Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Time_Phantom

Marvel Iron Age: S.H.I.E.L.D

Reprisal Part. 4

Elizabeth sat at the computer monitor bored, waiting for a call from Commander Holland. She wasn't allowed to participate in the mission due to her being a mutant. Their hideout was located under an abandoned gas station. She was stuck in the safe house with Boris and Doc, who've taken to swelling down stale beer and telling dirty jokes about the old female super heroines of the past.

"My favorite one was the one in that tight black uni and the thigh high boots, with the lightning bolt on her chest." Doc drunkenly hollered. Boris sat across from him and had drunk nearly as much and didn't seem the least bit phased.

"Aye," He nodded in agreement. "That one had legs for days."

Elizabeth smacked her lips and glared daggers at the older men. "That's the Colonel you two are talking about!"

"Don't mean it ain't true. I don't know about now though." Doc began to laugh uncontrollably. He knocked his drink on the floor and fell on his face while in pursuit.

Boris laughed at the site. "Besides my young friend, Commander Holland would know better than anyone on the status of the Colonel's... parts." He says carefully, in his thick Latverian accent.

Doc picked himself off the floor and put his head against the table, as if trying to listen to some unseen voice. "Status? I'd say he knows the in's and out's, hehehehe."

Elizabeth pretended to gag, even though the thought of Commander Holland and Colonel Danvers was at least a little intriguing to her. "The both of them are like two hundred years old! Can they even do... that anymore?" She said, becoming more flustered at the topic.

"Now you're talking friend." Boris says tipping his glass to the younger agent and tossing her a bottle of warm beer and began to speak in a tone he wasn't sure was serious or sarcastic. "The way those two look at each other and oh, it's a wonder they don't tear each other's cloths off at any opportunity."

"Gross." Elizabeth mumbled, popping the cap off with her power over magnetism. "I personally think the Commander and taichou have a thing going." She says, chugging the beer eagerly. "She's like… his go to gal, and all. Gotta be a reason why."

Doc and Boris looked at each other with a crooked smile burst laughing. "Ngumi? That frigid bear." They both say in drunken unison.

Doc wiped beer off of the corner of his mouth, and snorted. Struggling not to continue laughing. "Besides, Holland's got the wrong equipment for that, gal."

Before Elizabeth could reply in defense of her teacher, the chime for a mission critical alert was sounded on the monitor behind her. She tossed the bottle aside and faced the screen and pressed the button that revealed Commander Holland in an unspecified location. "Commander." She saluted.

"At ease." Holland's voice was sharp and authoritative. "I've made contact with the target and I am now in one of his labs. One of his people did capture, John. A misunderstanding. But we've got bigger problems than that."

Chicago:

Ngumi went into a free fall, an iron soldier chasing down after her. Being this high above the city street, the air was cold and choking. She unsheathed her sword and faced the soldier, who was now in striking distance. She allowed him to get closer, and flipped over him, holding on to its back. Looking behind her, the other two iron men charged their repulsors and fired. She let go before they hit their mark, making the iron man to shift course and crash into a nearby building.

The man in black swoops in with his glider and catches her before she hits the ground. "Are you crazy?" He yells, bobbing and weaving between speeding cars. The glider moved them so fast everything started to blur around them. But they were still much too slow for the iron men.

The gliders sensors start to blare and then shoot straight up, avoiding missiles that would have hit the both of them. "Stubborn asses." He grunted, taking three cylindrical objects from his belt.

Ngumi held on to the man's shoulders tightly, struggling not to fall off the craft. Looking down she saw the two remaining iron men were gaining speed and escaping would no longer be an option. "We'll have to fight them, now."

"Tisk." Says the man in black. "There is no need. One must work smarter, not harder." He drops the objects and as soon as they were just above the iron soldiers they formed into an electrical net that shut down their suits. Sending them crashing to the streets below.

Ngumi couldn't hide her amazement. This man took out two iron soldiers with ease and did it in a manner so calm it even unsettled her. "Who are you?" Ngumi asks.

"A Shadow."

[Location Undisclosed]

Commander Holland and his team sat at a large table in an area that only could be described as a giant lab. Manned by dozens of scientists and apparently ran by this man in black. It housed research areas, a cafeteria, high tech training areas and even a brig on the level below. It was very much a fortress as well. Its automated weaponry and security measures are top of the line. The very best in modern security, as opposed to the late twenty first and early twenty second century tech on the Triskelion.

John and Ngumi have received medical assistance for the injuries sustained in their battles. John's pride was hurt more however. Seeing as the shadow that captured him was a woman no younger than eighteen. The shadow that, Ngumi had fought and then escaped with was none other than their target, Alan Bryce. "I don't think we've all introduced ourselves." Alan announced, with his mask off he spoke clearly and didn't seem as much a threat.

But Holland knew better. He is a dangerous man. Ngumi fought against him and nearly lost. John was easily captured. "My name is Augustus Holland and this is my team." Each member of his team proceeded to introduce themselves.

"Elizabeth Maximoff." She says politely.

"Boris, and I'm not sober enough to say anymore." He said, ducking his head into his arms as if to hide from the light.

Ngumi, kept her eyes glued to, Alan and the younger girl at all times. She had long black hair and had strong hispanic features. She sat there quiet, her eyes on all of them as well. Keeping them trained especially on her. "Ngumi."

John glared at the girl across the table. "John Somerset."

Alan nodded."Very good. I am Alan Bryce." He gestured toward the younger girl. "This is, Esperanza..."

"So we tell these strangers our secret identities?" She interrupted. "I don't care if they are SHIELD, I don't like the looks of them. Especially the goofy one I brought in."

"Oh, you got lucky kid!" John shouted, slamming his fist into the table.

"Correction, it was skill. Something you lack, or don't they teach you anything in that cave you people hide in."

"Commander did you hear that? They know about the base." John said, standing up and pointing an accusing finger at the pair. "They could expose us!"

"Well now we know their identities giving us both reasons to keep quiet." Elizabeth said, knowingly.

"I could not agree more. We both now stand to lose something." Alan added. John sat down frustrated. He circled around the table, seeming to scan the agents in front of him.

Alan paced back and forth across the table, seemingly detached from the rest of the group. "I am going to get tom the point. Earlier today there was an attempt on my life. A colleague of mine stopped it. And Ferrum is behind it or to be more specific, Nathaniel Essex."

"Mr. Sinister." Holland added. "Why would he want you dead?"

"Because I have certain information, that if revealed could dampen public relations with the company. And with the recent out breaks of civil disobedience in the country they cannot allow such a thing." Alan answered, stringing his words together quickly.

"And you want us to help you take him down?" Ngumi questioned.

"No." Alan answered flatly. "I've got a more subtle means to that end. And it requires a city wide black out."

The room darkened and a holographic map of the city appeared in the center of the table. A red dot pulsated on the east of the map, over lake Michigan."The city gets its power from a station under the lake. Backup power would be routed to the old grid and a few minutes later... poof." The holograph dissipated and the room's lights turned back on.

"I'll need some of your team along with, Esperanza to sabotage the cities power; while the rest of us move to our alternate objective."

"This is a nice plan, but what does this has anything to do with hitting, Sinister?" Holland questioned, growing more suspicious of this man. He obviously had been planning this for a while. Which could mean there's someone giving him information on SHIELD, how else could he know about the, Triskelion? He could be sure of one thing; Alan Bryce wasn't telling him everything.

Alan looked back at the commander like a predator would look at prey. He knows, Holland doesn't have many options if he wants him on their side. "How else would we assault the HQ of the company that has control over much of the world?"

[Location Undisclosed]

The Brig, 20 minutes later:

Electrified walls, sterile light and a mysterious captor are all hallmarks of a time, Ghede spent imprisoned. He swore he would never be taken against his will again but this was far more deliberate than it seemed. But escape from this room with no doors would prove to be more of a challenge. There were no windows to break through, no doors to trick a sympathetic handler to make a fatal security breach.

Whenever he got angry a sedative would calm him, when he pounded at the walls an electrified pulse sent him flying back. If he slowed his heart rate to even a crawl, they sent a charge through the floor to restart it. The white paneling had no false bottom he could exploit and no visible source of entry.

The room had its flaws of course. He listened closely and focused his hearing he could still hear the room technicians observing him, if he was to truly focus his sight he could see them through the two way mirror on the ceiling. Staring at them unsettled them to the point where they left the room. When pounding on the walls he noticed the most intense of these surges was in the center, which could mean the power source was in the walls. He dismissed this as misdirection.

Feeling the ground with his bare feet, the wiring met at once focal point in one location. This is where he stood over. With a quick strike, he punched through the floor. Picking up a large blue cord he was sure directed the room's power. The room shuttered and shifted. The then found himself falling towards the ceiling, or what he thought was the ceiling.

He crashed through the two way mirror. The rest of the labs past the door way. A dozen scientists stand between Ghede and freedom. "Well… at least one of them can tell me where I can find that man in black."

PrinceIMC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By PrinceIMC

Well it looks like SHIELD has got some new allies and new resources.....if they can trust them.

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#3  Edited By joshmightbe

I'm really enjoying your Shield stories

Time_Phantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Time_Phantom

Thanks, I aim to entertain, a bored reader is simply unacceptable.

It's a bit of a big if at this moment and that will be pointed out more next chapter.

Thanks for the reviews!

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5  Edited By batkevin74

Okay I must of missed a bit but when did Ghede get captured? Good read, you've got a nice bunch of subplots going on making me wonder what's going to happen next. Keep up the good work

Time_Phantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Time_Phantom

Happened off page but, it will get explained next chapter

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7  Edited By batkevin74

@Time_Phantom: Sweet!

4donkeyjohnson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By 4donkeyjohnson

"The both of them are like two hundred years old! Can they even do... that anymore?" She said, becoming more flustered at the topic. That @Time_Phantom is genius writing, like children first clicking that their parents have actually had S-E-X. Now Ghede is in the Brig???? More twists and turns, explanations hopefully will be forth coming! :) Good work, thank you

Time_Phantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Time_Phantom

All is explaned next chapter. Holland may find these new allies aren't as trust worthy as he hoped. and Ghede becomes a bit more important. I'm glad you've enjoyed these stories so far.