Marvel Mashed Up Origins: Molten Man

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 13

How traceable is this?" Harry Osborn asked as he watched Mark Raxton unpack the canister onto the work bench. "Because..."

"Relax, Harry," Mark said with a grin. "Nobody knows it's missing. Sitting in Smythe's lab are all the canisters he had this morning. Just switched it out. He just thinks I’m some dumb guy pushing a broom.”

Harry rubbed the back of his neck. He wanted to impress his father and when he found out from his buddy Mark, who was an intern at Smythe Laboratories, about an experimental radioactive liquid metal alloy they were working on he knew this would put him in the good books. But as the reality of him accepting stolen goods and passing research off as his own sunk in; his conscious ate away at him.

"Okay, now we know you CAN get it, let's put it back." Harry suggested, pointing back at the case.

"You serious?"

"Yup," Harry said. "This is trouble, like federal prison kinda trouble. And I've got a whole lot of life I want to lead that doesn't involve awkward communal showering."

Raxton grabbed Harry by the collar. "You promised me money, kid.”

"I'll get you money!" Harry yelped as he winced in the twenty-something’s grip. "Just put it back, okay?"

"Put what back?" Norman Osbourne's ripped through the lab akin to a shotgun blast.

“Um, dad, I, um...” Raxton steppes away from Harry.

“Spencer doesn’t tolerate thieves,” Norman stated as he pulled out his phone. “Neither do I.”

“What are you doing?” Raxton yelled. “You said he’d be cool with this Harry?!?”

“I’ll fix it,” Harry muddled as he walked towards his father. “Dad, it’s okay.”

Norman pulled out a pistol and glared at his son. “You’re a thief! I thought better of you Harry. Go stand in the corner like the stupid child you are!” Harry trudged away leaving Norman face to face with Raxton. “Aren’t you little old to be hanging out with high schoolers?”

Mark began to plead. “Look, Mr Osborn, I...”

“Save it for the police,” Norman snarled.

“NO!!” Raxton hurled the canister across the room. Norman opened fire; two bullets hitting Mark but the rest hitting the canister and exploding in a shower of sparks and glitter.

“DAD!” Harry screamed as he watched his father melt like a candle, gold molten ripples cascading over his skin. Harry grabbed a fire extinguisher and slammed the red emergency button alerting the building.

(Norman Osbourne + Mark Raxton combined. Norman as Molten Man is possibly more terrifying than him as the Green Goblin. And since Spider-Man in this universe, might be the same, is Hank Pym and Peter Parker is Nova, the spider obsession is gone)

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 1068

@batkevin74: This:

his conscious ate away at him.

should be:

his conscience ate away at him.

Storywise...I'm wondering what happens to Harry if he doesn't become the new Goblin. :)

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 13

@cbishop: Harry lives happily ever afte...well his dad has just become Molten Man and his mate Peter has become Nova; he's going to have an interesting life regardless