Marvel Knights: The Avengers (Oneshot)

TommytheHitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

Note: This takes place before the current arc of the Punisher.

Avengers Assemble.

And they did. From the heavens of Asgard to the sunny city of Miami, from the sprawling jungles of Wakanda to the distant capital of Washington D.C. they all assembled in their shining tower, overlooking the city of New York. They were the Avengers, 7 of the Earth's greatest and mightiest heroes, each with enough power and skill to level a small continent.

The Earth's Mightiest Heroes all stood together in Stark Tower, their ranks consisting of the invincible Iron Man, the mighty Thor, the Black Panther, Carol Danvers the Captain Marvel, Agent Mockingbird of SHIELD, the uncanny Vision and the astonishing Ant-Man.

"Gentlemen." Iron Man said as they all sat down around a large, circular table bearing the team's logo in the center.

"And women!" Captain Marvel yelled from her seat, causing Ant-Man to almost squirt milk out of his nose due to laughter.

"...and women." Iron Man added, his voice accompanied by a series of soft, metal clicks along with the loud hum of the billionaire's powered suit of armour. "I'm going to cut right to the chase. 2 hours ago, Captain America's Avengers I.D. signal went dead."

A loud gasp filled the room, generated by all the heroes seated around the table.

"Is... is he dead?" Mockingbird asked, her long, blonde hair draped over her shoulders was accompanied by a thick, black hairband covering the middle of her skull. She winced slightly as all eyes in the room turned to her. "I... I'm sorry." She muttered as the rest of the Avengers glared at her.

"Is he dead though?" Ant-Man asked, his helmet placed next to hom on the table, revealing his relatively clear, youthful features. Despite having been an Avenger for years, Ant-Man was the latest member of the latest roster of the team, having returned after a long period of retirement. His lack of recent experience tended to show during the team's misadventures. "Is that a thing we know?" He added quickly, a swarm of ants feasting on a couple of sugar cubes he'd left out for them.

"Nay" Unlike all the other Avengers, Thor refused to sit at the table, instead he stood behind his seat, arms folded across his chest with his mighty Uru hammer dangling from his belt. "I would have sensed if the great Captain had fallen in battle."

"Thor is quite right." The Vision said, cold, collected voice almost putting the entire room at peace. "If Steve Rogers has indeed perished, the whole world would know about it by now." His very presence created a sense of comfort in his allies... yet somehow it also kept them on edge, almost as if the android's calm demeanor could snap at any moment into something much more terrifying.

"You're both right." Iron Man admitted, his red and golden armour reflecting in the bright sunlight beaming through the window. "Cap's not dead. His vitals are still active... although they have spiked." The armoured Avenger clicked his fingers, causing a hologram displaying a map of New York and the whole team's vitals to materialize in the air, inches above the table.

"What's that beacon?" Captain Marvel asked, pointing at a gold marker displayed on the map. Carol Danvers seemed fixated on the screen, monitoring it for any possible information. "Is it what I think it-"

"It's Cap's last known position." Ant-Man told her, a packet of peanuts in his hand as he picked up pieces of the snack and popped them in his mouth. "Stark uses it sometimes when I shrink down." Crumbs dropped out of his mouth as he spoke, covering his costume.

"I'm not trusting an ex-con around my tech, Scott."

"It was ONE time!"

"Where's the beacon located?" Mockingbird asked, trying to get the meeting back on track.

"Hell's Kitchen." The whole team turned towards their final member, T'Challa. The Black Panther had been silent thus far throughout the team's gathering, they'd almost forgotten he was there. Quickly the King of Wakanda pulled open the hologram's control panel and began taking control with his highly advanced vibranium suit. Iron Man stared at his teammate in shock, annoyed at his hijacking of the billionaire's technology, he sighed and simply let the Panther take complete control of the system, rather then protesting any further.

Live footage of Hell's Kitchen replaced the team's vitals, showing armed mercernaries standing guard around a condemned apartment building, in the skies above the city there were two heavily armoured helecopters, both seemingly patrolling the area and ignoring the crowds below.

"This. This is where we shall find the Captain." Pather stated.

"Send me the address." Iron Man said before activating his armour's power systems, bright electric light shot out of the slits in his suit, letting the entire team know it was time for action. "Carol." He turned to Captain Marvel. "Take the reigns."

Carol nodded smartly before standing up and cracking her knuckles.

"Non-flyers, get the Quinjet!" She ordered. The rest of the team all got up out of their seats, a grin filled Thor's face as he prepared for action. "Thor and Stark, you're with me. We'll lead the way and clear a path for the rest of the team. Avengers! Let's go get our man back!"

"Shouldn't we say Avengers Assemble?" The Vision asked, hovering in the air like some sort of demigod.

"Why?" Ant-Man asked as they all headed towards the exit. "We're all right here."

In a filthy, vermin filled apartment stood the former US Marine known as Nuke, former war hero and currently well known for his brutal acts of terrorism and carnage across the globe. He stood with a large, grenade launcher strapped casually over his shoulder, the American flag tattooed crudely to his face.

"You were my hero once, sir." Nuke growled, the beaten body of Captain America bound to several metal chains strung up to the walls and ceiling of the room, around Nuke's free arm was the Captain's iconic shield. He thought it suited him. "I'm disgusted that you've become such a goddamn disgrace."

"Why... why don't you just kill me?" Steve Rogers asked, his costume torn to shreds and his face covered with black bruises.

"I'm going to, scumbag." Nuke promised, maniacal grin on his face. "But I'm gonna need your little communist friends as well.

"Sir!" An armed soldier dressed in Vietnam era gear stepped onto the room, war point covering his face. "We've got incoming!" Nuke turned towards his aly. "It's the Avengers!"

Nuke pulled out a small tube containing a collection of bright red pills. He popped a few in his mouth and felt a surge of adrenaline rush through him the second he bit into them.

"Good!"

The silver frame of the Quinjet soared across the sky, accompanied by Captain Marvel, Iron Man and Thor flying defensively by its side. Inside the vehicle, Black Panther sat silently at the contros, Ant-Man twitching nervously in the co-pilot seat due to him having no idea what he was doing, Vision and Mockingbird were both sat in the back of the jet, waiting patiently for the vehicle to arrive at the landing zone.

"Gentlemen!" Captain Marbel yelled to Thor and Iron Man as the two helecopters turned in their direction, both locked their weapons onto the Quinjet, missile launchers protruding from their sides. "Take care of them." She ordered. "No property damage if you can help it."

"Aye Captain!"Thor burst forward into the air, mystic hammer glowing electric blue with lightning, the sound of thunder booming in the distance as he flew towards the tail end of one of the choopers. "We shall vanquish our quarry, then rejoin you and our allies in glorious combat!"

Iron Man followed suit, red flares flying out the side of his suit as he streaked towards his target which unleashed a burst of minigun bullets towards him.

"Whatever he said." Stark sighed before firing a repulsor blast from the palm of his hand, the two Avengers dealt with their airborne targets, both taking extreme care to ensure the helecopters didn't cause any damage to the streets below or their surroundings.

Carol did a quick scan of the rooftop belonging to the condemned building, atop the roof stood a dozen soldiers wielding machine guns and other unpleasant weapons. The Quinjet soared overhead, a brilliant red beam following its path from the engine.

"SHOOT HER!"

A thousand bullets fired from the roof towards Carol, all of them bouncing off her skin the second they made impact. Captain Marvel stared down at her opponents, completely unimpressed and frowned upon seeing one of them pull out a missile launcher and aim it towards the Quinjet.

"Panther, Bobbi." Carol said quickly as one of the soldiers began to take aim. "You're both up."

Black Panther opened up the Quinjet's landing ramp with the flick of a switch and stood up from the pilot seat, causing Ant-Man to grip the controls in panic.

"Take the wheel." Panther said while joining Mockingbird on the ramp. Vision turned transparent and quickly materialized in the control seat.

"Is this a bad time to say I don't know how to fly?!" Ant-Man yelled as a panicked look filled his face.

"You will be fine." The Vision assured him.

"Ready?" Mockingbird asked, nervous smile on her face, metal staff in her free hand as she gripped the safety handle. T'Challa simply stared at the City below, waiting in silence for the perfect time to move.

"Now!" The two heroes leaped into the air, aiming for the cluster of soldiers taking aim towards them. Black Panther popped out his suit's claws, Mockingbird prepared for the landing, pulling her legs up into a ball.

"Shoot 'em both!"

Bullets whizzed just over their heads, T'Challa landed atop one soldier and flipped him into the air, with a twist of his feet. Bobbi rolled upon landing, knocking several soldiers off their feet, she sprang up and spun her staff around with utter skill, striking several soldiers, T'Challa slashed and cut at his opponents, not giving any of them a chance to fire their weapons.

After less then a minute Black Panther and Mockingbird stood back to back, completely fune and surrounded by unconscious bodies.

"That went well." Mockingbird said before taking a deep breath. She holstered her staff, T'Challa relaxed slightly, lowering his stance.

"Die you ba$tards!" A man burst from the fire escape, wielding a sub machine gun and pulling the trigger with all his might and fury. T'Challa and Bobbi both flipped out the way, avoiding the hot lead shooting in their direction.

A ghostly hand passed through the soldier's chest before quickly reforming. The man passed out due to the pain, his eyes rolling into the back of his skull and resulting in him slumping to the ground, the android body of the Vision stepped over him like he wasn't even there.

"Are you both alright?" The android asked with an electronic chirp at the end of his sentence.

"We're quite fine, Vision." The Panther said, nodding at his ally with respect. "Thank you."

"Wow." Ant-Man said as he burst up back to his natural height, having shrunk down to move faster. "You guys really don't mess around."

"We are Avengers, man of ants."The four heroes atop the rooftop looked up to see Thor, Iron Man and Captain Marvel descending towards them. "We cannot afford to."

The Avengers stood reunited on the rooftop, their transport parked safely across the street on another rooftop, with the enemy helecopters having been delivered to the closest police station.

"Scott." Captain Marvel said while turning to Ant-Man. "How many soldiers are in the building?"

Ant-Man pressed a button on the side of his helmet and spoke in a seemingly foreign language. "27." He said upon returning back to normal. "All spread throughout the building."

"We should all stay together." The Vision suggested, cold eyes processing every little detail of his surroundings. "We're stronger together then apart."

"No." Iron Man decided, flipping up his helmet to further emphathise his point. "Time's a factor here. We should all split up, hit the ba$tards all at once."

Carol nodded slightly befre hovering up into the air, golden orbs of energy forming around her gloved hands.

"Split up. Pick a floor." She ordered. "Scott." Once again she turned to Ant-Man. "You and Mockingbird should focus on finding Steve."

And without a word all the Avengers understood their goals, the Earth's Mightiest Heroes all went to begin their own seperate missions, each understanding the severity if they might fail.

After all... it wasn't like Captain America could look after himself.

Captain America felt white, cold pain shoot through his body as he broke his right index finger. It wasn't the first time he'd broken that finger.... hopefully it wouldn't be the last.

KLACK!

The Captain's chains fell around him as he placed the lockpick he kept in his glove back into his pocket. In the distance he heard the sounds of gunfire and knew his friends had come for him. Steve stepped towards the wooden door and kicked it down with relative ease, turning it to splinters as he smashed through.

"Holy crap!" One of the guards yelled as he raised his rifle towards the charging super soldier, he was a milisecond too slow, as before he could pull the trigger, Steve had torn the weapon from his grasp and knocked him unconscious with a blow to the skull.

"Don't mo-" Another guard started to say, only to be interrupted by a swarm of bullet ants crawling over his body, distracting him from pulling the trigger. Steve punched him in the face before he could regain his senses and turned the corner to find Mockingbird and Ant-Man stood in the hallway, chaos and destruction littering the ground around them.

"Hey Cap!" Scott yelled before shrinking down and jumping onto Mockingbird's shoulder. "Looks like you didn't need us afterall!"

Steve smirked slightly as Mockingbird pulled a jacket off an unconscious mercernary and offered it to the Captain.

"It's good to have you back, sir." Bobbi said as Cap donned the garment.

"Thanks Mockingbird." He replied before walking past and stepping into the main stair well where all sorts of action was erupting as the rest of the Avengers took on the remenants of the armed forces populating the building. "Now..." Cap hoisted himself over the bannister and plummeted towards the ground floor. "Let's go sort this mess out!"

The three heroes all leaped into the action with their teammates, Iron Man and Vision made quick word of the opposition on the top floors while the others followed the orders of their newly returned leader to the letter,

"Excellent work team." Steve said once the battle was over. He suddenly noticed his mission weapon. "Now where's m-"

"Captain!" A loud voice bellowed from the top of the stairwell, Nuke glared down at the Avengers with utter rage and hatred, indestructible shield in one hand, grenade launcher in the other. "Face me like a man!" He screamed, eyes red with adrenaline and fury.

The Avengers looked back up at Nuke, each unimpressed with the psychopath's boasts.

"Do you want us to take him out, Cap?" Iron Man asked. "We c-"

"No." Steve said, pure authority flowing through his voice. "I'm going to deal with this myself." He decided, clenching his fist. With a small smile he turned to the Vision. "I could use a boost though."

The Vision smiled as Steve Rogers leaped onto his hand, using it as a stepping stone. With a fraction of his power, the android pushed him upward, sending the Captain shooting up through the building.

Nuke staggered back upon receiving a flying uppercut, courtesy of the Captain. In anger he readied his launcher and fired, blowing a hole in the side of the building. Steve picked up some shrapnel from the explosion and flung it at Nuke with all his might, the soldier simply blocked the debris with his shield.

"I'll be taking my shield back." Captain America said as Nuke flung the Vibranium weapon towards him with all his might, the Captain caught it in his hand and placed it back where it belonged, over his arm. "It needs to be cleaned." He explained.

"I'm gonna kill you!" Nuke roared before casting his launcher aside and lunging forward, Steve sweeped under his legs, sending the marine tumbling down the stairwell where he was greeted by the ancient might of Mjolner.

Nuke was sent flying through the New York skyline, he kept screaming until he was a dot on the horizon.

It was over.

"I'll get Nuke later." Iron Man said as the team walked to the large hole in the side of the building, all of them huddled together. "Keep him on cold storage with some Skrull tech I've been waiting to us-"

"Dude. Do you ever stop?" Ant-Man asked, perched on top of Captain America's shield.

"It is highly unlikely." The Vision sighed as the team looked out at the city they called home.

"Oh my." Mockingbird grinned. "Vision... was that sarcasm?"

"He's truly more advanced then we thought." T'Challa said, Mockingbird's face lit up bright red upon realizing the mostly stoic Avenger had just made a wisecrack.

"These are the end times..." Carol muttered.

"My friends, we have emerged victorious!"Thor yelled before wrapping his arms around his allies, nearly crushing them with his strength. "Let us celebrate in the halls of Valhal-"

Before Thor could finish his sentence a flurry of questions shot up from the crowd of reporters below, each firing a million questions at the assembled heroes.

"Captain America!" Ben Urich from the local paper, Frontlines stepped forward, notepad and pen in hand. "Do you have any words for the citizens of Hell's Kitchen."

"Of course." Captain America said. "Hell's Kitchen... this district.... this entire city. This community. It's an Avengers Community."

The Supreme Intelligence of AIM let out a cry of frustration as he deactivated the monitor showing the Avengers standing triumphant.

"Goddamn it!" He snapped, tossing away the remote control with anger, causing it to shatter against the wall of the tower ballroom he was occupying.

"Nuke failed?" Madame Hydra asked, completely calm alongside her raging colleague.

"...of course he did." The Intelligence sighed, pure venom in his voice, he placed his hand next to a small metal container.

"But that doesn't mean WE failed."

"Nuke's distration succeeded, anyway." Madame Hydra pointed out as the Intelligence opened the container revealing a single vial of black, alien slime. It wriggled from within the glass container. "With the Avengers occupied elsewhere, we gained exactly what we needed."

"And now..." The Intelligence muttered, transfixed by the alien symbiote in his hand. "Nobody will be able to stand against us..."

To be continued?

AdmiralLogic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@tommythehitman:

(Cool! I'll need to come back later to finish checking it out.)

TommytheHitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

AdmiralLogic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TommytheHitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

AdmiralLogic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

AdmiralLogic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TommytheHitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

AdmiralLogic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tommythehitman: T'challa for sure! He's always been my favorite avenger and you did him very well!

TommytheHitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

AdmiralLogic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

@tommythehitman: Who is this Intelligence? That’s the main question I'm asking. Also seems like it wasn't just the Consortium stealing lots from the weapons auction.

TommytheHitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@impurestcheese: It had nothing to do with the auction Cheese. And the Intelligence shown is the AIM Intelligence.

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tommythehitman: And that is? Can't find a character called 'the AIM Intelligence'

TommytheHitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tommythehitman: The Kree Supreme Intelligence? What happened to George (MODOK)?

TommytheHitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@impurestcheese: I may be thinking of something else. Wasn't there a SI in the Iron Man cartoon?

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TommytheHitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By TommytheHitman
ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 92

User Lists: 1268

@tommythehitman: First, I enjoyed the story. A few things here though: 1) I thought MK was supposed to be street level guys only? 2) Even beaten, I cannot imagine Cap saying, "Why don't you just kill me?" I could see him telling someone, "I'm not telling you anything, so you may as well kill me if you're going to." 3) Once Cap had freed himself, he showed no signs of having been beaten as described when we first saw him. His costume was shredded and face was all bruised. At the least, someone should have shown surprise at how he looked.

Still, you wrote the team well here. :)

TommytheHitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cbishop: Thank you very much, 1. This was basically just establishing the Avengers of this universe for the public use, also I put it in a relatively street environment to keep it fair. 2. I think it was more of a question then requesting it but I see your point. 3. Fair point, although the Avengers probably assumed Cap was gonna be pretty bruised.

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 92

User Lists: 1268

@tommythehitman: Even with that assumption, Cap was out there leading and fighting like he hadn't been beaten, hanging by chains and just broken his finger. Cap's kind of a flag-draped Timex- keeps a licking, keeps on ticking. Just felt like, "Licking? What licking?" lol

Avatar image for guardiandevil83
Guardiandevil83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What the neck did Nuke think a team of Mercs were going to do to Carol and Thor?

Great read as always

TommytheHitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for guardiandevil83
Guardiandevil83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tommythehitman: I was like, "Mercenaries vs Carol Danvers and Thor Odinson, shortest. Fight. In. History."

I like how you write him insane. He is like an advanced case of PTSD lol

TommytheHitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@guardiandevil83: To be honest I only included those choppers just to give Thor and Iron Man something to do, considering they're my least favourite of this roster.

TommytheHitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump!