provoke the Count considering the powers he has."

"Okay Count, convince us of your good intentions for our rocket." Jeff sighed, as he slumped back, seemingly defeated in his chair.

"I assume you know, or have at least heard, about cosmic radiation, the substance that gave the Fantastic Four their powers?" Nefaria asked, as one of his men lowered his gun and picked up a brief case from under the Count's chair. "I plan to harness that power to provide clean energy for those worthy of it." He added, as Jeff and Richard talked among themselves before Jeff but his hand up. "Yes?" Nefaria sighed, as he glowered at the pair of conspirators.

"Question, if we don't agree what will you do to us?" Jeff asked.

"I'll have my men shoot you and we'll take everything you own." Nefaria told him. After a brief pause Jeff and Richard burst into laughter, the pair of them snorting and banging on the table. "STOP LAUGHING!!" Nefaria roared as he slammed his fist into the table, the blow shattering the piece of furniture.

"Sorry but I don't believe this whole 'warm light for mankind' spiel." Richard snorted, as he and Jeff looked down at the remains of the table. "We're ex villains, at least be honest with us."

"I am being honest." Nefaria hissed, as he clicked his fingers causing two of the gunmen and the man in the power armour advanced on the pair of businessmen. "I'm sure my associate Mr Grasp from the Seekers would vouch for me."

"Well I'm afraid without you being honest we can't advocate the sale of a Hagees-Rennsalear Rocket to you Count." Jeff sighed, as he put his hands in his pockets. "Have a nice day Count," He stated, as a thick cloud of smoke engulfed him and Richard, the fog causing a cacophony of coughing and spluttering as the pair of businessmen barrelled through the door and into the corridor.

"Grasp do me a favour and kill those pair of idiots." Nefaria sighed calmly, as one of his men opened the windows to let the smoke out. "Oh and call Mr. Oliver and tell him that he has permission to target the Leighton woman. Mr Hagees will rue the day he refused me."

Jeff and Richard ran down the corridor, the footfalls of the Maggia gunmen sounding behind them. Rounding the corner, the pair of businessmen saw Agent Khanata stopped by one of the vending machines, his hands pulling a dollar bill from his wallet.

"Run dude!" Jeff yelled as he sprinted past the SHIELD agent. Seconds later Richard hobbled past, sweat running down his brow.

"Run from what?" Khanata asked, as he slotted the dollar bill into the machine. "What have you two done!?" He asked, as Jeff reached the lift and repeatedly pressed the button until the doors opened. As they did the first gunmen came round the corner and opened fire. "Holy..." Khan swore, as he sprinted into the lift. "Who were you meeting?!" He snapped as he returned fire with his sidearm, the thug ducking behind cover of his own.

"Guys from the European Space Agency." Richard wheezed. "It turned out to be Count Nefaria."

"You sold him a rocket!" Khanata boomed, just as the doors closed.

No Caption Provided

"Yeah those were thank you bullets." Jeff sneered sarcastically. "Tell me you have a fancy flying SHIELD car, or you know Thor and the Sentry on speed dial." He gasped, as the lift reached the lobby.

"Nope." Khanata replied as the three of them ran for the doors. "I came by bus, as a Wakandan I'm an advocate for green transport."

"Curse you Al Gore!" Richard snapped, as the three escapees came to a halt in the carpark. "The real inconvenient truth is that we're going to die!" He added as Grasp smashed through the windows of the Conference Centre to the car park below.

"Finally I can get my revenge!" Grasp snarled, as he fired the mechanical fist out of his power armour at Jeff, the blow hitting him in the chest.

"Are you one of the Kick Starter guys wanting their money back?" Jeff grunted, as Khanata opened fire with his pistol, only for Grasp's second fist to knock his sidearm away.

No Caption Provided

"You and your b***h stole a diamond from me!" Grasp growled.

"Ssh, there's a SHIELD agent right there!" Jeff hissed, just as Khanata raised an eyebrow in amusement. "And I don't remember that." He added, as Richard crossed his arms and shook his head. "What?!"

(8-Ball may have forgotten the events of the Marvel Mayhem Valentines Special it but I didn't - Impurest 'Continuity' Cheese)

"Just wondering how long it takes before everyone remembers I'm a technopath." Richard sighed, just as Grasp's armour shut down. "Guess it's about now." He added coyly, as he walked over to a Lamborghini parked in one of the handicapped spaces. "And I guess that belongs to the Count."

"You guys ever see Ferris Buller's Day Off?" Jeff asked as he and Richard shared childish grins.

"No, I won't be seen in a stolen vehicle!" Khanata snapped, as Richard woke the cars on board computer, the gull wing doors gracefully rising.

"It's a two seater anyway." Jeff announced, as he opened the boot just as a pair of Maggia gunmen emerged from the conference centre. "Sorry about this." He added, as he pushed Khanata into the boot. "Well mostly." He added, as he closed the lid before jumping into the driver's seat, the engine already purring as the car sped off leaving the conference centre in its wake, the Maggia gunmen firing a few shots after them. “This isn’t over, when we get back we need to assemble the department heads, we just made a powerful enemy, one we may not be able to beat.”

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for guardiandevil83
Guardiandevil83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Shots fired at the US government by way of the good count. I like how casual Nafaria was about Jeff and Richards escape. Shows his arrogance.

Can't wait until his underestimation of Eight Ball and Overdrive comes back to bite him.

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@guardiandevil83: Yeah unfortunately his associate in New York, one Mr. Oliver, may end up biting (er I mean kicking) first as he targets Diamondback.

And yes Nefaria was indeed taking some shots at the US Goverment, but then again why wouldn't he, especially since he's the seasoned mob boss that he is

Guardiandevil83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Any chance of Thunderball joining Jeff and Richards company? In the new Illuminati series he spoke about how he wanted to start his own company in order to show his genius.

Since they seem to still be a growing company and are actually legitimate-ish, they could be that stepping stone he needs. And, lets be honest, they could use the muscle. Somebody needs to deal with all the Golem's, Super Strong Killer Robots, and other strange crap the Marvel universe decides to throw at them whilst they're on missions.

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@guardiandevil83: Ugh Three Quarters of the Wrecking Crew are dead in Marvel Mayhem so no Thunderball won't be joining although if he were available I would use him. They have Amazon as muscle...but yeah I see your point

Guardiandevil83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@impurestcheese: Oh so bleak, now we know why the Jester wanted to turn Manhatten into a giant woppee cushion, he wanted to make the place fun and got punished for it

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 1068

@impurestcheese: I know you've made lists here and there for Mayhem. Do you have a list of who's dead, who's available, and that kind of thing? Moving on to Chapter 3! :)

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cbishop: Actually yes there is a list of deceased character. It was called 'the Leigon of the Unliving'. I actually missed out on saving the Wrecking Crew by a few hours with my first ever issue of Thunderbolts on here. Unfortunately @irishlad: got there first and murdered three of them.

#whathappenedtothewrecker

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 13

#11  Edited By batkevin74

Count Nefaria is buying a rocket and making a good point about selling said rockets to terrorists aka The USA! Yeah I said it and it's kinda true

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By ImpurestCheese

@batkevin74: Yeah the Count's probably the smartest person in the room from that perspective. He's well travelled and knows how the world works better than most.

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 13

@impurestcheese: Also the Count is like Sentry, Hyperion, Wonder Man, Thor territory in terms of raw power

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@batkevin74: He is indeed, he fought both the Avengers and Thunderbolts at the same time and pretty much thrashed them. That said this Nefaria is sick, he's not getting the power he deserves hence his need for an orbital ion-siphon and the rocket to take it there