joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 13

Edited By joshmightbe

Security log: Corporal J. Harker, designation Vault security officer week 2

I've just been assigned to a position as a watch lead for security at the Vault. I'm told the place is more than 200 years old and built specifically to hold the most dangerous people on Earth. I know it may not seem like an important job but I see it as a way to prove myself. My father Colonel David Harker is a great hero of the Iron army, he died helping prevent the escape of a prisoner here. I'm standing in front of the cell of the man they say killed my father but it can't be him, my father died almost 15 years ago but the man in this cell is only slightly older than me.

Bennet Du Paris is the name listed. The other guards have told me that he's been a prisoner here since before most of the other inmates had even been born. He's a mutant apparently, I'm told the supreme commander himself put him in here, there is no more secure place in the world than this man's cell. He's fitted with one of the most well maintained power inhibitor I've ever seen, all the walls and even the bars and door are made of solid 3 foot thick adamantium, he even has a vibranium muzzle over his face and still the guards are nervous around him. I'm not sure if it's actually him they fear or how the supreme commander would react if he was ever set loose. He doesn't seem to sleep and apparently doesn't eat much if at all. One of my fellow watch leaders said that he continues to live just to spite our leader.

I tried to look up Du Paris' records on my off time, because I couldn't shake my curiosity about him. I learned that he was indeed very old, no birth date was listed on his files but it's said he once fought along side Magneto and his Acolytes in the days before the Iron army even existed but there was little else that I had clearance to read about. I can't say why, but I just can't get those eyes out of my head. His cold stare digs into my brain. I suppose I'll get used to it eventually.

Security log: Corporal J. Harker, designation Vault security officer week 4

It's been a weird week, I keep hearing things that no one else does when I'm working my shift. I think maybe some of the other guards are having some fun at my expense. Every now and then I see things that aren't there, maybe it's just one of the guys playing with their holo-phones. Those things are banned from here, I should probably report the incidents.

I haven't been sleeping well lately, I may need to request the day off to see the medics. I can't close my eyes without seeing Du Paris' eyes staring at me. I need to relax, he's not a bogie man, so long as his power inhibitor is working properly. I know I remember it looking in perfect condition but I keep thinking I saw something wrong with it but when I try to remember I get dizzy.

Security log: Corporal J. Harker, designation Vault security officer week 8

I haven't slept in weeks, I can barely eat. What the hell is wrong with me? I went to see the medics and they said they couldn't find anything wrong with me, useless quacks I tell you. I've had enough tomorrow I'm going to find out what's happening. I'm going to look Du Paris strait in those creepy eyes and demand an explanation.

Security log: Captain S. Davis, designation Vault security cheif

Bennet Du Paris has escaped, Corporal J. Harker was found dead in his cell along with Du Paris' muzzle and a burnt out power inhibitor. Apparently the thing had been running at a quarter efficiency for a little over 2 months now. God know what Du Paris had been doing to the poor man's head. Many of his fellow officers have come forward about Harker being seen talking to himself about Du Paris and muttering some nonsense about files telling him the guy was one of Magneto's acolytes. It's a real shame too, I'm sad to be the one to have to tell his father he died. Apparently according to some of the guards Harker actually seemed to think his father had been dead for 15 years before he'd been assigned here.

PrinceIMC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By PrinceIMC

Niiiiiiice, I love Exodus.

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2  Edited By batkevin74

I always wondered what would happen if an immortal got given a life sentence

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By joshmightbe

@batkevin74: especially an immortal with a lot of power who knows how to hold a grudge

AweSam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By AweSam

That was cool. Nice job.

Avatar image for tomdickharry1984
tomdickharry1984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By tomdickharry1984

Go away for the weekend...great job

gaetzan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By gaetzan

wouw cool story

gaetz.

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By batkevin74

Bit of Iron Age history for you

Avatar image for tomdickharry1984
tomdickharry1984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By tomdickharry1984

Okay so it's the prison thing, read it

4donkeyjohnson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By 4donkeyjohnson

Slowly working my way through the Iron Age origins. After that @joshmightbe, which should I read to keep the order/continuity correct is there anything or any series I should read before another?

AweSam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By AweSam

@4donkeyjohnson said:

Slowly working my way through the Iron Age origins. After that @joshmightbe, which should I read to keep the order/continuity correct is there anything or any series I should read before another?

I think we should make a timeline for the stories.

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Next

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers