Marvel iron Age: Scarlet Spider 7

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 13

#1  Edited By batkevin74

Continued from Scarlet Spider Intro: http://www.comicvine.com/forums/fan-fic/8/marvel-the-iron-age-scarlet-spider-introduction/652899/

No Caption Provided

Pt 1:http://www.comicvine.com/forums/fan-fic/8/marvel-the-iron-age-scarlet-spider-part-one/653346/

Pt 2:http://www.comicvine.com/forums/fan-fic/8/marvel-the-iron-age-scarlet-spider-part-two/653750/

Pt 3:http://www.comicvine.com/forums/fan-fic/8/marvel-iron-age-scarlet-spider-part-3/655012/

Pt 4:http://www.comicvine.com/forums/fan-fic/8/marvel-iron-age-scarlet-spider-part-4/655763/

Pt 5:http://www.comicvine.com/forums/fan-fic/8/marvel-iron-age-scarlet-spider-part-5/659129/

Pt 6: http://www.comicvine.com/forums/fan-fic/8/marvel-iron-age-scarlet-spider-part-6/662274/

Fantastic Force Part 1:http://www.comicvine.com/forums/fan-fic/8/marvel-iron-age-the-fantastic-force-1/665038/

Part 2: http://www.comicvine.com/forums/fan-fic/8/marvel-iron-age-the-fantastic-force-2/666487/

Part 3: http://www.comicvine.com/forums/fan-fic/8/marvel-iron-age-the-fantastic-force-3/668304/

Part 4: http://www.comicvine.com/forums/fan-fic/8/marvel-iron-age-the-fantastic-force-4/669642/

Part 5: http://www.comicvine.com/forums/fan-fic/8/marvel-iron-age-the-fantastic-force-5/671123/

Part 6: http://www.comicvine.com/forums/fan-fic/8/marvel-iron-age-the-fantastic-force-6/677359/

Part 7: http://www.comicvine.com/forums/fan-fic/8/marvel-iron-age-the-fantastic-force-7/685119/#4

Nation of The Plains, Arizona

Distain, Corporal America, Distain, Warstar and the body of Modi appeared in the secret Native American village where Daniel grew up.

“We will be safe here” said Daniel

“Where are we?” asked Nicholas

“Arizona” said Daniel “We rest, we bury our dead and tomorrow…”

“Tomorrow we change the world” said Distain as he removed his helmet.

Darius Stane, Nicholas Rogers, Daniel Warstar and Kaine Reilley stood beside the funeral pyre, the headless body of the nameless Asgardian upon it.

“Into your arms Great Spirit, we commit this proud warrior” said Bethany Warhorse, Daniel’s aunt and matriarch of the Nation of The Plains.

“I thought he was Asgardian?” whispered Kaine to Nicholas, who elbowed him back to silence.

Bethany clapped her hands and flames jumped from her palms to the pyre, igniting it slowly at the bottom.

“Say your goodbyes, reflect on your friend and then come join us for a feast in his honour” said Bethany as she left, stopping by Daniel to kiss him on the cheek “Welcome home”

“Allr faðir!” Daniel prayed as the Eye of Agamotto glowed “Heyra minn bœn. Frjáls annask illr járnsmiðr. Ykkarr hollr skósveinn” The others bowed their heads.

Daniel Warstar shook Kaine Reilley awake “C’mon, get up!”

“What time is it?” muttered Kaine rubbing his sleep encrusted eyes

“Who cares, we gotta go!” said Daniel.

“What’s the rush?” moaned Kaine as Daniel dragged him outside the tepee and into the cool still morning.

“That!” Daniel made a grand gesture to highlight the sky. Kaine looked at him quizzically then shrugged.

“So?”

“And they call my people savages!” scoffed Daniel “Look we are going on a spirit quest”

“What? Now?”

“I had a vision. We need to head to Spider Rock before dawn. The Great Spirit has a message and WE need to be there!”

“Spider Rock?”

“Get dressed let’s go!” cried Daniel “Or I’ll hit you with my mallet”

No Caption Provided

“Whatever!” and Kaine trudged back inside the tepee.

Spider Rock, Arizona

Kaine and Daniel stood at the base of the impressive monolith, looking up at it. Kaine took aim with his hands and was about to spin a web when Daniel caught his hands.

“Dude! Don’t shoot your webs on my heritage!”

“So fly us up there” said Kaine

“Nope. We climb”

“You drag me out here in the middle of the night…”

“Morning”

“Whatever, to go climbing?! See you at the top” Kaine leapt onto the rock face and promptly started to fall back to the ground “What the stark?”

“Spider Rock is an ancient magical place” said Daniel as he took a firm grip and started to climb up “We do this the old fashioned way”

Kaine looked as Daniel scaled the rocks with some dexterity. Kaine gingerly took hold, he’d been so use to his adhesion that climbing was like walking, and now he had to learn how to walk again.

“How much longer?” whined Kaine as he sat crossed legged on the top of Spider Rock. It had taken about two hours of stop start climbing to reach the summit. Daniel then told them to drink a tea his aunt Bethany had made and wait.

“Dude, sssh” said Daniel “I was nearly in the zone”

“This is dumb!” said Kaine as he shut his eyes again. His mind drifted aimlessly. The Fantastic Force mission for Carol Danvers was bouncing around his head, as were his parent’s deaths. His new friend Daniel crossed his mind, such a nice guy with seemingly the weight of the universe upon him but still managed to smile and not kill people. Unlike Distain…or Magni…poor guy. He hardly knew him but nobody deserves to be decapitated and have their head stolen! And…

“Hello spider”

Kaine opened his eyes. A massive spider that took up the sky lurched over him. He looked around for Daniel but he was alone on the top of Spider Rock.

“Do not be afraid” The voice rumbled through every pore in his body “You are safe…for now?”

“Madam Web?”

“No, but I do know her” The spider began spinning webs from stars across the tapestry of night “All her powers come from me, as do yours”

“Ummm no,” Kaine cocked his hands, ready to fire a blast “I traced my lineage back the early Spider movement. Kaine, the clone of Peter Parker, and Jessica Drew had a child who had a child of which I’m descended. I’m the first one on my family in over seventy years to display powers because my family is a bunch of self-hating starks!”

“Where did Peter get his powers?”

“From a spi…” Kaine looked up at the ancient arachnid that was nodding its head “You? Daniel must’ve spiked my tea!”

“You have a great destiny Kaine Reilley; you yourself will be the start of new dynasty. But that destiny is not here, in Arizona” The spider slowly shrunk down and landed in the palm of Kaine’s hand and bit him! Kaine yelped and snapped his hand shut, green and yellow goo running through the cracks of his fingers. He flicked off the gook and it hit the sky, running down spelling out a word.

“Minneapolis?”

“That is correct” said spider voice, and hundreds of little spiders made of light erupted from the goo and scurried up to form the pattern of a giant spider in the sky.

“What’s in Minneapolis?” asked Kaine as the spider faded from view leaving him alone on top of Spider Rock. “Giant spider? Daniel? Hello?” The only other thing around was the rising sun, peeking over the horizon.

Kaine wiped his brow as the hot sun beat down on him. He’d left the Nation of Plains quietly, but there was almost no need; Daniel had flown off towards Nevada, Distain took off like a shot and Nicholas had jumped on a bike and rode off, all before he’d even returned from Spider Rock. Kaine hoisted his bindle and kept walking.

Kaine shook the dust off himself as he came across a town. He’d been walking in a north-easterly direction, no real bearings just walking for the past nineteen days. He’d been set on by some krangs who soon learned he wasn’t a meal. A roving band of Goblins wasn’t so smart and were taught the ultimate lesson. He caught sight of a rusted sign that had been shot several times hanging limply from a disused power pole; a sign that read “o Nebraska The husk State”

“Well isn’t this a stark hole!” declared Kaine as he wandered into the city. Two Iron Soldiers gave him the once over but were too busy chatting to bother asking for his I-Dent card. Kaine saw people heading out of a processing plant and towards a bar called The Smoke Stack. Inside the bar there was a layer of cigarette smoke thick enough to block vision. Dozens of dirty work men filed in grabbed beers and took to tables, in a chaotically organised pattern. On the wall was a large red digital display showing how long until the next shift at the plant began.

“Beer?” grunted the ugly barmaid, partially obscured by the fog of smoke

“Sure” Kaine looked around “Still renovating?” And he pointed to the gaping hole in the roof.

“Ha ha smartstark!” she snipped “That’s the glory hole!”

“The what?”

“When Scalphunter blasted Darius Stane through the roof and chased off the mad mutant Exodus” she eyed him suspiciously “Where you from stranger?”

“New York…but I recently transferred here coz…I’m part of that…new Ferrum thing” Kaine lied trying to sound convincing.

“The tank project?”

“Yeah, ssh, who told you?”

“Couple of your buddies are in the corner, lousy tippers”

Kaine nodded picked up his beer and left, as she scowled at him. He headed over to the table with three men and a woman in Ferrum coats.

“…say the Fisk wants the Chairm…who are you?” said the weedy, weasel faced man who was in mid-sentence.

“I’m…the new guy” Kaine smiled and thrust out his hand. The weasel took it and shook it, limply. His eyes darted all over Kaine’s face.

“Why do you look familiar?”

Kaine shrugged as he sat down “I get that a lot”

“Sorry, what was your name?” asked the woman across from him.

“Oh it’s…Parker. Parker Petersen” Kaine smiled at his own pun.

“Let’s see your I-Dent?” questioned the weasel.

Kaine reached into his pocket and slapped his I-Dent card on the table confidentially, his fingers readying a venom blast to send these science starks to hell.

“Minneapolis huh Parker” said the woman “Is Rappacini still in charge of Ferrum there?”

“No, idiot!” snapped the weasel “She was killed two years ago for becoming romantically involved with her Russian monkey!”

“You mean the Red Ghost programme?”

“I do”

“Now starking way!”

Kaine looked at his I-Dent card that seemed to magically sparkle. There was his picture with the name: Parker Petersen printed underneath along with Ferrum credentials for Minneapolis. Kaine smiled as he saw a spider run off the card and towards the table edge.

“We shall not suffer a spider to live!” shrieked the weasel as his hand came down to squash the tiny thing, when Kaine’s hand shot across the table and caught him by the wrist. The weasel glared at him as Kaine upended a glass and covered the spider. He slid a coaster under the glass and released the weasel with a slightly forceful jerk.

The weasel glared at Kaine “What the stark Petersen?”

Kaine returned the glare, stood up and disposed of the spider on the windowsill, allowing it to run off. Kaine returned to the table “The reason we have so many cockroaches, flies and bugs is because we keep killing the wrong spiders.” Kaine raised his glass “Anyways, cheers!”

Kaine aka Parker Petersen spent the next two weeks ‘working’ at a site within the Omaha Iron Sentinel Plant on Ferrum’s new project; a cryo-tank. A high-tech combat vehicle capable of firing a below sub-zero pulse. Kaine knew enough science to bluff his way through but cracks were appearing, and weasel or as his badge said ‘Waylon Roberts’, was watching him like a hawk.

“Your numbers for the power couplings don’t add up Petersen!” barked Weasel across the lab “Are you a starking idiot?”

Kaine looked around “Is there something you want?”

Waylon stormed over to Kaine’s station “There’s something up with you! I can’t put my finger on it. I checked with Minneapolis, your pass checks out but nobody’s ever heard of you! Why is that Petersen?”

“We can’t all be annoying starks like you” smiled Kaine

Weasel poked his finger into Kaine’s chest “Don’t get smart with me! I outrank you!”

Kaine grabbed weasel’s fingers, bent them backwards and snapped them like carrots! He kept up the pressure and weasel’s arm crackled like a bag of popcorn. Weasel went to scream but Kaine shot a glob of webbing into his mouth as his arm was twisted like a pretzel.

“My name is Kaine Reilly, maybe you’ve heard of me. I’m a spider, the Scarlet Spider to be specific. You know that little phrase you starks keep quoting ‘We shall not suffer a spider to live!’ Ever wonder how us spiders feel about that?” Kaine grabbed weasel by the collar and brought him nose to nose “We don’t like it!”

Parker Petersen stood looking at the body Waylon Roberts hanging by webbing from the roof. The other members of the Ferrum team joined him, along with a team of Iron Soldiers.

“You found him?” barked a soldier ‘I-Dent card!”

Kaine handed over his pass “Um yeah”

The Soldier flipped up his visor and looked between the card and Kaine several times before handing it back “You touch him”

“Stark no!” Kaine recoiled in faux horror.

Another Iron Soldier grabbed a typed note from Waylon’s pocket and read it out “I’m sorry. I’ve been lying for so long. Danzig, I love you…I want to be with you, but knowing I can’t is too much to bear. The Spider’s offer me no solace either. Good bye cruel world!’ Which one of you is Danzig?”

A small, balding fifty-year old sheepishly raised his hand. The Soldier stepped forward and grabbed him “You’re coming with us. This room is now under quarantine due to Spider contamination”

“You can’t! This is a Ferrum site”

“Lady, it’s a spider crime”

“The Chairman will hear about this!”

The Soldier glared at the woman “Why do you Ferrum starks always threaten us with threats of the Chairman! We’re on the same side!”

“Caveman”

“Okay you’re under arrest!”

“Why!” she protested

“To shut you up and maybe teach you a lesson” He spun her around and cuffed her “How about you?”

“Me, no!” said Kaine stepping back hands up in surrender “Go team”

The Smoke Stack, Omaha Nebraska

“Beer?” barked the ugly barmaid

“Sure” replied Kaine taking a seat

‘Here about the fire?”

“…no” said Kaine as he sipped his beer, which was closer to vinegar than beer.

“One of them Ferrum starks was a spider! Set fire to his lab. I hear he had extra eyes in the back of his head and hairy palms!”

“Really” Kaine smiled

“Yeah had to throw out a whole stack of glasses, the stark use to come in here and drink. Would you believe that?”

Kaine ironically gazed at the filthy dirt encrusted mug and smiled again before putting the beer down.

Minneapolis

Kaine showed the Iron Soldier his I-Dent card. The Soldier glanced at it and sent him on his way. Kaine had been to Minneapolis when he was a kid; the city sure had changed since then. Kaine wandered around surveying the bustling city, before heading to some four hours later a green space called Target Field, a place know for its public executions making Minneapolis on paper, safer. Kaine sat down on a bench next to a short man with dark hair and a scruffy beard and he noticed a tattoo on his neck; a spider.

“That’s a pretty bold statement” said Kaine

“Da!” said the man in a thick New Latverian accent “Very few people can wear beard properly”

Kaine smiled “I meant the tattoo”

“As I explain many times, I am not spider!” he turned to Kaine

“I am!” said Kaine holding out his hand “Kaine Reilly, the Scarlet Spider”

The man smiled as he looked at Kaine’s outstretched hand “Are you circus performer?”

“No”

“Last person I met who introduced himself like that was circus performer, like me!” He struck a grand pose “I am Anatoly Vanko! Escape artist extraordinaire! So you must be SHIELD yes?”

“No, I just spotted your tattoo was all”

Anatoly shrugged and pulled out a bag of licorice “Well I am waiting to meet a SHIELD; you may join me waiting wanted fugitive” Kaine looked at him strangely when Anatoly added “I watch news, you are criminal! Don’t worry, so am I”

Kaine took a piece and chewed on it, watching the sun set “Beautiful day”

“Da!”

http://www.comicvine.com/forums/fan-fic/8/marvel-iron-age-distain-part-2/650662/ http://www.comicvine.com/forums/fan-fic/8/marvel-iron-age-distain-part-3/650903/

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By joshmightbe

Like the story, one thing about the Nation of the Plains thing, the tepees? Its not a huge thing but could we maybe say that's just where they have guests they don't completely trust stay?

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By batkevin74

@joshmightbe: Well they are mobile within the Nation, basically because if they stay too long in the one spot they could get detected. I do like the idea of a people constantly on the move, ready to pack up and go in an instant if need be, plus it gets them back to their traditional ways. I also had a look at teepees, some of them are massive! Like circus marquee's so it's not camping, it's pretty luxurious at times.

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By joshmightbe

@batkevin74: I assumed you weren't talking about the tiny tents

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By batkevin74

Bumped for referencing

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By batkevin74
No Caption Provided

Bumped!!

DickGrayson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By DickGrayson

@batkevin74: I think Matthew Drake with is Symbiote in Full control should have at Kaine Reilly! Not right now though if you don't want to, but I think a crossover would be cool.

No Caption Provided

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By batkevin74

@DickGrayson: See my response in SS8 :)

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points