Marvel: Iron Age - Spider-Man and the Heist

PrinceIMC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By PrinceIMC

THE CHARACTERS IN THIS STORY ARE BASED OFF CHARACTERS AND SETTINGS THAT ARE THE PROPERTY OF MARVEL INC. AND THEIR RESPECTIVE AFFILIATES. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED, I THOUGHT OF THE STORY BUT THE WORLD IS THEIRS

"Spider's log. Spider-date um.....January 29th 2200. Why do people not understand that it isn't the 23rd century yet? It is the last year of the 22nd century, it's not like there was a year zero."

As New York City has grown it not only spread outwards it also grew upwards. People who live in Manhattan can go weeks without stepping outside, you can live your whole life without setting foot on solid ground. The giant glass and steel towers connected by bridges and causeways cast deep shadows on the lower levels of the city. Luckily for me that leaves many places for a spider to hide, even from the iron soldiers.

"Na-na-na-na-na-na-na-na Spider-Man!"

He sings to himself as he swings from building to building, below overhead walking paths as wide as any highway. People point at him and nudge their friends when they see him but by the time word gets to the Iron Soldiers he's long gone. Around corners, through alleys and abandoned buildings.

"What's that? I mean, I sense someone down there buzzing with energy. They look pretty normal and we're way past the gene-scanners so it can't be a mutant. Well unless they've got a gene-masking suit like me."

He recites into his costume's mask. Madame Web has asked him to keep a log of his activities since as he patrols. Ever since she sensed that powerful psychic presence she's had to keep a lower psychic profile. The target he's spotted isn't well dressed but better dressed than this neighborhood, new clothes, not second hand. His companion, a woman is dressed much more like I expect this low to the ground. The cuffs of her pants and jacket are frayed and stained. They're glancing around in opposite directions as if they're waiting for something. His 'spider-sense' tells him that there are no Iron Soldiers around just as a flying conveyance comes around a corner.

"Oh Stark!"

He exclaims as the guy in the nice clothes touches his belt and leaps out in front of the flying truck. Spider-Man was about to fire a web and yank the man back but the static he wasn't expecting causes him to pause. No matter because a shimmering bubble of force encases him and when the truck touches it the truck is thrown back not the man. The truck careens into the side of a building and the woman leaps into action.

"C'mon Molotov, the hard part is over. Now it's your turn."

The man in the force bubble calls to the girl he was with. She slides her hand down the seam of the door and secrets a powerful adhesive trapping the driver inside as the other door is pinned against the building.

"Oh yeah. You let a truck hit you, big man Hamster."

She calls back to him after gluing the driver inside causing the man in the force bubble to blush. After doing that she heads towards the rear door and smears another kind of think substance on the back door.

"Sorry lady but I don't think what's in the back of that truck is yours."

Spider-Man had made his way to a bridge between buildings just above the action. He fired his web-shooters and leaped towards her as she turned to see who was speaking to her causing her to get completely encased in webbing. The man in the force bubble rolls around the truck to see what happened to his partner. As he rolls around in his force bubble he sees a webbing cocoon.

"You roll around in a giant ball and call yourself Hamster? Did you lose the super power lottery or what?"

The man in the force bubble rolls forward angrily, but the bubble is pretty ungainly. He's having a hard time getting close enough to the wall where Spider-Man is casually standing. The girl all webbed up behind him.

"Shut up! Besides isn't wearing a spider outfit like grounds for execution?"

Experimentally Spider-Man fires webbing at the force field but it is just deflected off. The man called Hamster just smirks.

"Actually it's grounds for interrogation and possible execution thank you."

Just then Spider-Man realizes the real reason Hamster is grinning. The girl has somehow melted through the webbing and tries to grab him. Having spider-sense does come in handy as he leaps out of the way letting the girl Hamster called Molotov stumble into her partner's force field. It's odd because it reacts accepts her more gently like a big soft cushion. Spider-Man ends up on top of the truck in a crouched position.

"How'd you do that? Escape from my webbing." He asks.

"It's what I do. They call me Molotov. I can create adhesives, solvents, lubricants and....explosives."

She throws a ball of something from her hand at the back of the truck where she had smeared stuff before. When the ball hits the door the whole back of the truck explodes launching Spider-Man into the air.

"Jeeze Mol, we want to take what's in the truck not blow it all up."

"The spider didn't give me much choice there Hammy."

The man in the force bubble turns off the sphere of energy protecting him and leaps into the back of the truck. Meanwhile Molotov forms a ball of chemicals in each hand covering for her partner. Spider-Man recovers quickly and swings towards her on a web-line feet out to knock her away. She throws the chemicals into the air in a fanning motion and where they meet create a spray of flame. Luckily this Spider suit is pretty well insulated and Molotov is knocked against the wall....hard.

"Now what is it we're stealing folks...?"

Spider-Man turns to see what's inside the truck and sees that it's full of food. About a third of it is charred from the explosion but Hamster is putting the good stuff into a series of bags.

"Food. You're stealing food....from a Ferrum Tech truck....I'm such an idiot."

The Ferrum Technology logo is on the various bags and boxes of food. Of course the outside of the truck bears no logos or people would go after them and steal them...like these two people are...were.

"And now we can't carry as much. Mol is out cold and she hasn't had a chance to glue all the food together. Thanks a lot for that."

Hamster says while stepping out of the back of the truck loaded up with all the food he can carry.

"Well maybe I can help with that. This isn't all for you is it, you'll share it?"

Hamster just nods.

"Well you get your girl, I'll get the rest of the food."

Picking up his partner he activates his force bubble both of them floating in the center as if weightless. With a minimum amount of webbing Spider-Man is able to gather up the rest of the good food into bundles and tosses them right through the bubble field where they hang weightless as well.

"So do you have a plan for getting all of this back to where ever?"

"Well Mol was going to be a distraction, lead the Iron Soldiers away since she can stick to walls they assume she's....a spider."

"Well....I can see where this is going. Yeah I'll lead them away, you just make sure that food gets to the people who need it. Better hurry, they're almost here."

Hamster rolls his force ball towards the edge of the causeway with Molotov and the food within it. They drop off the causeway falling twenty stories but they land safely and continue moving. As Spider-Man leaps in the opposite direction firing a web-line to a distant building two red and gold patrol armors descend towards him.

"It's about time you guys made it here. Wanna go on a little chase?"

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 13

#2  Edited By batkevin74

That's really good, couldn't help but sing the Batman song! I also love that you've got a date in yours, gives me a nice frame work over in my worlds.

May have a crossover idea for you with Warstar, possbily even DD who's got some Kingpin ideas. But another great read

PrinceIMC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By PrinceIMC
@batkevin74 said:

@PrinceIMC That's really good, couldn't help but sing the Batman song! I also love that you've got a date in yours, gives me a nice frame work over in my worlds.

May have a crossover idea for you with Warstar, possbily even DD who's got some Kingpin ideas. But another great read

With the date I really just wanted to work in the idea that even 200 years from now people are confused about a new century starting in the year 1 not the year zero. So the 23rd century doesn't start until 2201 not 2200. Heh. I'm always up for cross-overs. I think I might use Molotov and Hamster more too.
batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By batkevin74

Sweet! Well Warstar's in NYC, it's night so maybe it's the night before this heist happened...ahh we'll work it out. You doing Mockingbird as well?

PrinceIMC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By PrinceIMC
@batkevin74: Yeah I think my next one is going to be a Mockingbird story. Explain a little about that hefty armor that escaped from that flying fortress she sabotaged.
joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By joshmightbe

Its great I'm getting a serious side kick vibe from Hamster

PrinceIMC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By PrinceIMC
@joshmightbe: Heh, I've had the idea for a non-serious character, a guy in a giant force field hamster ball, for a while. Figured if Spidey is gonna face anybody first time out that'll be it. Maybe work with them a little, help the downtrodden. Spider-Man and his Amazing Friends down the line perhaps.
joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By joshmightbe

@PrinceIMC: I like the idea of having a few humorous characters in this world to keep things from getting too bleak

PrinceIMC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By PrinceIMC
@joshmightbe: That's what I'm trying to do with Spider-Man, yes crap is hitting the fan but he's still going to be a wise-ass. His powers are actually quite different from Peter's (I'm going to elaborate more on that in later stories) but his personality I'm trying to get similar. Doesn't take anything too serious.
joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By joshmightbe

@PrinceIMC: I was meaning to ask would you mind if I made David from Hardy and Creed a childhood friend of Spiderman? it'll tie into my story later

PrinceIMC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By PrinceIMC
@joshmightbe said:

@PrinceIMC: I was meaning to ask would you mind if I made David from Hardy and Creed a childhood friend of Spiderman? it'll tie into my story later

Sure. I have him around 19 years old. Going to College. Lost his mother at 16 and has been kinda learning his spider powers all his life, only got serious about them though since his mom died.
joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By joshmightbe

@PrinceIMC: Well David is a little older than that he's around 24 but that wouldn't be too big of an age difference for them to have been close friends maybe have David see him like a little brother of sorts

PrinceIMC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By PrinceIMC
@joshmightbe: That works, Spiders gotta stick together.
joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By joshmightbe

@PrinceIMC: I just wanted to make sure it was ok by you before I brought it up

InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 1

#15  Edited By InnerVenom123

I love these new villains! Great story, keep it up.

desperado_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By desperado_

Nice originality! Very creative. Nice Job!

Molotov is awesome.

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By batkevin74

Just re-read it...I would one day love to see a solo Hamster adventure :)

Avatar image for deactivated-5d1828448d5f0
deactivated-5d1828448d5f0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 21

@PrinceIMC: @batkevin74: He should have a sidekick named Gerbil.

PrinceIMC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By PrinceIMC
@primepower53: Hamster and Gerbil. Fighting criminals, saving the city, drinking from a giant suspended bottle of water.
batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By batkevin74

@PrinceIMC said:

Fighting criminals, saving the city, drinking from a giant suspended bottle of water.

That'd be awesome!

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By batkevin74

Bumped

Avatar image for tomdickharry1984
tomdickharry1984

Forum Posts