Marvel: Iron Age - Spider-Man vs ...... - Part 3

PrinceIMC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By PrinceIMC

THE CHARACTERS IN THIS STORY ARE BASED OFF CHARACTERS AND SETTINGS THAT ARE THE PROPERTY OF MARVEL INC. AND THEIR RESPECTIVE AFFILIATES. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED, I THOUGHT OF THE STORY BUT THE WORLD IS THEIRS.

(Continued from the previous chapter: Marvel: Iron Age - Spider-Man vs ...... - Part 2)

Brooklyn, New York City

Well time to get another raid underway. In recent weeks I've begun working closer and closer with Hamster and Molotov. We haven't told each other our secret identities but I've figured out that Hamster's real name is Jack and Molotov's is Molly because they occasionally slip up and call themselves their real names. It seems Hamster is some kind of engineer who invented the force field device he wears while Molotov was in some kind of lab accident that gave her powers.

At first their hesitant to trust me but seeing as I am a Spider and I let them get away with the food the first time we met they know I'm not with Ferrum or the Iron Army. This mission will prove my worth to them, hopefully. They're the distraction while I raid the food truck myself.

I see the truck approaching and I'm grateful that my suit's stealth systems are operational. I drop down on top of the flying truck with no sound and climb my way towards the back. My spider-sense reaches out and detects someone in the back with the food but one guard shouldn't be a problem. Reaching the doors I use my tactile telekinesis to rip the door off and swing in to the back of the truck. The sight that greets me isn't some run of the mill Iron Soldier, it is some kinda of specialized armor that looks almost lizard-like.

"I've been riding around in the backs of food trucks all week waiting for you to show up Spider-Man. Now I get to test my Chameleon armor against you."

~Chameleon armor? First a Vulture, then a Rhino and now a Chameleon. These are definitely not coincidences anymore.~

The Chameleon lashes out with incredible speed nearly catching the front of my suit. Fortunately I'm able to move out of the way before he can reach me. Unfortunately as I dodge backwards I nearly fall out the back of the truck. Chameleon's next attack causes us to tumble out into mid air. It is only a quick web-line from both arms that keeps us with the truck. The Chameleon keeps fighting though hitting me while I just try to keep us from falling.

"Hey guy, I don't know of you realize this but I'm the only thing keeping us from splatting on the ground below."

Of course as Spider-Man I'd be fine, I could web-line to a building but I need to keep close to the truck to get the food. The Chameleon doesn't seem to care and just continues to pummel me about the chest and shoulders. I manage to get my feet in between us and slam him back into the back of the truck with such force that he crashes into the pilot's cabin. Knocking out the pilot we crash into the side of a building and the truck's safety mechanisms engage and we bounce to the ground gently.

"Well that works apparently."

Thinking that it's over I start gathering up the food. Then suddenly I'm being pummeled again but this time by an invisible assailant.

"I don't think so Spider-Man. Why do you think I call myself the Chameleon?"

The invisible attacker continues to assault me, I know he's there but even with my spider-sense I have a hard time figuring out where he might be. It's times like this I wish my spider-sense were a danger sense and not just an extension of my tactile telekinesis and senses of touch and sound. Again luckily for me those stealth systems must have caused him to limit the armor's physical attributes. But even if he isn't stronger than me he's definitely fast, maybe as fast as me.

"You know that's a myth right? The whole 'blending in to the surroundings' thing. They change color based on mood, not on environment."

I say while leaping out of the back of the truck. Talking seemed to help unnerve the past two animal armors that have come after me. I think out in the open I'll be able to get a better feel for where this invisible assailant is. Sure my spider-sense helps but I often rely on sight as well...something that isn't going to help me here.

"Feeling boxed in wall-crawler?"

The invisible attacker says. A large sack of food is thrown my way which is rather easily dealt with. I swing at the place where the attack came from but he's no longer there. Suddenly I'm hit again from behind and can tell this fight is going to take it's toll if I keep getting hit by an invisible attacker.

"I keep finding myself fighting people named after animals? What is with that? Are you some kind of Zoo-Crew trying to make a name for themselves by bringing down Spider-Man?"

Another strike to the back of my neck, I spin around again and he's gone. This is really getting frustrating. I can feel him out there but I'm having a hard time pinning him down. Like my eyes and my other senses are working against each other...well if my eyes are betraying me then I'll have to take them out of the equation.

The next time an attack comes I close my eyes and just go by my hearing and touch and spider-sense. I catch the Chameleon's arm and twist causing him to lose ballance. He recovers quickly though and dances away from my swipes.

"How'd you do that? You can't see me."

The Chameleon asks.

"You're right, I can't see you. But I know where you are."

I leap at him and he leaps away scurrying up the side of a building. I arch an eyebrow over my closed eyes and follow him. He's waiting at the top trying to get the drop on mye again but I fling myself well over the edge of the roof and land behind him. As he turns and gets his bearings I fire a ball of impact webbing at him knocking him back as well as trapping his arms at his sides. He falls over the side of the building. I rush forward and fire a line of webbing to keep him from falling to the street below though he is still held immobile by my webbing. He is clearly struggling but in trying to make his armor fast enough and invisible to fight me he isn't strong enough to break the webbing.

"Well you just hang around here, I've got to get that food and deliver it to a few friends of mine."

I leap back down to the truck and web up a few bags to carry my loot to the hungry people in the under city who really need it.

Ferrum Research and Development, New York City

Desmond Fisk turns off the holo-projector in the middle of the table and the lights in the room come back up again. He glances around the table. Sanders sits the farthest away but he has recovered from his injuries at the hands of Spider-Man. Next to him sits Payne, the woman who piloted the Rhino armor against Spider-Man. The only thing that was injured in that battle was her pride, she doesn't look up from the center of the table. The remaining three technicians just look to Fisk.

"Well Diego has failed like our first two attempts. I suppose it is good that Brown and Barrison will be working together the next time Spider-Man faces members of this task-force. Do not waste the opportunity."

Fisk gets up and leaves. Brown and Barrison speak together and leave together but the last technician just waits. He pull out a small device and activates it. The holo-projector in the middle of the table activates showing the R & D armory. The armory is going to be essential to the last attacks on Spider-Man. Brown and Barrison will fail but Octavius will be successful.

(To be continued.)

Avatar image for tomdickharry1984
tomdickharry1984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By tomdickharry1984

Oh yeah SPider man! Nice work, I'm loving the gsauntlet esque baddies you're having him go through, also that Fisk dude is going to be a MAJOR pain soon I feel! Good work

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 13

#3  Edited By batkevin74

@PrinceIMC: Only a small cameo by Hamster & Molotov, waiting for them to get their own Marvel Iron Age oneshot :) I like that Chameleon has been riding around guarding food trucks for a week in prep for this. Great battle between him and Spidey. And Desmond Fisk is becoming one of my favourite bad guys (may have to PM you about a cameo appearance of Desmond in Scarlet Spider, nothing to major) Keep up the good work. Also any news on the Exiles you had that went missing?

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By joshmightbe

Spidey just keeps getting better

PrinceIMC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By PrinceIMC
@tomdickharry1984 @batkevin74 @joshmightbe Glad you guys liked it. Sorry it took so long for me to get to this. I will try to get a Molotov and Hamster story sooner or later. Just got so many ideas for Spider-Man, Mockingbird (which I will get back to) and Exiles which I'm rewriting next. No word on recovering my Exiles story so I'm going to start over.
batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By batkevin74

@PrinceIMC: Yay for Hamster & Molotov!

tomdickharry1984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By tomdickharry1984

Hamster solo's!

Avatar image for deactivated-5d1828448d5f0
deactivated-5d1828448d5f0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 21

awesome chapter!

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By batkevin74

Hopefully we all can balance 5th World & Marvel Iron Age, but I really do like reading your Spider Man

tomdickharry1984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By tomdickharry1984

Broken record but, SPider-Man?? :)

TheCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 47

#11  Edited By TheCannon

Nice.

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By joshmightbe

We need more Hamster

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By batkevin74

@joshmightbe: @PrinceIMC: One petition for a Hamster mini series starts here :)

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By joshmightbe

@batkevin74: He may just be our Squirrel Girl