Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Time_Phantom

Iron Age: S.H.I.E.L.D

Reprisal Part 1

Chicago a city once known as the second city, is now two hundred years later a marvel of society. A center of power this country. Called the safest place in the world it is the headquarters of Ferrum Technologies and the gem of the Iron Army. In the last two hundred years it has expanded outward ant has grown into several of its surrounding suburbs. The citizens live in relative prosperity and comfort. It's title seeming rightly bestowed.

The people, who live on its outskirts however, do not live under such illusions. Crime ranging from the mundane to the serious is an escalating problem; those who cannot afford the means in which to provide for themselves are left with only one option. Survival.

"I don't need the irritation!" Growled the leader of a group of would be muggers, holding a couple at gun point. "Jus' han'over the gurl and empty your pockets. Won't be no trouble."

The couple was surrounded by the unyielding walls of this oppressive alleyway. The gang closed in on them. Fearing the worst the couple holds on to each other, promising the other that everything will be alright, looking away from the gang.

An agonized scream from one of the muggers, made then look back. A stranger in black descended from the roof tops, landing on the gunman. He seemed to be wearing a kind of body armor, the mask he wore was more helmet like and his eyes glowed red. The remaining four charged the stranger, he evaded, jumping over them. Once behind them he took one of the gang members and slammed him head first into the wall.

The last three kept their distance. One of them pulled a knife on the stranger; he swung the blade in an upward motion. The stranger grabbed the man's wrist and bent it back down, connecting a crushing punch that sent the other man crashing to the ground. Jumping back into the air he launched a knee into the chest of one the other men, sending flying out of the alley.

There was one left. He shook with fear, the same kind of fear that the couple behind him felt. He begged and pleaded, with the man. The stranger would not hear it. He grabbed him by the throat and pick him up with ease. The man tried to struggle free, but the strangers grip was unyielding. He shortly passed out and the stranger tossed him aside.

He turned to the couple, the woman sobbing into her boyfriend's shirt. They were unharmed. "Th… thank you! Oh, thank you so much!"

The stranger turned to leave, his work here being done. "Wait!"

He stopped. "Who are you?" The man asked, wanting to know who his savior was.

In a voice that was slightly muffled and grave he answered. "A shadow." And after a blink of an eye, the masked man was gone.

Ferrum HQ:

"How many times have I told you Ghede? How many times do I have to say stay out of my city?"

The man in front of Ghede spoke with an admonishing tone, the poor lighting in the room obscuring him in shadow. In truth he'd been told this many times. But when a man of his profession sees ample opportunity for monetary gain, the reward out ways the risks. Even the ones he was born with. "Good thing your hunters found me. I was just on my way out."

The man in front of him shook his head. Knowing this to be lie. "The Chairman frowns upon mercenary action in his city."

"Especially, when this particular mercenary can be linked back to you, Mr. S." Ghede grinned knowingly at the man he called "Mr. S"

"This is true." Mr. S said with boredom in in his voice. "I do have a task for you, however."

Ghede nodded, figuring this was the reason they were having this meeting. "Pay me."

The Triskelion:

"Augustus are you paying attention?" Carol Danvers, head of the north American branch of SHIELD asked in an authoritative tone. Commander Holland and the director were the only ones in the conference room, a giant holographic display of several Ferrum targets projected behind her.

Commander Augustus Holland is one of the few agents along with Carol granted a prolonged life span via the infinity formula. For nearly two hundred years SHIELD has waged a secret war on Ferrum and the Iron army. Due to recent events in Nebraska, New York and abroad Carol has expanded operations on the continent. "We've got a new Daredevil, the spiders are becoming more active and the cannon's been activated and something came through the bifrost to which has Ferrum high command scrambling."

"Not only that." Carol handed him a data pad dealing with information regarding Darius Stane, a group of mutants striking Ferrum facilities and an incidents involving an air ship, not unlike one of the helicarriers once in his organizations disposal.

"Have we made contact with any of these people?" Commander Holland inquired. He's been making the argument for the past few weeks that SHIELD should be taking more of an active part in these new events. He's continued to be turned down, as Carol believes they shouldn't interfere until no other option remains.

"Not yet." Carol seemed distracted and it was easy to tell that she had not slept in days. "And due to information provided by agents the Vault a break out of a particularly dangerous mutant has occurred, we will be evacuating the Triskelion."

Holland tried his best to remain unshaken by this news, to which he failed to due so. Carol looked at him with reassuring eyes and began to speak. "We've been here a long while Augustus. But we knew we'd have to leave eventually and that we couldn't stay under the Iron army's nose forever. And now that we've got the armor of Apocalypse, Iron men have been all over the region."

She was right of course. The Triskelion was hidden miles beneath the rocky mountains. Built a a refuge for those who wanted to fight Ferrum. Under a thousand recruited agents and their families stayed here. "My team will help with the transition."

"No need." Carol handed him another data pad. It was the dossier of a millionaire business man Alan Bryce from Chicago. Holland skimmed it, not finding anything remarkably important about him.

"He's shown some defiance to Ferrum Technologies. Some bordering on treason. I want to know why. And if he'll be an ally of SHIELD." She says. Carol has been known to seek the partnership of companies who aren't directly under Ferrum's sphere of influence, to help fund projects and drop supplies when scheduled package from New Latveria has come in late or not at all.

"Meeting adjourned." Carol quickly walked passed Holland and walk up the stairs out of the room. Holland almost had to run to catch up with her.

"Colonel!" He called.

She stopped. "Is there a problem, Commander?"

Commander Hollland stepped in front of her. "Only that you haven't slept in days."

"Well thank you for caring, but I'm fine." She answered brushing passed him.

"Wait, Carol!" He says. Grabbing her arm, forgetting for a moment she could easily fling him across the room if she wished. "You aren't telling me something. What's wrong?"

She gently placed her hand on his, and turned her head. Not looking at the man in front of her. "This world, Augustus. It's so messed up and now we've got a little ray of hope. In the form of these people taking up arms and fighting these bastards."

Holland looking at her for a moment noticed how overwhelmed she must be. Carrying the organization in it's prime was an undertaking the commander was sure. But for nearly two hundred years, Carol Danvers has done it alone. He wanted to do more for her. "We've been fighting along time. But we're not alone any more, Carol."

Carol looked him in the eye, a very pronounced sadness was held in them. Her voice began to crack. "Augustus I... I'm just so..." She stopped her self and took a deep breath. A hardened look coming back over her face. "I want your team ready within the hour." She said taking Holland's hand off her arm.

Holland thought he should go after her, but decided against it. Not wanting to impose on his commanding officer. "Yes ma'am."

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#2  Edited By joshmightbe

Good set up so far

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3  Edited By batkevin74

Nice! Can I use a mole in your org to report covertly to my General Helfitta over in Distain?

Time_Phantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Time_Phantom

@batkevin74: I don't see why not. Go for it.

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By batkevin74

@Time_Phantom: Thanks, if it's anything that'll compromise your world I'll PM you before hand. I'm very impressed with the Shield btw

PrinceIMC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By PrinceIMC

Very nice. Mockingbird might just have to run into them at some point.

Avatar image for the_impersonator
The Impersonator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 50

#7  Edited By The Impersonator
No Caption Provided
Time_Phantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Time_Phantom

Team up?

PrinceIMC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By PrinceIMC
@Time_Phantom said:

@PrinceIMC Team up?

I'm kinda thinking so, I was thinking about her origin and think that one of her parents might have been one of the agents given the infinity formula operating out in the world had a child and was killed.
batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By batkevin74

@The Impersonator said:

No Caption Provided
batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By batkevin74

Casual bump

4donkeyjohnson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By 4donkeyjohnson

@Time_Phantom Seems I picked a good place to start mainly because "Commander Augustus Holland is one of the few agents along with Carol granted a prolonged life span via the infinity formula. For nearly two hundred years SHIELD has waged a secret war on Ferrum and the Iron army. Due to recent events in Nebraska, New York and abroad Carol has expanded operations on the continent. "We've got a new Daredevil, the spiders are becoming more active and the cannon's been activated and something came through the bifrost to which has Ferrum high command scrambling."______Because from here it gives me a rough road map to read through the Iron Age (seemingly Daredevil, Spider-Man and I think Thor by the references) Good job, loving COmmander Holland the more I read of him. And a mystery villian Ghede...thicken plot with subplot...nicely done.

Time_Phantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Time_Phantom

Thanks for the read. I suppose it is a good place to start. I really hope you keep liking this arc.

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By batkevin74

Bump

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers