Marvel Iron Age: Spider-Man #5

TommytheHitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

Peter Parker was murdered. At the hands of the god like maniac known as Stryfe. With Peter's sacrifice the people of the world were inspired to uphold his legacy as the Spiders. Dedicated to ending Stryfe's rule with as little killing as possible. Their champion. The new Spider-Man.

Spiders HQ, 2 Days after the last issue...

"With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility"

Ben opened his eyes to a white blinding light. He looked around and felt an aching pain. Was he dead? ...He didn't feel dead. He was lying in a hospital bed. He struggled to get up before sighing and lying back down. Nobody was sat next to him. Meaning he had nothing to do. He fell asleep and let the soft cushion envelop him.

"Wake up."

Ben's eyes opened again. His aunt was sat to his side smiling at him.

"...how long was I out?" Ben asked as he stretched.

"Two days. Welcome back to the land of the living." Madame Web said with a smile.

"...is everyone okay?" Ben asked looking worried. He had tried to save everyone in the room when he took on Spidercide. If someone had been hurt...

"Other then everyone having a shock when you fainted... everyone's fine.... except for you."

Ben chuckled. He looked at Madame Web to see if she was laughing along. She wasn't. She was dead serious.

"...what's wrong?" He asked.

Madame Web took a deep breath as she straightened up.

"When that monster stabbed you in your side..."

"Spidercide." Ben said with a smile. "We totally have to call him Spidercide."

"...As I was saying. When that monster stabbed you in the side... the chemicals that held it's body together entered your body."

"So?"

"...Your Spider Sense. It seems to have vanished."

Ben was quiet as he thought about what his aunt had just told him.

"Hit me." Ben said.

THWACK!

Ben frowned as he felt his cheek pulse with pain. Madame Web pulled her arm back.

"Son of a stark!" Ben yelled angrily. "What about my other powers?" He asked. "Are those okay?"

"I'd prefer to run some tests first. We're not sure if your spider sense will ever come back. However... your healing factor seems to be okay."

Ben glanced beneath his hospital gown to see his wounds had healed very nicely! All that was left after two days of non stop healing were scars... and even those were healing as they spoke.

"So did you find out what Spidercide was?" Ben asked. His cheek still throbbing.

"Yes. Apparently he was made up of cloned blood vessels fused together by nano machines. Which is why he lost mass every time you punched him."

"Who's blood was it?"

Madame Web put her hand on top of Ben's.

"Yours."

No Caption Provided

THWIP!

Ben fired a web line to the ceiling as he tried to dodge out of the way of the incoming fire. He noticed three shots of energy heading towards him as he fired a quick web line towards the wall to his right quickly pulling him towards it. The shots barely missed him.

"Good dodge Ben!" Madame Web said from the safety of the control room.

Ben chuckled to himself as the Spider Soldiers continued firing energy blasts at him. He wondered why they were carrying weapons but shrugged it off to ask his aunt later.

THWACK!

Ben fell to the floor as he felt someone's boot smack him in the face. He looked up to see a woman staring down at him wearing a black costume.

"Looks like you can dodge bullets." She said mockingly. "Let's see how you do against someone just as skilled as you are!"

Ben frowned. The woman was thin, nimble. She didn't look that strong... but then again neither did Ben. He braced his fist as they both stared at each other from across the room. They both stared into each others eyes and even though he was wearing a mask... he felt she could see through it anyway. They both charged each other at the same time. The woman landed the first hit. Kicking him in the stomach as he jumped towards her. Ben gasped for breath as he flipped in the air and landed on his feet.

"Now THAT wasn't very lady like Missie!" Ben said with a frown.

"You're relying on your spider sense like a crutch." She said with a no nonsense tone. "You need to use it's loss as an advan-"

THWIP!

"-TAGE!" She yelled in surprise as Ben yanked her over with his web line. Ben braced his fist to punch her but suddenly felt conflicted.

"I can't hit a girl!" He thought causing his hand to relent and relax.

CRASH!

The woman caused Ben to fall to the floor as she landed on his chest with both feet. Ben groaned as she offered him a hand to help him up.

"Thanks..." He grunted as he took it and pulled himself up.

"You're powerful." She said. "You have potential and you have SKILL! However you're hesitant. You rely on your powers too much when you should be allowing yourself to let loose."

"I'm not a fan of killing..." Ben muttered.

"I'm not saying you should. Yet I don't want YOU to die."

"So?" Madame Web asked as she walked towards them slowly. "Panther what do you recommend?"

The woman straightened up and gave off a quick salute.

"I recommend he goes through several more days of training before the mission begins ma'am!" She said quickly and stiffly.

"Mission?" Ben asked. "What mission? I thought we were going to find out who created Spidercide!"

Madame Web sighed.

"We will. Later. At the moment we have a much more important mission. Which is why we're taking no chances."

"So... that's why the Spiders are carrying guns? How important is this mission?!"

"Extremely. We have a group of mutant escapees coming in from the wastelands."

"...So? That's not THAT important!" Ben said looking annoyed.

"Wrong Ben." Panther said calmly. "One of them is an Omega Level mutant who devastated a small town with a flick of his wrist."

Ben frowned.

"Okay... so he's SLIGHTLY important!"

To be continued...

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

@tommythehitman: I assume that mutant is Magneto. Hopefully we will see Spidercide again soon

Time_Phantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Awesome! So... Spider-Man vs. an army of pissed off mutants headed by Legion. Exciting. We've also got a Panther! Looking forward to the next chapter.

TommytheHitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@time_phantom: It's not Legion. It's Darwin's small group of mutants including Magneto.

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

TommytheHitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tommythehitman: It was good, I was a little iffy about him losing his Spider sense but that's a personal opinion and has nothing to do with the overall quality. I'm still interested to see where this goes. And before you ask I am not saying you have to give his spider sense back or anything just saying I personally like the power.

Time_Phantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#8  Edited By Time_Phantom
batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#9  Edited By batkevin74

Spider-Man and Magneto, together again for the first time! :)

TommytheHitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By TommytheHitman
cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 92

User Lists: 1268

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#12  Edited By batkevin74

@tommythehitman: I liked it!Not sure about the removal of his spider-sense, but every hero gets challenged!

What did you think of Warstar?

TommytheHitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By TommytheHitman

Bump!