Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Time_Phantom

Marvel Iron Age: S.H.I.E.L.D

Wide Awake Part. 6

New Zealand,

The Geofront:

Carol Danvers Stood on the elevated platform over watching the combat information center. She’s had her operators working around the clock for the last nine hours. They circled the CIC working furiously to get a signal into New Latveria. They got nothing. They did capture the images from a Ferrum satellite. Refugees poured out of the country, the Iron Army tightened their borders and set up aid centers for the wounded. Looking further inside they learned that Doomstadt had been taken and Castle Doom was flattened in the first wave.

"Colonel Danvers the Ferrum satellites are picking up heightened heat signatures and particle acceleration in the atmosphere above Moscow and Hamburg," Carol looked down at the operator; she was a younger agent and fear clung to her eyes. "It looks nuclear ma’am."

"I love bad news." Carol grumbled. "Replay the events leading to the taking of Doomstadt on the main screen. We may have missed something before the comm relays were cut."

A virtual screen developed in front of a large steel wall in front of her. The scans showed her large seismic activity in the city before the attack. Then out of thin air green portals tore the sky and dropped enemy soldiers into the city, where they shot at everything that moved. They faced heavy resistance at first but three hours in the fleet that not hangs over the city arrived. They flattened building, leveling several blocks to take out one unit. Seven hours in they started taking civilians, and the dead to the center of the city, piling them next to each other. Nine hours in the entire city is overrun by the Reavers and Wide Awake, while Doom’s forces fight off smaller enemy forces elsewhere in the country. With Doom’s army cut off from the rest of the country they have become unorganized.

For hours, Carol stayed and watched, though her first instinct is go into New Latveria to help she won’t. "Tell all agents to report back to base. Ignore any messages to the contrary, I will not allow Stryfe to go unanswered after this."

"Why would Stryfe order an invasion now? With the situation at the Rig you’d think he’d be more concerned about his own borders." Carol overheard an operator say.

"Agent the thing is," Carol said, exhausted from the day. "I don’t think Stryfe is the one pulling the strings."

Genosha,

The Cities Artificial intelligence:

[Warning our air space has been invaded, scanning subject...A spike in telekenetic energy has been detected from subject. WARNING SUBJECT IDENTIFIED AS SUPREME COMMANDER.]

[ERROR ERROR SYSTEM WIDE FUNCTIONS CEASING. THE CITY IS COMPROMISED ALL FUNCTIONS CEASED]

[end transmission]

Doomstadt,

Night:

"We have to get out of the city." Makkari exhaled as he ran into a nearby building. He carried both, Ngumi and Jessica Mongoose under each arm, and has been running most of the day after mongoose killed the Reaver in the tunnels. He put both women down as he sat down in front of a wall, breathing hard.

"Not an option." Jessica responded, sitting down on the floor. "We have to get to the center of the city tommorow the earlier the better."

"What aren't you saying, Jess." Ngumi asked, holding her rifle to the side.

Jessica rolled her eyes and outstreched her arm. A blue guantlet like hologram wrapped around her forearm. Typing on the interface a model of Doomstadt appeared. "Becuase in a couple hours this is going to happen." An icon of a pillar smashes into the center of the model and a beam of light is emited from it. "That beam of light is going to transport the civilians Wide Awake has no doubt been taking, to a base they have in orbit. What they plan on doing I have no idea, but it will be bad if the aren't stopped."

"You knew this all along? That was the information you stole?" Makkari's tone sounded accusing, he looked to Ngumi, "We can't trust her! Who knows what else she's hidding! Like why is she here in the first place?"

"Becuase the Supreme Commander knows who is next if we fail in the next twenty four hours, you talking battery!" Jessica snapped, shutting off her holographic interface. "I wasn't the only one who had information on Wide Awake the whole time either. I mean just ask Colonel Danvers the next time you see her, that spy she used was a nice distraction on Genosha."

Ngumi was taken by suprise by the comment, but regained her composure before the other two could notice. She had only been told that there are traitors in Shield in New Latveria, by Commander Holland. "Was there something more to this whole event?" "Did Carol allow this to happen?" she thought. But those questions would have to wait. "I'll stay on look out. We move at first light."

Iron

Army Helicarrier,

Med-bay:

The carrier's medical bay had several medical stations where emergency surgery andother tasks could be performed. Director Adam Carter sat in one of the waiting rooms and watched the doctors working on, Commander Holland through a five inch thick piece of glass. He lost a lot of blood and if not for Perun he would bedead. "Are we making the right decision here, Perun We could use all the help we can get right now but, this is the Iron army. Can we trust them?"

Perun swung his hammer over his shoulder and walked over to Carter and put a hand on his shoulder. "You haven't seen the rest of the country, Director. Panic and fear run unchecked."

"This is still insane I don't care what we're calling it." Said a man in the back of the waiting room. He sat with another three that wore the uniform of Doom's elite guard. They are Claypool, Lodestone, Fearface, and Scramble. They have all fought the Iron Army in the past and have no love for them now.

"Without, Doom what choice do we have?" said, Lodestone a descendent of Magneto. After the push in the east she was forced into guarding the border and because of the invasion she was collected by Claypool to help with the fighting in the north. "I mean we walked right into that trap in, Moscow..."

"Oh, we'll get them for that!" Claypool said. "I can promise that."

The door to the waiting room swung open and hissed as an older man dressed in high ranking officers uniform walked in. He was gruff looking and years of service weighed heavy on his face. "Good thing this is not up to you." He growled.

Carter looked over to him and his mouth falls open and his eyes grew wide, "You're--"

"General Falcon Helfitta." The general said, cutting the Director off. "And you are Adam Carter. The boy with neither the experience nor competence to run a janitors closet." The General sighed and rubbed the palm of his hand on his forehead. "Kid you really starked this didn't you? I almost want to kill you myself. But fortunately the Supreme Commander sees the bigger picture here."

Helfitta stood straight and looked over to, Perun. "You caused a bit of a security scare. With the refugees at the border and Wide Awake making incursions into

Somalia we have our hands full in this region."

"When the Iron Army destroyed the World tree they took more than my people’s identity and power. And believe me when I tell you this I will have my revenge."

Perun said, his grip tightening on his hammer. "But right now we have a common enemy."

"Yes we do." General Helfitta scanned the rest of them, his face twisting with disgust. "We're planning on making our push into, Doomstadt tomorrow. I've been ordered to tell you this alliance will only remain in effect as long as this threat remains. Failure is not an option." He said darting a look to Director Carter that mad the boy shrink. "Tomorrow we crush the enemy with overwhelming force. We will give them no quarter, no mercy. We have to put our differences aside. Tomorrow we go to war."

Doomstadt,

Night:

Iron Claw and his team watched as the fleet opened a hole over the center of the city. They were dropping a pyre through it; it had large swooping angles and dark in color. Energy pulsed from the tower and as it got closer to the ground wind rushed away in every direction. They continued forward, not saying anything.

Iron Claw stopped and sniffed the air. Something wasn't right. "Iron Claw. ?" Kylie said, pausing in front of Iron Claw.

John continued forward and before Iron Claw could catch a glimpse of him he vanished. Iron Claw looked down at Kylie and stuck her hand out to him. She disappeared as well. Iron Claw turned around and saw a woman he only ever read reports about. She was smaller than he was, having dark shoulder length and cold unfeeling eyes. "Major Laura Kinney. Talon or would you rather be called X-23." Iron Claw said in his sharp metallic voice.

"Do not call me that," Snikt! She popped two claws from each hand. "she is gone and I am whats left."

Iron Claw' own claws jutted out the back of his hands and started to spin like helicopter blades. "You will be."

Authors Note: Next chapter will be rated M+ I hope you've enjoyed this so far.

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#2  Edited By joshmightbe

Great job and it has me inspired

Time_Phantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Time_Phantom

Thanks so much I chrunned this out while I had nothing to do in my videography class and I wasn't sure I got it right. Inspired huh?

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By joshmightbe

@Time_Phantom: Check the main PM

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5  Edited By batkevin74

Cool! Very cool. Couple of grammatical/spelling/punctuation errors but on the whole this is great! Genosha detected that the Supreme Commander was on it and then "all functions ceased" does that mean Stryfe SUNK Genosha or blew the the place up telekinetically? He has thrown a mountain before...:) Nice appearance by General Falcon Helfitta (sure I created him but he's a dude) telling Adam he's pretty much useless at his job! Only thing I didn't really like was Kylie calling Iron Claw "I.C" but that's just me...the claws and the blood is going to fly when he and Talon shred the bejesus outta each other! Great job