Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Time_Phantom

Marvel Iron Age:

S.H.I.E.L.D- Wide Awake Part. 5

Ngumi, Makkari and Jessica Mongoose journeyed through the tunnels beneath Doomstadt. Ngumi with plasma rifle in hand, lead the way. They were dimly lit. The tunnels violently shook every so often that it was obvious this was not an earth quake. "So how do you know, agent Takada." Makkari growled at the Iron army agent. Jessica Mongoose’s pheromones had worn off by now and the only thing stopping him from nailing her to the wall was the fact, Ngumi was not at all worried by her sudden appearance.

Jessica smiled and began to speak. "I’m going to tell you a story. I wasn’t always in the Supreme Commander’s military. When I was a teen I was in this merc group and our leader was the best at what she did. She went by the name Lady Deathstrike."

Makkari looked curious."Why that?"

Jessica shrugged. "She killed this crotchety old cyber-bitch for the name. Anyways, we did jobs all over Africa, North and South America, Polynesia and even New Latveria. Wild Pack is what we went by." Jessica jumped in front of him and outstretched her arms and spoke in an exaggerated tone. "We were known all over the land and the enemy quaked when the name Lady Deathstrike and the Wild Pack was uttered."

"No one ever quaked." Ngumi mumbled.

Jessica turned around and continued forward. "But they sure starked the bed when you showed up. "

Makkari whose interest was gained looked to, Ngumi and wondered how much else he didn’t know about the people who saved him from, Chicago. Some of them had even died and he never even knew their names. They continued until a light at the end of the tunnel emerged. Ngumi raised a hand in the air to signal them to stop. She went ahead.

The light lead to a large rocky chamber; large industrial lights hung from the walls and the ceiling. Soldiers wearing black armor that seemed to be welded to their bodies stood guard and their skin appeared to be partially decomposed. Ngumi could spot a man at the center of the chamber, giving out orders to a line of these soldiers. He was wearing a lab coat and gold rimmed glassed and had long wild blue hair.

Ngumi took position behind a rock and took aim with her rifle. She looked through her scope, had her finger on the trigger and lined up her sight. The man looked in her direction. Ngumi was sure he couldn’t see her. He winked and a moment later the ground around her fractured and opened up. Dropping her into the ground and as quickly as she fell the ground opened back up and spit her out. In front of the man in the lab coat.

"Well hello." He said. "It would seem our guests are here. And they’re shield agents."

The ground opened up again in two spots next to, Ngumi. Makkari and Jessica Mongoose shot out into the air and slammed hard back to earth. "Richter, really nice to meet you again." Jessica grunted through her teeth.

The man in the lab coat strolled over to Jessica and stood next to her. "Nice to see you to, Mongoose." He grunted as he dug the point of his shoe into her back.

Ngumi pointed her rifle at the man, the soldiers raised their arms. Their hands bursting open and small cannons sprouted out of the nubs they left. The man looked over to, Ngumi and wagged his finger. "No, no, no. I’d put that down if I were you."

"Oh, you are so talking to the wrong person if you think she’ll do that." Jessica grunted. She raised a hand, Richter didn’t even notice. A small tube slide from her sleeve, it sprayed a fine mist into the air. "So I read the reports on your troops, Richter. Adaptable bio-mesh armor, varied mutations, and a redundant nervous system. Hard to kill I heard."

"Yes Mongoose. That was the information you stole," He said as he dug his heel into her back. "but even your, Supreme Commander can’t stop us now."

"Good thing your troops are stupid," Mongoose said under her breath.

Richter’s men then pointed their weapons at him; he stepped off of the agent and backed slowly to a wall. "Alright boy’s, this guy is hurting me end him." Mongoose ordered. They did as they were told; they lined in front of the man and coursed a path of flame that enveloped Richter.

"That’s good." Mongoose laughed. "Now point those guns at each other and shoot." Makkari and Ngumi turned to leave, Jessica followed. Heat from the chamber behind them grew and flame followed.

Doomstadt,

The center of the city:

"This is a test," Iron Claw thought aloud. "We redeem ourselves in the eyes of our Supreme Commander."

"Feels more like a punishment to me," A woman to his right spat. Her skin was pale and her eyes glowed white. Her armor looked like a streamlined version of the standard Iron man armor, but allowed for more flexibility and speed. "we are here to die and that is that."

"Says former Shield agent, Kylie Martel." The man to Iron Claw’ left added. The man wore lighter armor than the woman and carried two pistols in each hand.

"Enough both of you." Iron Claw ordered. "You both were enemies of the Commander and as such you will prove your value to his army."

The group stopped in their tracks. Surrounded by destruction and a fleet above them then enemy is everywhere. In front of them stood a small force of the soldiers of project Wide Awake, leading them was a man with huge cybernetic arms. "Iron Claw!" He yells.

"I believe that is the, Reaver known as Brigade." The man holding the guns said.

Kylie put out her hand and glared at the group. "Let’s give him something to yell about, "A circle of light surrounded the enemy group and with the closing of her hand the circle exploded, shattering windows and sending the wind rushing toward her. "How was that, John?"

John aimed his weapons at the rising smoke, "All dead..." John was stopped mid-sentence by a beam of energy cutting through the air toward them and slam into Kylie. "except him."

"That the best you all got? I thought Iron Claw was the best damn killer in the Iron Army," Brigade snorted, pointing two fists at the team.

Iron Claw walked forward, his claws on each gleaming in the light. Brigade stood in place like a wall, unfazed by them. "Sommerset is the misdirection still activated?"

John holstered his guns and nodded,"Yep."

Iron Claw and his team fadded from view. Brigade was delerious and fell to his knees. He looked down and noticed two sets of claws through his chest and both his arms blown off. "How did you do that?" He gasped as he turned his head to see the team of three behind him. One set of claws was torn out and, Brigade swore he could hear the sounds of a helicopter blade spinning.

"It is like you said," Iron Claw answered, baring his pointed adimantium teeth. "I'm the best killer in the Iron Army."

Doomstadt,

Elsewhere:

Perun wasn't even in a hundred miles of Doomstadt when he saw the fleet of ships hovering over the city. Knowing he couldn't repel the invasion alone but it was the same everywhere. These invaders attacked nearly every part of the country and none could help. Even the aid he did encounter was seedy at best. But an alliance was needed if the only free country in the world was to survive.

He flew around the city hoping to find someone alive. Someone he could trust. It was then when he found two people he could recognize. They both were pinned into cover by invaders who had discovered them. One was Director Adam Carter, he was attempting to return fire and at the same time trying to help the other man at his side. The other man was in bad shape, he had graying black hair and casual clothing. A civilian,Perun thought.

Pointing his hammer at the invaders, a single bolt of lighting shot out and chained around them. Killing them all. "Carter, by the gods are you alright?" He called from the sky, quickly decending to meet him.

Carter cradled the other man in his arms, blood flowing out of him. "Perun, Commander Holland needs medical attention!"

"I'll be fine, Adam. F#$%ers got a lucky shot." Holland said in a weak voice.

Perun slowly levitated to the ground. "What happened here, man? How were New Latveria's defences just blown by the wayside?"

Tears started to well in, Carter's eyes and his voice shook. "Please! Just get him some help."

Perun looked over to, Holland. He didn't look good and the look Holland gave back showed him he knew it. "Give me your hand!" He said as he grabbed, Carter's wrist and pionted his hammer to the sky. Thunder cracked and the group vanished in a bolt of lightening.

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#2  Edited By joshmightbe

Just keeps getting better

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 13

#3  Edited By batkevin74

@Time_Phantom: Wow!!! That's was really good and not just because you used Jessica Mongoose, Iron Claw & Kylie Martell! Let's start from the start:

*Ngumi was Lady Deathstrike! That's clever

*Jessica turning the guards against each other

*Iron Claw's taking out of Brigade @Time_Phantom said:

"It is like you said," Iron Claw answered, baring his pointed adimantium teeth. "I'm the best killer in the Iron Army."

*Kylie Martell, I'm hanging to see what Kylie can do after her experimentation

*Perun. He's always awesome, I think he's going to surprise everyone

Awesome chapter my friend, really good and engaging and hanging to see what happens next. Well done!

Time_Phantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By Time_Phantom

@batkevin74: Thanks. The details on Ngumi's killing of Yuriko Oyama will be given more context in Ngumi's ongoing after Wide Awake... oops

I promise Kylie's powers don't just consist of her blowing things up without touching them. I wanted Iron Claw's intro to be somewhat memorable and quickly killing a Reaver that even War Machine had trouble with was what I thought of. And Perun I think will surpirise everyone by his choice of aid.

Avatar image for tomdickharry1984
tomdickharry1984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By tomdickharry1984

Nice work @Time_Phantom!