Marvel Iron Age: Predators part 3 (A Hardy and Creed/Deathstrike crossover)

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 13

Edited By joshmightbe

Continued from here part 2

Avengers HQ Brig

7 woke to find himself shackled in a cell. He sat up and looked to see where he was and noted Hawkeye in a chair snoring having nodded off on his watch. He then sighed as he dislocated his thumbs and slid the shackles off. He then slid open a small compartment on the heel of his boot and pulled out a small disc. He popped his thumbs back in place and slapped the disc on the lock. A second later the door swung open and 7 kicked Hawkeye's chair waking him, "Why the hell was I locked up?"

He shrugged, "I have no idea, they just told me to watch you."

7 looked back at the cell, "Doing a bang up job."

He then marched into the conference room where he saw Ngumi, "Care to explain what the hell is going on."

Ngumi pulled her sword instinctively as 7 grabbed his bag from the table. He then tossed a small device that sent out a magnetic pulse ripping the blade from her hand. Ngumi tried to get up but her side still hurt, "A little gift you gave me."

"I react poorly to getting stabbed for no reason."

Vision came between them, "She came to help us track you down, we were concerned."

He glared at him as he continued, "There was a rash of murders that coincided with your disappearance and I feared you were attempting to self destruct."

7 eased up a bit and looked toward Ngumi, "I haven't killed anyone since Asgard, I've had my fill of it."

"What about those muggers you attacked?"

He shrugged, "They were all breathing when I left them."

He then looked to the crime scene pictures and back to Vision, "You thought I did that? I'm insulted."

Ngumi smirked a bit at that, "Actually, upon further inspection we decided its someone else. We tried to get Hardy back to confirm but he isn't answering his phone."

7 pulled his from his bag and tried with no success. He looked back to the screen, "Show me what you know."

An abandoned warehouse

David sat groggily up on a floor and found himself bound to a pipe. Thrud stood above him, "Why were you following me?"

"Who the hell are you?"

She chuckled, "As if you don't know."

He took a closer look and noted the family resemblance, "Are you related to Magni?"

She kicked him in the gut, "Don't speak his name."

David spit up some blood, "What's your problem? I fought on his side in the Battle for Asgard, my ears are still ringing from Hiemdal's horn."

She leaned down, "If that's true, how are you alive?"

David shrugged, "Dumb luck mostly."

Her thumb then lit up with green energy and she touched his throat, "You will speak nothing but the truth. Now why were you following me?"

"I wasn't, I was trying to prove my friend didn't go crazy. I didn't know anything about you until you attacked me."

She then had another tinge of remorse as the dark voice returned, "He's a liability, kill him and be done with it."

She shook her head, "It seems unnecessary."

David looked around seeing that she seemed to be talking to herself, "Wonderful, schizophrenic goddess has me tied up."

She glared at him, "Silence, I need to think."

She stormed out leaving David alone in the dark. He yelled out, "You could have at least opened a window."

7 stood in an empty lot as he leaned down to pick up David's phone. Ngumi stood behind him, "He's probably dead."

"You didn't have to tag along."

She huffed at that, "I'm still not sure you aren't a threat, and I'm not taking my eyes off you till I know."

7 looked down at the road and noted what looked like claw marks, "Those look familiar to you?"

She leaned down, "They look identical to the pictures Vision showed me."

"No natural claws did this." He then flipped up a scanner on his gauntlet.

Ngumi stood up, "So they used a blade?"

"No, this isn't a cut its a tear, something ripped its way free of the concrete. Best guess the killer is either a mutant..."

"Or using magic." Ngumi finished his thought as she looked over the previous pictures on her data pad.

He looked up, "What makes you say that?"

She leaned down, "These aren't random cuts."

She showed him the pictures and he saw what she meant, "They carved runes in the victims."

"Specifically Asgardian runes."

She knelt down beside 7, "So an Asgardian magic user is what? Taking revenge on the Iron army? Can't say I blame them."

"Nor do I but considering what's left of Asgard is now nestled in New Latveria's backyard and considered their ally this doesn't bode well."

She sighed, "It'd be all the excuse they need to start another war, and New Latveria is already on shaky ground."

"It seems we both have good reason to put an end to this."

Back in the warehouse David did his best to calm his nerves and took several deep breaths, "Okay, time to see if the old lady really has some magic in her."

He pulled himself up a bit and concentrated on Madam Web, thinking 'Okay, I've never bought this before but I really need your mojo right now.'

He sat in silence trying to remember when his father taught him this trick and he hoped it wasn't just a legend made up to amuse dumb kids.

(To be continued)

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 92

User Lists: 1268

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

She showed him the pictures and he saw what she meant, "They carved runes in the victims."

Cool idea, what they're trying to achieve though...hmmmm not sure

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By joshmightbe

@batkevin74: At this point it can be anything from an elaborate magic spell to Thrud has just gone crazy.