Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Marvel Iron Age: S.H.I.E.L.D

Holland’s Gambit Part 1

Introducing the players in this chapter:

The Avengers: http://www.comicvine.com/forums/fan-fic-8/marvel-iron-age-avengers-assemble-part-1-734918/#6

Mockingbird: http://www.comicvine.com/forums/fan-fic-8/marvel-iron-age-mockingbird-the-avenger-part-1-650987/#2

Esperanza from the S.H.I.E.L.D story "Reprisal": http://www.comicvine.com/forums/fan-fic-8/marvel-iron-age-shield-reprisal-part-4-652919/#1

and

X-Faction: http://www.comicvine.com/forums/fan-fic-8/marvel-iron-age-the-x-faction-part-2-721526/#9

Denver, Colorado:

Denver Iron Hall

General Demetri Alberti stood at the head of his troops in full uniform. He was lifelong military. It was in his blood. For generations his family served in the Iron Army. For generations his family held a dangerous secret. Next to him was Agent Kimberlyn of Shield. “You sure this will work?” The General asked the young agent next to him.

“Comander Holland thinks it will.” Kimberlyn said as she took a syringe and jabbed herself in the arm with it. She winced at the slight pain and released a steady breath as she exhaled. “That is good enough for me.”

“Do you have to shoot yourself up with that stark in front of me?” Demetri asked as he looked at the agent in disgust. His family held long standing connections with the North American branch of S.H.I.E.L.D. For years he gave them information and supplies. When Commander Augustus Holland finally called in for a favor… he complied.

“My psychic abilities get a huge boost on the stuff.” Kimberlyn snapped as she looked ahead focused on the troops in formation in front of her. “And that is equally beneficial to you. Not all of these men are doing this of their free will. Keeping them in focus is hard.”

“So these men will have supreme loyalty to me? Just like that?” The General questioned as he eyed the young agent.

“Just say the words. To them it’ll be just like hearing it from the Supreme Commander himself.” The mutant replied.

An Iron Army Orbital Station:

Mockingbird along with former prisoners from the country formally called the United Kingdom hijacked an Iron Army orbital instillation. From here the plan was simple. She was going to release Jarvis, the artificial intelligence that had raised and trained her to be an Avenger inside of a Pym Pocket her whole life inside of into the Iron Army’s communications network. From there the A.I will hack into enemy armor and disable it.

~Are you confident in this plan, Nora? ~

“I have to.” Mockingbird said as she typed in lines of code into the computer in front of her. “The world isn’t going to save itself, Edwin.”

The computer hummed in response as Jarvis loaded onto the computer. ~Should this plan fail?~

Nora sat back in the chair and waited for Jarvis to do his work. “Then an inspirational failure it will be. I kinda wish I was down there in the fight that’s coming up. I’ve been playing support for so starking long I can’t stand it! The Avengers are in Colorado to!”

~I have control of this stations systems. Booting into comm. Sats. And for the record Nora. I’m glad you’re not in any unnecessary danger. ~

Nora the Mockingbird looked at the image of the Earth she orbited. The Earth she was trying to save. She smiled, “That’s sweet, Edwin.”

Colorado

Iron Sentinel Factory:

Holo-Diary entry

Been gone a long time! Alyssa, Drake, Tank and I were rotting in the Vault. Then this S.H.I.E.L.D guy, Commander Holland shows up! I think this guy is crazy! Taking over a state? A whole battalion of Iron Sentinels swarmed us a few months ago! ! Now where am I? Infiltrating an Iron Sentinel factory with Tank, a woman that says she’s a former assassin for the Iron Army and a cape wearing robot!

End Transmission

“I am a synthezoid, Cam Evans.” Vision corrected as he phased in and out of Several Iron Soldiers, shutting their armor off as Tank tossed them around like broken toys.

“Why you pick now to write in your starking diary is beyond me!” Jessica Mongoose screamed as she tossed grenades onto a ramp above her. The ramp exploded. The debris dropped on top of two Iron soldiers.

“Tank, doesn’t get it either!” Tank the hulking mutant of X-Faction said.

Cam shot an arc of electricity at a group intercepting soldiers before they could tackle Tank and caused them to explode in fiery chunks of metal. “Never mind that! Stark! Mongoose got that signal from Holland yet!”

“No! I hav—“ The holographic monitor on her wrist chimed and a smile widened on her face. “Mockingbird did her thing! Holland’s message got through!”

Jessica typed on her screen and then the entire factory rumbled. The supports holding the sentinels shook all over the facility. In seconds they were free and marched through the base. Everyone looked to the sky. Metal giants flocked and darkened large sections of the sky.

Jessica’s face lit up. “All is going to plan so far.” The Avenger looked over to Vision. “Hey robot, how is the conversion going?”

Visions eyes lit up. “Setting up friend or foe identifications. Messaging for immediate extraction. Iron soldiers at this facility are pulling back. It’s up to the militia now.”

Milita HQ

Colorado Mountains:

The Milita were a group of organized rebels under Commander Holland’s command. They were made up of former Iron Army soldiers, patriots angry with the government and people with nothing to lose. Of those people some were manufacturers of the very armor that oppressed the entire world. They supplied weapons and armor to the milita.

Their job was to engage the Iron Amry in several counties while S.H.I.E.L.D hit other targets. They were a diversionary force; to give the illusion for at least awhile that the whole state was in open rebellion.

The headquarters was located on the base of a mountain and built up as a crude camp. Power cables plugged into computers kept constant contact with S.H.I.E.L.D command at the Vault. Old radios were maintained as a means for secondary communication, just in case. “Sir we have those Iron pigs pinned down or running for a retreat in several counties.”

“That’s great Esperanza.” Commander Holland said over a flickering view screen. Esperanza worked with Holland in Chicago during a S.H.I.E.L.D mission that went wrong. Months later she was on the run with as many people as she could take as her former employer Alan Bryce fought the Supreme Commander. A year later Augustus Holland found her and she has been working with Shield ever since.

“Now give orders for them to hold their positions. No since in occupying territory we can’t hold anyway.” Holland commanded.

“Yes, sir!” Esperanza said. Esperanza’s holographic interface flashed on her wrist. With a touch she opened it and scanned the message. Her eyes grew wide. “Sir, there is a fleet of Iron soldiers coming in over the rockies! They’ll coming faster than expected! We’ll be over run in minutes!”

Commander Holland nodded and remained calm. “Now the moment of truth is upon us. Hopefully the Vault Mutants keep their word. Holland out.” He said as he cut the transmission.

The Vault Mutants:

Six mutants or former prisoners stood on top of a mountain and watched as hundreds of Iron Army ships and troops were speeding toward the border. Holland had promised them a chance to fight their former masters. He had delivered. On the condition they help him fight his war. But faced with freedom for the first time in their lives; promise seemed like a small thing to break in comparison.

“Well here we are. What does the human want us to do again? Risk our lives for a bunch of other humans? I mean why should we? What have they done for us?” Said a female mutant as she tapped her foot on the ground and watched the fleet etch closer.

“Lock us up.” Said a mutant.

“There was all the torture.” Said another.

“Stark him! Let’s just leave!” Said one with a tremble in his voice.

“I’ll say this! That human did free us.” Said another woman, who emerged from the gathered crowd and stood beside the woman who started this line of inquiry. “He’s done something no other human has. He’s an idealist. He’s been nothing but kind. What do we gain by betraying that kindness? Should we expect the Supreme Commander to just send us back to a prison?”

One of the mutants spoke up, “Mindbender—“

“Magma we have a chance to finally be free.” Mindbender said to the woman next to her. “But do you want to be a free prisoner? Or a citizen in an effort to over through the race traitor that would see us all dead?”

Magma’s eyes glowed red, “Fine. You win.” She said lazily. She outstretched her arms and took a deep breath. The ground started to rumble. A mountain in the distance started to spew flame. Lines of molten rock spilled out from the cracks. Then the earth erupted! The mountain exploded! Then another. The blasts ripped into the fleet. Boulders and magma cut through ships. Smoke clogged the air and choked the sky. No sign of the Iron Army fleet could be seen.

Magma dropped to her knees and started to breath erratically, “Hope this was worth it.” She gasped.

Mindbender knelt next to her and rubbed her back, “It will be.”

To be continued

Time_Phantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 92

User Lists: 1268

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 13

#4  Edited By batkevin74

@time_phantom: Cool, I shall read this shortly as today is Australia day and I have to do Australian things like drink, punch koalas in the face and work! :)

Must get my Iron Age back in gear.

TommytheHitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Awesome stuff! I really need to get my series expanding into the universe more.

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@time_phantom: Great chapter and I'm glad to see the Avengers back in action.

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

@time_phantom: Sorry for the late comment I'm dealing with my Burn's Night Hangover. A great read and yet more characters for me to learn about. One question where exactly is the Vault?

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@impurestcheese: Colorado

@time_phantom: Hmmm Kimberlyn. She must of survived (extract from Distain 17 http://www.comicvine.com/forums/fan-fic-8/marvel-iron-age-distain-part-17-734864/?page=1 "Distain screeched to a halt in the air. He brought up the full feed on his HUD “Iron Army from Chicago Iron Hall sprung a spider trap. Seven spiders terminated used as bait and terminated along with a suspected terrorist cell. Three soldiers were killed in the trap, no prisoners were taken. All were terminated with extreme prejudice due to spider affiliations and mutants being present”)

And that's kinda cool if she did, who doesn't love a twist or turn here & there! :)

Excellent job of bringing together the Avengers & X-Faction especially Cam doing his holo-diary, and the synthezoid "joke". Stuff is also happening in the bowels of the Vault as well.

Small typo: Their job was to engage the Iron Amry

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@impurestcheese: So it hasn't moved anywhere. Just curious about the volcano thing since we have eruptions all along the Atlantic at the moment.

Time_Phantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@batkevin74: Yep she lived. I'll explain it in another chapter. Had to have Cam doing a holo-diary entry. Wouldn't be X-Faction if I didn't. Also This story arc just screams "use the Avengers!"

@impurestcheese: That's why I put the links up top. And that you for reading.

@joshmightbe: That's part of the story. Using characters we haven't seen in a while.

@tommythehitman: Thank you.

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By batkevin74

Love that X-Faction is in this and Cam's doing mid battle diary entries :)

Bumped as I catch up @time_phantom

Time_Phantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bumped

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers