Marvel Iron Age: Spider-Man #2

TommytheHitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By TommytheHitman

Peter Parker was murdered. At the hands of the god like maniac known as Stryfe. With Peter's sacrifice the people of the world were inspired to uphold his legacy as the Spiders. Dedicated to ending Stryfe's rule with as little killing as possible. Their champion. The new Spider-Man.

New York City, 2200

THWIP!

"There he goes..." Scorcher muttered as he looked through his suit's binoculars. He watched Spider-Man swing through the city below.

"Well what are we waiting for?!" The Rhino asked angrily. "I say we grab him... and smash him! ...for the Supreme Commander..."

"No!" Desmond Fisk yelled from the team's communicators. "Not yet! Keep an eye on him... we're sending someone on their way to assist you."

Scorcher raised an eye beneath his helmet.

"And who exactly are you sending? Scorpion?"

"No. Someone new. You'll know when you see them. Remember. Don't kill Spider-Man. Force him to reveal the Spiders location. Then bring him to me. The Supreme Commander has offered me a second chance... if you fail... you will be punished."

Scorcher frowned. He glanced at Rhino. Rhino glanced back. They both deactivated their comms.

"Let's go crush the bug!" Rhino said as he jumped from the skyscraper. Scorcher followed a few seconds later.

THWIP!

"Look! I'm sorry I'm late!" Ben said into his phone as he swung down the city. "I got sidetracked!"

"Sidetracked?! Does sidetracked mean you spent all day swinging around doing nothing?!" Madame Web yelled angrily. "You were supposed to report for training over an hour ago!"

Ben sighed as he clung to the side of an apartment building. The people below didn't seem to notice him.

"Well... you said it was optional training..." Ben muttered.

"Which for you means mandatory! Ben if you don't get back here in the next five minutes you won't be eating pizza for a week!"

Ben's eyes widened.

"On my way!" He yelled as he started firing web lines at a much more rapid rate.

FOOSH!

Ben looked up to see his web line on fire. He yelled in surprise and accidentally let go causing him to plummet towards the streets below. Ben quickly fired a web line onto a building nearby slowing his descent until he gently landed on the ground.

"Well, well, well! If it isn't the little Starker!" Scorcher yelled as he walked calmly down the street. Followed by Rhino.

"Nice shot Scorch!" Rhino said as he started to rear his suit's head back.

"Rhino and Scorcher... what? Is it League of Losers day or something?" Ben asked as he brushed his suit down of ash.

"Keep talkin' kid! The only thing you'll be losin' is your head!" Rhino yelled as he started to charge.

Ben started to laugh as he jumped into the air and flipped over Rhino's back. Scorcher brought his flamethrower up and fired it towards Ben... yet only managed to hit Rhino's back.

"Y'know... that seems like a waste of money." Ben said as he landed on the ground and dodged out of the way of another blast of flame. "Your suit's pretty much a giant flamethrower!" He fired a webline towards Scorcher who stepped to the side and pinned his back to the wall.

"Ha! Who's a waste now kiddo?!" He asked arrogantly.

THASH!

Ben laughed as he smashed the end of his web line around Scorcher's chest pinning him to the wall.

"Still you." Ben said as he watched Scorcher struggle against the thin strand. His arms and flamethrowers were pinned as well. The only thing he'd burn if he activated them would be himself. Which would be very redundant.

"You'll pay for this punk!" Scorcher yelled.

"I know I'd pay to see it!" Ben said as he turned his full attention back to Rhino.

"You little Starker!" Rhino yelled as he held a hovervan above his head. "You've got no right to insult us like that!"

Ben fired a webline to the hovervan and tugged on it. Rhino lost his grip and it came tumbling down onto his head burying him beneath it.

"Because you're so loveable!" Ben laughed. He looked around. "I take it that's everybody then? Yes? Cool... Madame Web's gonna kill me..."

SMASH!

Ben turned in surprise. He saw a large red being stood on top of a car staring down at him.

"Uh... hi?" Ben said awkwardly. "Friend or foe?"

"Hungry...." The being growled as it crouched down. Where its hands had been a bloody red hand print was left.

"Hungry? Well so am I if I don't get my pizza this week so...."

Ben yelled in surprise as the being jumped at him. Its claws poised to tear his throat out.

No Caption Provided

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

Cool didn't see Spidercide coming. Also curious why Madam Web came to New York.

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 13

@tommythehitman: "The Supreme Commander has offered me a second chance... if you fail... you will be punished."

Nice, a simple explanation, I may address that in a Tales on how Desmond Got His Groove Back :)

Only one slight oddity is this: The being growled as it crouched down. Where its hands had been a bloody red foot print was left.

So his hands are feet? Or did you mean hand print

TommytheHitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

@tommythehitman: Creepy. Nice to see Scorcher get some love not to mention Spidercide. Obscure Villains Assemble.

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 92

User Lists: 1268

TommytheHitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers