Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By Monarch_Chronicle

Prelude:

Yesterday, 10:30 AM

“Have you even woken up wishing you were a different person? That you could evolve to something better? Be it the desire to be taller, faster, stronger, and smarter. Well with the latest advancements in genetic engineering, this will no longer be a fantasy.”

The walls were high and lined with nothing but screens. The advertisement, being run on loop, was that of a short, plump, middle-aged women entering a room, the narrator would spout on about some bull****. And out would pop a tall, thin, younger version. Promises of beauty, strength, and intelligence, much like a fortune-teller preforming a cold reading on a mesmerized crowd, a crowd that would soon be voting on the future ethical implications of genetic engineering. No conflict of interest there.

John Walker, aka the U.S Agent, patrolled along the catwalk of New York’s J. Jonah Jameson's convention center (the JJJCC for short, ya short). The 4th annual summit on Human Gene Editing was taking place feet below him. Normally he would not have taken such a basic beat, but a legitimate bomb threat was made...well that and he had been having issues getting back on the saddle for the last few months.

“Sir?”

Walker jumped a little and turned around ready to attack only to see two men dressed in security detail facing him. They had a pen and photo. He had to catch himself. He was too much on edge.

“Right…” he said after a strained silence. Crap of course they wanted an autograph.

The man on the right nudged the other forward. The man stumbled forward and then saw Walker’s expression and quickly spoke “Look it’s for my daughter, you are her hero. Would you mind?”

It wasn’t the autograph that bugged Walker, or the fact that the man was clearly lying. No little girl in her right mind would idolize him with She-hulk and Danvors running around. It was the fact that he had lost his nerve, even momentarily. “I’ve been away too long” Walker said to himself.

“Ok hand it over here, what’s the little girls na—“

BANG!

The windows shattered and glass rained down like hail in storm. The concrete pillars seemed to bend and twist before finally giving way. The sound of thick concrete cracking ripped through the air as if someone had fired a rifle.

Instinctively, John grabbed the stunned father and propelled both of them towards the third man. Reaching his destination in a fraction of a second, Walker twisted his body, shoving both men under him while he lodged his shield between a cracked pillar and a fallen beam from the railing above.

“STAY!” he shouted as he turned and hurled himself off the railing, falling a few stories to the ground level.

What the hell was that? As he tried to get his bearings a second impact, this one large enough to knock him off his feet, hit the building.

He lost his footing and slide, and as he did so he aimed himself. “God be damned if I wasn’t trained better” he thought trying to minimize the cuts from the broken glass on his back. He could hear the cries and shouts of panic coming from the main hall. But even as he lifted himself up and ran towards the main hall he could not help but noticing there was no smoke or fire. This was no bomb.

Chapter One:

Present Day, Time unknown

They were the best. That line gets tossed around a lot. And I mean a lot. Brave men and women put their lives on the line for this city and country every second, and when some whack-job with a bomb presses the button, that’s all the families hear at the funeral. Not to demean but hardly every gunned down cop or soldier can be the best.

But in Hayes case, well he was the best.

Trained with the seals, the national-guard, and a few big name metas. He served three rotations in Sharzard and one in Latveria (hush-hush of course), and he climbed the ranks pretty well too. You know, climbed without getting a whole lot of brown on that black nose of his. He was a godsend when those boots stepped on our department door. He didn’t need us. But we needed him.

“Wish I could say we done right by Henry. But we failed him…I failed him.”

“Is there a point in there somewhere? Get on with the report Agent Walker.”

John Walker looked up, refocusing his eyes, he didn’t realize it but he was staring off past the men seated behind boardroom desks. He remembered where he was. This isn’t the time he thought, I can’t freeze like this, not now.

“Take us through it, how could this have happened” one of the men said. “Who did you see, Agent?”

“Alright” said Walker.

John sat down and leaned in a way he hoped intimidated, because being impressive meant credibility, and god did he need the credibility. Turning towards the men who would decide his best friend’s fate he started.

“Let’s talk about six months ago…”

Next Issue: Deathlok #2, Six Months Prior!

If you want to join Marvel Knights be sure to head to our Sign Up Thread and leave a comment!

Avatar image for monarch_chronicle
Monarch_Chronicle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 13

#3 batkevin74  Online

@monarch_chronicle: You sure this is a Deathlok title, coz he didn't even pop up! Nice to see US Agent, a very underrated character and often used as nasty Cap because writers are lazy. Good, intriguing becuase I want to see WHO is going to be Deathlok

Monarch_Chronicle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Monarch_Chronicle

@batkevin74: Ha! Yea ik, I realized halfway through planning that my protagonist doesn't even show up until the second issue! I hope his absence will be forgiven. Thanks for the feedback, Walker has a lot of potential being overshadowed by cap and I hope to play with that

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

@monarch_chronicle: Yeah a USAgent title. You were right though, a short and sweet entry (nothing wrong with that by the way) evrn if there was no Deathlock

TommytheHitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Very well written first issue. I like the idea of leaving Deathlok till the next issue however I feel like it's going to be strange when the focus shifts from USAgent to the homocidal machine.

boschePG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

@monarch_chronicle: Im a USAgent fan so it was good to see him.

A little correction, it should be: he trained with SEALs not seals. Navy SEALs is an acronym

Im also going to assume we are altering USAgent a little. I know he got his arm a leg blown off and then healed by an alternate dimension Venom symbiote. The back injuries he sustained led me to he didnt have the upgrade

Also, the guys with the autograph thought he was supposed to be Captain America from afar, huh?

Monarch_Chronicle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Monarch_Chronicle

@boschepg: Thanks for the correction

He hasn't had any upgrades as of yet, no. But that could change down the line.He is still the jerky captain everyone hates/love, just more fleshed out.

Yes! Glad u caught that. one of the things U.S Agent hates so much is that people mistake him for cap. It's his own fault but it still annoys him.