DickGrayson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By DickGrayson

Underground, Zhang Chin III's Lab#2

Zhang stood, watching his workers proceeding with the operation: Operation Savior.

The Iron Army has ruled for hundreds of years and an idea was forged; an idea of a savior. The team acquired the DNA of James Barnes, the sidekick of Captain America in World War II, a feat that not even Dr Nathaniel Essex had managed to do. The files of his skills proved he would be a great asset, a start to a new rebellion, all starting with one small project, or so they thought. The team worked for five years underground, and now they had all of the ingredients. Zhang Chin III led the operation and kept it going all these years. He followed the footsteps of his ancestors, the amazing work they have done. All of it.

"Begin the process!" Zhang spoke, staring through his glasses at the team in the lab below. Dr John Barker, the man who handled the DNA, disproved of the idea and had done so since the beginning of the project. But they kept paying them and he kept working, though he’d become more vocal on his disproval as the finish line drew closer. John slipped a fair amount of Barnes’ DNA into his white glove and began to cough. He excused himself and rushed to his quarters. Zhang watched all this, then stepped over to the security camera.

“Replay lab camera’s 9 through 14!” Zhang placed his hands behind his back and eyes narrowed as he watched what the human eye missed. The team waited for John, assuming their best scientist would return.

Zhang announced on the speakers, with great rage in his voice “Doctor Barker has stolen DNA from Operation Savior! Find him! Execute him! NOW!" Zhang turned his eyes to the hundreds of cameras in the facility, looking for John.

John placed the DNA into a specially prepared container, into his pre-packed bag containg all of the lab equipment he would need. He could hear people rushing towards his quarters. He smashed the secret camera in the clock with a saucepan and headed down the corridor towards the only exit from the facility.

There he is! yelled a guard and the team of five chased after him

John stopped at the large metallic door and provided the correct code and retina scan. A shot rang out. John ducked and removed a blaster pistol from his coat, firing back at people he once knew, worked with, for. The metal door slid open. John darted out the door. The men all stopped in their tracks, no one dared to leave the facility.

Zhang Chin II'sAbandoned Facility, Ningxia China

John arrived at the abandoned facility several days later.

"There should be more equipment" he thought as he wandered about the damaged site that the Iron Army had raided nine years ago.

“Nine years. A handful of DNA isn’t much to show for nine years”

John entered the gene-lab. Most of the damage was thankfully cosmetic. It was cobwebbed, plague snake infested but on the whole it looked salvageable. John rolled up his sleeves and got to work.

Days later and John had the lab up to running at a bare minimum. He unpacked his precious cargo and placed it into the machine. By his calculations he had enough power to have one shot at this. That shot was a 33.3% chance of making the Savior. There was also a 33.3% chance of creating a dreaded Winter Soldier. There was also a 33.3% chance that it wouldn’t work with this out of date equipment. There was also a 0.01 % chance he blew everything up. These variables hadn’t been calculated by Zhang, hell they hadn’t even been considered. It was all or nothing with him.

John activated the machine. He watched in amazement as blue light throbbed from the machine and it rattled like a wonky washing machine...

Avatar image for redrobintimdrake
RedRobinTimDrake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By RedRobinTimDrake

AWESOME!! cant wait to see what happens next

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 13

#3  Edited By batkevin74

@DickGrayson: It's good, little disjointed at the end though. Sent you a PM with some suggestions/edit/grammar + spelling corrections. Do with it as you wish.

Avatar image for the_impersonator
The Impersonator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 50

#4  Edited By The Impersonator

Dude, this chapter is great. It makes me wanna read the current Winter Soldier ongoing series. =P

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By batkevin74

@DickGrayson: Well done! I want more! Please write parts 2-12 NOW! :) Good job

DickGrayson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By DickGrayson

Avatar image for the_impersonator
The Impersonator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 50

#7  Edited By The Impersonator

@DickGrayson said:

You're welcome. :)

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By joshmightbe

I've read this before but forgot to comment but Good job

DickGrayson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By DickGrayson

@joshmightbe: Thanks.

TheCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 47

#10  Edited By TheCannon

I JUST realized I didn't comment on this before. I love it, along with the rest of the series. I'm going to read them again today.

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By batkevin74

Casual bump to put all five near each other

4donkeyjohnson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#12  Edited By 4donkeyjohnson

I like the idea that he could possibly build a good guy or a bad guy, weighed up the options and went ahead. Good work