Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

Great Power

New York City

"Oh man..."

A grey webline shot onto a nearby skyscraper as a figure clad in red and blue spandex swung his way through the concrete jungle of Manhattan.

"This isn't how I thought my day woud go when I woke up this morning." Peter Parker, the Amazing Spider-Man grumbled to himself before landing upon the side of the Daily Bugle building overlooking the chaos erupting far below on the streets. It was a cold, winter's morning, with a white blanket of snow covering the entirety of New York.

A giant Mech wasn't an uncommon sight nowadays, while it wasn't considered normal to see a mechanised troop tearing through buildings, people weren't as surprised by it as they had once been. A lot of things had changed since the Midtown High field trip so many years ago.

"FLEE!" The mech bellowed before unleashing a barrage of machine gun bullets from its rapidly transforming amrs. "Flee before the power of the Mech Master!"

Spider-Man let out a little sigh before leaping into action, fighting giant robots was really Iron Man and the Avengers' thing. He fired a webline down to the mech below and allowed his body to plummet towards it, all while thinking of a witty wisecrack.

"Mech Master?!" Peter yelled upon landing atop the mech's large, circular body. "What? Was Tin-Can Man already taken?" He asked while shooting a web onto the back of one of the mech's gun arms and yanked it towards him, steering the bullets away from the civilians fleeing in terror.

Priorities. Dead civilians were a big no when it came to being a superhero. Peter didn't want to lose his right to a superhero trading card.

"Spider-Man!" A faint tingling filled the back of Peter's skull, instinctively he twisted his body to the side, narrowling avoiding an electric buzz saw attached to the mech's other arm. Peter gripped one of the black, chunky wires dangling from the arm and plucked it out like a starving man plucking apples out of a tree. He tried to show enthusiasim everywhere he went.

The arm's fingers went berserk and began to freak out, each of them spinning out of control and resulting in the buzz saw chipping away into the mech's own arm.

"That's my name!" Peter yelled before flipping through the air and landing on the street just before the towering behemoth. "Responsibility's the game!" He said as the mech's pilot manually detached the malfunctioning arm, discarding it on the street. "And tearing up a public street in broad day light?" Peter stood to his feet and looked up at the pilot through the sheet of bulletproof glass directly in the center of the robot's suit. "That's pretty irresponsible!"

"I've always wanted to kill an Avenger!" Mech Master's arm shifted into a large, dangerous missile launcher which pointed towards the wall crawler, seemingly locking onto his frame. "I suppose you'll do!"

"That's the thing, chum." Peter said while tensing his body into a combative stance, back hunched up and legs bent down to prepare to perform some complex acrobatic movements. "I'm not an Avenger!" He grinned beneath his mask. "They wouldn't return my calls! Actually, I'm your friendly neighbourhood Spid-"

Before Spider-Man could finish his epic oneliner the sound of Taylor Swift's 'Bad Blood' filled the air, coming from his suit pocket. Peter chuckled nervously and pulled out his ringing cell phone, completely embarassed. He'd always had terrible taste in music.

"Uh... do you mind if I take this?" He was answered by a small missile slamming into his chest, sending him crashing through the window of a nearby laundromat.

"Ugh... hello?" He groaned upon putting the phone to his ear, Mech Master resuming his rampage outside, not bothering to check on the webslinger.

"Peter. It's Christmas Eve." The voice of the love of Peter's life, Mary Jane Watson echoed through the speaker. "You left to get some fresh milk over an hour ago! Where are you?"

Spider-Man leaped through the shattered glass window, back into the street and began to follow the path of twisted metal and destruction Mech Master had left in his wake. He jumped into the air and began swinging through the streets, his free hand still clutching at his mobile.

"I got... distracted." He admitted, the sound of screams and gunfire starting to grow closer. "Tell Aunt May I'll be back soon. Ten minutes. Tops!"

Mary Jane sounded uncertain, this wasn't the first time Peter had been 'distracted'. "Alright Peter. But-"

"Okay, bye!" Peter yelled as his spider sense began tingling, he tossed his phone back into his pocket and braced for action. In the distance he saw a flaming missile shoot through the dust and snow filling the air. "God I love this job!" He added before swinging up into the air and twirling, narrowly avoiding the rocket. He crashed down to the ground, sending dust flying up around him.

Just after he'd gotten his suit cleaned...

"You're starting to annoy me." Mech Master growled as he loomed through the dust. "Here I am. Just trying to enjoy some mindless destruction... and you keep interrupting."

"It's part of my charm." Peter replied just as orange flame shot from the mech's wrist, apparently machine guns and rockets weren't enough of an arsenal for this guy.

Spider-Man shot up onto a nearby lamp post, avoiding the blazing heat before springing forward directly towards the robot and punching the behemoth with all his might, sending the machine crashing into a nearby office building. The pilot lay in the machine's cockpit, unconscious and surrounded by shattered glass.

Not taking any chances, Peter webbed him up into a cocoon and stuck a friendly note on his forehead, just so the police knew it was him.

"Everyone alright in here?" Spidey asked, making a quick check on the people inside the building Mech Master had stumbled into. They all seemed fine, just a bit shocked.

"Ain't you that superhero guy?" An accountant asked, his eyes filled with curiosity as he peeked up from behind the safety of his desk. Peter jumped into the building and rubbed the back of his scalp, a piece of his brown hair sticking out through a small cut near the top.

"You guys are working on Christmas Eve." He answered. "You're the real superheroes." Everyone in the building stared at the Spectacular Spider-Man with confusion, all of them unsure what to make of him. "Hey..." Peter said, suddenly remembering the reason he'd made this trip in the first place. "Do you guys have any milk? Preferably bluetop."

Less then ten minutes later and Peter was back on the move, spare clothes webbed into a pack on his back as he landed in his apartment building's hallway and switched clothes with unnatural speed that only came with years of practive. Quickly he shoved his mask, gloves and boots into his trouser pocket and opened the door.

"I'm back!" Peter yelled cheerfully, Christmas jumper over his torso and a carton of milk in hand as he stepped into his home. "And I ACTUALLY got what you wanted!" He added.

"Oh Peter." Aunt May looked at her nephew from the couch where the TV was showing footage of the aftermath of Peter's battle with the mech. Damage Control and Emergency Services were busy cleaning up the scene. "I was SO worried abput you!" She said before throwing her arms around the young man she had practically raised since birth.

"Don't worry Aunt May." Peter said before placing the milk on the kitchen table. "I wasn't anywhere near that mech guy."

"No..." May said, smiling slightly at her nephew's answer. "You went outside without a coat... and New York get's very cold this time of year."

The old woman's face softened as she returned to her seat, she wasn't as young as she had once been... and it was becoming more apparent each day that her best years were all gone. The figure of J Jonah Jameson filled the screen, clearly infuriated about something. Every time he appeared on a News station, the station's ratings doubled.

"I can handle it, Aunt May." Peter said.

"I know, Petey." She said, starting to unwind and relax. "It's just... sometimes I worry so much."

"He's a menace!" Jameson blared from the TV. "Clearly the webhead was in cahoots with the-"

Peter clicked the TV off with a flick of a switch. He didn't need to hear that on Christmas.

"Merry Christmas, tiger." Peter grinned as Mary Jane wrapped her arms around him. He pecked her on the cheek as they all headed towards the dinner table where a freshy prepared turkey was waiting.

"Thank you both for having me." May said upon taking her place at the table. Peter and MJ both smiled at each other, the two having grown from simply being High School friends.

"We wouldn't have it any other way, May." Mary Jane said as they all started to tuck in. "How's your day been, Peter?" She asked as her boyfriend popped open the milk carton and poured himself a glass.

"Y'know what MK?" Peter smiled. "I've head a great day. A great year in fact! Loved every minute of it!" He raised the glass to his lips. "Let's all hope next year's just as g-" He took a sip and immediately gagged, spewing milk everywhere. "Gross!" He yelled, placing the glass back onto the table.

"What's up?" Mary Jane asked. Peter rolled at his eyes, amazed at his bad luck.

"The milk went bad..."

Next Issue: Great Responsibility!

The Marvel Knights are recruiting! If you feel like joining, simply pay a visit to the Sign Up thread and leave a comment!

TommytheHitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

TommytheHitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

AdmiralLogic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tommythehitman: Yeah that's his small suit there, he also went by the name Mechano-Marauder

waezi2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 92

User Lists: 1268

TommytheHitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@waezi2: merry Christmas to you too Waezi.

lol is right.@cbishop:

Avatar image for guardiandevil83
Guardiandevil83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Gosh the Old feeble Aunt May is annoying. Sorry for the negativity it was a sweet story... But now I know why Impurest had her killed. Lol

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for guardiandevil83
Guardiandevil83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@impurestcheese: lol. I feel bad for thinking it. I remember even being shocked after you did it.

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

waezi2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1