Marvel: Iron Age - Spider-Man vs ...... - Part 2

PrinceIMC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By PrinceIMC

THE CHARACTERS IN THIS STORY ARE BASED OFF CHARACTERS AND SETTINGS THAT ARE THE PROPERTY OF MARVEL INC. AND THEIR RESPECTIVE AFFILIATES. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED, I THOUGHT OF THE STORY BUT THE WORLD IS THEIRS.

(Continued from the previous chapter: Marvel: Iron Age - Spider-Man vs ...... - Part 1)

Ferrum Tech Research and Development, New York City

Desmond Fisk the Project Manager tasked with taking down the Spider-Man arrives last to the meeting. There are five technicians already waiting for him, one with a face full of scars and broken arm. Thanks to advances in medical technology he will be completely healed in a few more days but the shame of his Steel Vulture design failing is on his face.

Mr. Fisk of course has the conference room bugged so he can hear what they are discussing before he arrives. That is one more reason he always arrives late, give them enough rope to hang themselves with. He doesn't even look at the idiot Sanders who faced Spider-Man first.

"I understand Payne has a design and has taken in to the field in order to draw out the Spider-Man. Here's hoping it will be our first success."

Fisk glances around the room and four of the technicians are eager to try their own designs in the future. Sanders just looks at the table and tries not to move his broken arm as the hologram display in the center of the table activates.

---------------------------------------------

Williamsburg Bridge, New York City

The airspace in and around New York City is a nightmare. The rich have flying cars which dart around the boroughs, though their paths are very tightly computer controlled to keep everything flowing well. The poor though are still mostly relegated to subways, elevated trains and other public transportation. Of course there are still some in between that rely on old fashioned ground vehicles that still require bridges to get in and out of Manhattan.

A massive gray suit of armor is charging across the bridge causing cars to be flipped off the bridge and others to be crushed under foot. Iron Soldiers are ignoring the events, they've already been informed and the weapons designers are given plenty of leeway.

~So they're more worried about me stealing food from from their trucks than a dude tossing cars into the river? Oh wait of course they are.~

Spider-Man swings up onto one of the upper supports as the armored maniac approaches. The suit is painted slate grey and is so massive that the operator is probably in the torso. The armor stops and turns around to deal with the cars in the other lane without even noticing Spider-Man clinging to the upright support. Now that it is closer he can tell that is is patterned after a rhinoceros.

"Hey bug guy, what's up with the destruction? Did the mean old cars drive over your mother?"

The Rhino stops in it's tracks and turns to the noise. The armor's head tilts to the side scanning him. It can't get a real read on the Spider, clearly some kind of technology in his suit that cloaks him. The only way to keep an eye on Spider-Man is with visual contact.

"Why don't you come down here and say that Spider." The mechanical voice of the Rhino says.

"Spider-Man ! Spider-Man ! I swear I'm going to start leaving my calling card or something to get my publicity right."

In response to his jibes the Rhino just picks up a car and tosses it at the wall-crawler. Spider-Man easily leaps over the car and plants both feet against the Rhino's chest. There is absolutely no effect. Rhino tries to swipe at the wall-crawler but again Spider-Man is too fast for it and drops underneath and between the Rhino's legs.

Spider-Man fires to web-streams on the Rhino's back and tries to yank him over but again there is no effect. This thing is just too heavy and too strong. There might be more to it than that since he has managed to lift heavier objects. The Rhino turns and smashes a huge fist downward into the bridge cracking the asphalt. Again Spider-Man isn't there thanks to his enhanced reaction time. He is standing on top of a car that the Rhino hasn't managed to toss off the bridge yet.

"Sorry dude but you're just too slow to catch me." Spider-Man taunts.

The Rhino armor can't express emotion but the taunts to seem to work. The Rhino charges and Spider-Man is planning on leaping out of the way just before contact is made but there's something more to it. Before it even gets close Spider-Man senses something but before he can react he is knocked aside like a ton of bricks. It's only a quick web-line to the bottom of the bridge that allows him to swing around and land back on top of the bridge.

"Did you like that wall-crawler? A kinetic field makes my armor invulnerable and practically immovable unless I want it to." The Rhino charges again.

Spider-Man is a little more prepared this time and manages to sense the kinetic field a moment before it hits him. The field seems to extend farther forward the longer he charges. The Rhino ducks and connects with another car and it flies off into the river again.

"Stop dodging you little pest." The Rhino turns to Spider-Man again.

"Stop charging Rhino-dude." Spider-Man responds.

"Rhino-chick actually." The mechanical voice says again.

"You're a woman?! I can't fight a woman." Spidey says slumping his shoulders and standing still.

The Rhino can't believe it, in this day and age an idiot who won't fight back with his life in the balance just because he's sexist. Well this will teach him.

The Rhino charges again. Spider-Man steps back almost to the edge of the bridge but doesn't even prepare to dodge. The railing of the bridge where he is standing was knocked off by an earlier car and Spider-Man can sense the drop behind him.

Instead of dodging Spider-Man just falls backwards an instant before the kinetic field hits. The Rhino goes over the edge with Spider-Man but the Rhino doesn't have an escape plan. Spider-Man fires a web-line to the bottom of the bridge and swings away as Rhino plunges into the water below.

"I hope you've got an oxygen supply in there Rhino-plasty."

The Rhino hits the water and doesn't surface again. Spider-Man senses some Iron Soldiers flying in to capture him but he was long gone before they got there.

------------------------------------

Ferrum Tech Research and Development, New York City

The hologram on the table shows the Rhino on the bottom of the river trying to get her bearings and find her way back to shore. Fisk could easily send her a data uplink so she could know her exact position but instead he just shuts down the holo-link and the lights in the room come back up.

All of the technicians are smiling. They never expected a Rhino armor to be effective. You've clearly got to be agile to fight the Spider-Man. That is what the first two opponents have taught them all. Even Sanders who has already failed feels like he can learn from the fight for his next design.

Fisk: "Well so much for Payne, though I suppose she will be no worse for wear. Though perhaps she would learn more from a more humiliating defeat."

Fisk gets up and leaves the room. Two of the technicians leave together, they seem to be collaborating. The others leave one by one.

(Continues in the next chapter: Marvel: Iron Age - Spider-Man vs ...... - Part 3)

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#2  Edited By joshmightbe

I'm liking these updated versions of spider villains can't wait to see whose up next

Avatar image for tomdickharry1984
tomdickharry1984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By tomdickharry1984

He he he, doesn''t like fighting girls even when theyre in battle armor ;) Nice!

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4  Edited By batkevin74

@PrinceIMC: Excellent work! Once again it's a happy read, can't help smiling when reading it :)

@PrinceIMC said:

"Hey bug guy, what's up with the destruction? Did the mean old cars drive over your mother?"

Just wanted to check if that was a typo and supposed to be big guy?

But once again you've done a fantastic job

PrinceIMC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By PrinceIMC
@tomdickharry1984: Nah he'll fight girls, even in battle armor. But he'll let them think that he won't so they'll charge him and he can drop them into the river.

@batkevin74: Yeah that was supposed to be 'Big Guy'. The bug guys come later.

@joshmightbe: Yeah I'm enjoying remaking the Sinister Six for the Iron Age. I think the one I'm going to show next and the one I'm going to show last are my favorite reinventions of old school villains.
batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6  Edited By batkevin74

@PrinceIMC: Loving Desmond Fisk, he's a professional bastard!