Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By TommytheHitman

Here Comes Daredevil!: Part 6

No Caption Provided

New York City, the Bronze.

The stench of smoke was a black curse filling the air like a cancer, slowly spreading around and planting its roots deep within anyone that was unfortunate enough to be nearby. Brick Simpson took another whiff from his cigar before placing it carefully on the ash tray just on the edge of his old, wooden desk.

"Alright Leeds." He said with his old, grizzled voice. "Tell me what you've got." Abigail was stood nervously by the entrance to his office, it was almost as if she didn't want to be there. Despite her usual over confident attitude even she was unsure about the information she'd gathered. The femme fatale began to speak only to be interrupted by the editor. "And it better be good!" He added, brown cigar once again in his hand, mere inches away from his lips.

"I think I've figured out who Daredevil is." She said, hands behind her back like a nervous school girl. "The new one, not the... not the other ones that disappeared." Brick's eyes locked onto her, displaying his interest without him needing to say anything. Abigail continued, getting to the strange part. "I think he's Rick the janitor."

That was where she lost him.

"Get out." Brick told her. Abigail's face turned bright red with embarassment, she felt like a toddler trying to swim in the Atlantic ocean, she was out of her depth.

"Listen to me!" She told him, not willing to give up so easily. "The other night when I met the vigilante he was wearing a full frontal mask!" Abbie mimed with her hands, covering the entirety of her face with her palm. "But other reports of this guy have said he only wears half a mask!" Her hands altered position so that they only covered the top half of her skull.

"So?" Brick asked, irritated that the discussion was taking up his time. Abigail sighed and stepped towards the editor's desk, growing more confident in her abilities.

"He clearly thinks I'd know something if he revealed his race!" She exclaimed, hands waving around her body like she was swatting at insects. "It means I know him! And when you take into account how close I was to the Bronze building when he saved me it's pretty obvious he works here!" She paused. "And NOT because I don't have a social life!"

Brick was silent. His mind quickly began processing all the information he'd just been bombarded with, finally he looked up at the insane woman stood inches away from him.

"You're full of Stark, Leeds."

"But..." Abbie said, lips morphing into a smirk.

"But you have a point." He admitted, standing from his desk he began to put a plan together. "Go get Rick. We'll talk to him, see what we can find."

Abigail glanced at her watch and rolled her eyes. "His shift doesn't start for another hour." She let out a little groan. "But I'll-"

THUMP!

The two staff members nearly jumped out of their skin as a figure dressed in a red and blue costume landed on the glass window pointing out into the city.

"Hi guys!" Spider-Man yelled while tossing a man wrapped in a web cocoon into the room. He crawled in through the open glass and dropped to the floor. "Anyone order a waste of humanity?" He asked. "If not... tough!" Abigail and Brick both glanced at each other in shock. Then they looked at the criminal by their feet.

"Looks like we've got a story." Abigail muttered, her smirk turning into a grin.

"I have to ask... why the new mask?"

Daredevil and Corporal America both landed expertly on top of a passing hovervan before leaping across to the closest rooftop, the two unnoticed by the pedestrians below. The Devil of Hell's Kitchen was now wearing a mask that covered the whole of his face, a costume change he'd failed to explain to the Corporal.

"Just in case." The Devil said while using a nearby fire escape to quickly climb up the side of a building. "The woman we're seeing is perceptive."

"Fair enough." The Corporal said while pulling himself up over the edge. The two continued in silence, both letting the sensation of moving across the rooftops wash over their bodies before jumping through an office window and rolling into the Bronze newspaper's editing room. Daredevil sensed all heads in the room turning towards him, the Corporal braced behind him, raising his shield slightly into a defensive position.

"Calm down." He told him. "They're friends."

"Hi guys!" Spider-Man was perched on the wall by the main entrance to the room, right below him was Abigail who was sat across from the criminal Deacon Wright. The scum was busy telling the reporter everything he knew about the Fixer and his business. Brick Simpson was stood by the window, puffing his foul cigars and clearly nervous about the whole situation.

"It's like a goddamn circus in here." He grumbled to himself upon getting sight of the Devil and the Corporal.

"Gentlemen." Daredevil said, stepping forward as Corporal America relaxed and holstered his shield. "And lady." He added upon noticing Abigail's heartbeat begin to pick up. "How's the interrogation going?" He placed his hands on the back of the chair that Deacon was sat on and smiled upon sensing the fear his presence caused in the criminal.

"I... I'm telling them everything I know!" Deacon yelled, trying to stay in the Devil's good books. "Nothing's staying hidden!"

"Good."

Corporal America watched in silent contemplation as Daredevil began asking a series of questions to the criminal, the shield on his back revealed his feelings on the vigilante's method of getting answers. He wasn't a fan of torture, or even violence in general. He preferred to only use it as a last resort... but Daredevil seemed to relish in the fear he created. From the legend's perspecitve the Devil of Hell's Kitchen was hypocritical. He sought to stop the violence in his city with more violence.

"It won't be enough." Abigail sighed once Deacon had finished telling his story. "This won't bring the Fixer down. His lawyers are too good to let these little snippets slip him up."

"Well that's perfect!" Spider-Man chuckled. "Guess I didn't need to drag this guy around for half an hour!"

"It doesn't matter." Daredevil said, voice completely calm and serious. "If we just bring him out into the open he'll have nowhere t-"

"Daredevil." Corporal America stood to his full height, spreading his natural authority to everyone in the room. The star upon his chest drew everyone's eyes, except for the vigilante's, he simply stood in place and seemed to peer over his shoulder. "Can we talk?"

The Man Without Fear seemed to hesitate before giving the Corporal his full attention. The Devil seemed annoyed at the interruption.

"Get writing the expose." He told Abbie before following the Star Sprangled Man out through the window where they could speak in private. Spider-Man watched his two allies leave before glancing down at the editor who was looking up at him with large, focused eyes.

"Hey." He muttered from his perch. "How's it hanging?"

"That was some fine work back there." Corporal America stood on the edge of the rooftop like he was striking a pose for the cover of a magazine. "Both in the field and behind the scenes. I'm impressed." He didn't smile, instead he simply nodded with respect. "Trying to take on the criminal underworld is quite the challenge. It can't be easy."

"I getby." Daredevil said, arms folded around his chest like he was trying to look unimpressed. "What do you want?" He asked.

The Corporal frowned, he stepped down from the roof's edge and faced his ally. "The Iron Soldier we fought in the alley... he seemed to know you."

"He didn't. I have no idea who he is. Once the Iron Army realize I'm not their target they'll give up, refocus their efforts."

"That's not how the Supreme Commander works." The Soldier explained, shield strapped around his wrist. "You've offended him, humiliated his army." He paused and lowered his head. "When you first started this little escapade you barely had their notice, but now..." He looked right at Daredevil, sending a tingle down his spine. "Now they'll all be coming."

"What are you saying?"

For the first time Corporal America smiled.

"I'm saying you don't have to face it alone."

Something was wrong.

The Fixer had just returned from his meeting with the other crime lords of New York, a squad of armed thugs covered him from all sides, as he stepped down from his personal hovercar and entered the safehouse he had kept near the outskirts of New York he felt uneasy, scared.

He didn't know why.

"Sir." His assistant said once he entered the safehouse's main living area. "We have a situation." The man continued speaking without the Fixer's consent. The two had known each other long enough for the Fixer to consider his assistant a friend. "One of our men, Deacon Wright has disappeared. He was last seen in Hell's Kitchen, being beaten up by Spider-Man and the new Daredevil."

"Didn't I tell you to take care of him?" Fixer asked, anger flaring in his eyes at the incompetence surrounding him.

"He escaped sir, crashed the hovervan he was in, destroying all the product that Melchett supplied us for the next week."

The Fixer's fist slammed into the nearby wall, causing white, hot pain to shoot through him as he felt his knuckles crack from the impact.

"Find Deacon." He ordered, voice deep and poweful. His body breathed heavily from the brief surge of anger he'd let himself endulge. "Put a bullet in his head. The Devil as well."

"Civillian casualties?"

The crimelord rubbed his injured hand.

"Do I look like I give a Stark?" He asked.

Next Issue: Assault on the Bronze!

TommytheHitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 92

User Lists: 1268

Time_Phantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Things are getting tense for Daredevil. I really like this!

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 13

@tommythehitman: Boom! Action on one side, intrigue and potential discovery on the other. Daredevil's pretty cool, is his new mask anti-psychic or something since it's full face or just for the cool factor?

Considering leaving Corporal America in your care as you're doing a good job with him :)

TommytheHitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@batkevin74: The mask as mentioned is to keep as much of DD's appearance a secret from Abbie as possible, which is why he only wears it when she's around. He knows how smart she is and is trying to keep any details of his true identity a secret from her.

@Time_Phantom: Thanks!

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

Hmm I wonder how (not Norbet) the Fixer can fix his growing problems

TommytheHitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers