Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Time_Phantom

Marvel Iron Age: S.H.I.E.L.D

Reprisal Part 2

Triskelion,

Training room:

Agent Ngumi is the reconnaissance and hand to hand expert on the Triskelion. When not acting as Commander Augustus Holland's second in command she spends her time here. (The training room is only a matted concrete floor in the back of the base.) Training the recruits into killers and even praying to her god on occasion. She was one of the agents that Nick Fury had injected the infinity formula, in her time war and death was all she'd known. Living from one battle to the next she is entirely devoted to the cause.

"Uh, Taichou?" A shy voice interrupted her meditation.

"Yes, Elizabeth?" She says with out looking.

Elizabeth is a young mutant recruit who signed on with shield two years ago. Being tracked by Ferrum and starving Commander Holland who found her took her in. And ordered, Ngumi to train her. "The Commander and the others are already at the transport." She says, twirling her long white hair and holding her helmet in the other arm.

Ngumi got up and grabbed her jacket from a coat hanger in the corner of the room. "Any idea as to where we are going?"

"Chi- town." Elizabeth answered cheerfully.

A puzzled look came over Ngumi's face. "Chi-town?"

"Chicago." Elizabeth corrected looking sheepish. Elizabeth extended her arm, a sheathed sword flew from the shrine on the other side of the room. <"You may need this, Taichou.">

<Ah, Elizabeth kun, no need to be so formal.> Ngumi says in Japanese. <I see your japanese has improved.>

<I try, Taichou.> Elizabeth replied with a wide grin on her face.

SHIELD transport,

en route to Chicago:

Commander Holland is briefing his team on the specifics of the mission. With Chicago being the HQ of Ferrum tech extra precautions had to be made. The city was a fortress, Iron men and the local law enforcement adding to their numbers they would be quickly overwhelmed. They will be hiding in a safe house in the outskirts of the city where the presence of Ferrum was more relaxed.

His team included his second, agent Ngumi, agent John Somerset and the mutants Elizabeth and Boris Kirchner. Doc is the volunteer pilot of their transport, as he was too old to engage in regular training and that no one else would be up to the job. As Holland's unit has a reputation of going on the exceedingly dangerous missions.

"Alan Bryce," The Commander reviewed. "Millionaire, socialite and the head of one of the biggest companies not directly under Ferrum oversight. He's spoken out against Ferrum and he's been careful in keeping his business out of mind."

"Or else they'd be bought out by the big bad's right?" John added. John was recruited ten years ago and up until, Elizabeth was brought in was the youngest on the team. Having his eyes cyberneticly enhanced, his vision is perfect and it also makes him a deadly shot. The on board computer in them finding the best firing solution. He also has the talent of turning almost anything into a weapon.

"Right." Holland answered. "Once we get to the safe house Ngumi, John and I will enter the main city, to Bryce tower. Elizabeth and Boris would set off every gen alarm in the city."

"No, problem!" Boris laughed in his thick Latverian accent. Boris is eight feet tall and built like a brick house. Holland always thought someone his size being as jolly as he is was extremely disturbing. But he was glad to have him. Even when things got bad on an assignment, Holland could count on Boris to keep a positive attitude. "Just call me an' the littlin when something needs blowning up, 'kay?

Holland nodded. "We'll make contact with, Bryce and inform him of our proposition."

"I smell a but!" John interjected.

Elizabeth who sat next to him elbowed him, to which he cried out in mock pain. "But, Ngumi will infiltrate his office to see if we can find any leverage. In case we need it."

Ngumi stood up and took her place next to, Holland. "Mean while, the Commander will be on look out duty." She looked sternly at John. "You will be infiltrating his penthouse on the upper north end of the city."

"And I'll be at the controls in case we need to the get the high hell out of Chicago quick, fast and in a hurry, if this goes to S***!" Doc, hollered from up front in his pilots seat.

Holland looked sharply at, Elizabeth who was snickering. "We all know our jobs. Lets hope this is as simple as it is on paper."

Holland didn't speak for the remainder of the of the flight. Something about this mission bothered him. Carol didn't go into specific details on it but she was worried about something. And he intended to find out once they all got back to the Triskelion. He looked back at the data pad containing the dossier on Alan Bryce. "Nothing special." Holland thought. The only thing that stuck out was a twelve year absence from the U.S when he was eighteen. He payed it no mind.

Chicago,

City Hall:

Ghede in his time as a mercenary has learned to do one thing when taking on a hit like this. Be objective. He had no personal grievance when it came to, Alan Bryce. He was a good man, and had done a lot for the less fortunate denizens of this city. But he was payed to kill him and in a public manner. "Brutish" of Ferrum Tech he thought. But as his rule suggested, he remained objective.

He took aim with his rifle, his targets limo just pulled up. The mass accelerator through some complicated attraction and repulsion could even go through a standard Iron soldiers' armor. But today one of, Ghede's rounds would go through, Alan Bryce. He was on the roof of a nearby building, Alan was being ambushed by reporters and most importantly... in his sights.

He took a deep breath and held his finger above the trigger and lined up his shot. As he did this he'd say , "Out of Zion shall come forth the law, and the word of the Lord from Jerusalem. Nation shall not raise sword against nation, and they shall not learn war anymore. For the mouth of the Lord hath spoken."

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#2  Edited By joshmightbe

you're doing great with this and doing a good job building suspense

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3  Edited By batkevin74

Ghede?!? No idea who it is (looked it up and got nothing) and that's annoyingly awesome, I want more! I do like a religious hitman :)

Avatar image for the_impersonator
The Impersonator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 50

#4  Edited By The Impersonator

Awesome!

Time_Phantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Time_Phantom

Thanks guys!

Ghede is a character I've got made up in an orginal story of mine (so I'd hope you found nothing ;) I just figured his presense in the Iron Age would fit. And I'm updating next week so more you and everyone shall have of shield.

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By batkevin74

He's great! A total mystery, I though he was a revamped old guy hence the reason me searching for him. Put up the Kylie Martell 'betrayal' in Tales From The Empire

desperado_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By desperado_

Cant wait for the next entry. good job!

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By batkevin74

Bumped coz people orta read this :)

4donkeyjohnson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By 4donkeyjohnson

@Time_Phantom As I continue my Iron Age journey, you keep excelling! Good work, especially the touches on Agent Ngumi making her a well rounded character (she seems a tad distrubed, a tad dark waters run deep person). And ending on a cliffhanger assassination attempt.....well I may have to read another!

Time_Phantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Time_Phantom

Yes continue reading! Thank you for the reviews! Yes Ngumi is a tad disturbed. With the death worshipping and all that stuff and the shinigami she mentions next chapter is a real japanese god of death. But its more giving her chosen deity a name than anything else.