TheJester

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By TheJester

THEN

A bullet slips into his shoulder, he cringes before firing out the long metal arm, feeling the contact as it slides through the soldiers skull. Gunfire continues to sound outside the dilapidated warehouse in which Octavius has taken refuge from the newly founded Iron Army, the ‘elimination squad’. Hunting down the last of his kind. The walls are quickly crumbling around him from the various firepower flying through them, debris whirls past his head, the soft breeze from each piece of the old rotting wooden structure calming him somewhat slightly before he’s brought back to reality, the reality in which his body is constantly being bombared with bullets, blood sprays onto what’s left of the walls, and the metal arms continue to mow down his opposition.

“TAKE IT DOWN!” A voice with a slightly robotic feel to it calls out from the outside, he can hear the clanging, and the loud boom that follows, which only leads to the inevitable impact. A rocket has been fired, Otto’s body flies with the rest of the warehouse, his eyes squeeze shut, and the pain is only beginning...

NOW

The old man, nude, covered in scars, and somewhat skinny, a drastic change from his old self, bursts through the wall of the Iron Hall, the screaming begins immediately as the people begin to disperse, a feeling in which he has not felt for some time sweeps over Otto....Panic...The arms whip out, slicing patrons in half upon impact, dismantling some, showing his superiority through violence, something that technology behind the times of today only knows how to do, and Otto can hear the arms screaming within his mind, they too, are scared. But he prioritizes. One of the arms flings out, lifting a blood soaked trench coat, a murky brown from a crushed corpse, before easing it on to Otto’s old body. The subtle warmth feels good against his weak skin, and he smirks for a moment, only for a moment, before being ripped back into this nightmare, it must be a nightmare.

“WHERE AM I!?” He screams, his head constantly moving, taking in the sights. It’s a different place now, the sights the buildings, everything is more advanced, so much more imposing, so much more terrifying. His weak old heart races within his chest, his breathing accelerates, and the arms go into a small spasm, before seemingly rebooting. His teeth grit, and his eyes close, images, smells, sights rush into his mind of a time before this, of a time just before he ‘slept’. A warehouse, a final battle. Why was he fighting? He can’t remember? It’s then that he remembers the bodies. The bodies of innocents, they must have been killed by him, he remembers everything. He remembers that he is....A monster....

The soldiers in the metal suits land forcefully on the pavement, cracking it beneath them. Three of them, all in black. All imposing, all looking up at him, all staring him down through artificial gazes. Stark-tech. Perfected Stark-tech. Otto snarls as he stares back, the feeling of every bullet entering his body, every scar being formed because of them. He pushes the thoughts of being a monster out of his head, and focuses on one objective. To bring pain to them, to kill them.

Two arms shoot forward as the other two hold his old body up, his feet dangling just above the ground, although the soldiers are ready, they’ve been trained for this sort of thing. Monsters like him. One of them grab the arm, while the others just swat the other away, trying to momentarily fight it off, although it’s futile, seeing as though one goes down quickly, being rammed into the pavement, his chest splattering onto the ground while the rest of his body lay perfectly in place in a blood soaked heap, leaving his other comrade to continue swatting at it, while the other still locked in a battle with a single arm, holding it tightly, sweating within the suit, the muscles in his arms aching before finally giving out. The three pronged ‘hand’ at the end of the tentacle attached itself to his helmet, before sending a metal tube from it’s center, through the helmet and into the soldiers face, before sucing in his insides, through the middle of the tentacle, into Otto. Feeding him, while the other, already lay on the ground, begging fro his life, although his begging does him nothing, as the tentacle rips his head from his body, before turning Otto around, and with all four arms, beginning to sprint through the futuristic streets of New York.

Octavious finally found himself stopping at a large metal door, the words ‘condemned’ written on it with red paint. The tentacles pryed it open before crawling in, and shutting it behind him, it opened to a large hall which led Otto down to an abandoned Subway station, cracks in the rooftop, letting light in from the world above. The patting of footsteps above, the faint screaming of bystanders still echoing through the streets, still tormenting Otto. His hands came up to his ears, trying to block out the screaming as he sat down on the pavement. His eyes finally resting on the metal arms. They locked on, as his hands lowered.

“You...You’re what turned me into a monster...I DIDN’T WANT THIS!” The arms immediately began to defend themselves within his mind, screeching entered his skull, as he began to scream in pain, they were winning him over, he couldn’t handle it. “You’re right...NO! KILL ME! LET ME DIE! WE’RE BOTH MONSTERS!” The screeching continued before coming to silence within his mind. “You’re right....There’s...There’s no going back....” Octavius looked down at his wrinkled hands, which he could see were even worse off then when he had first awoken. His body was deteriorating. Fast. “We...We have to finish it...NO! Yes...My children...We can find redemption, we will soon die, this is true, but, we can take as many of those Iron Bastards down with us as possible..But...But I need your help.”

The arms all raised, opening in unison around his head, before he gave them a soft smile. “I’m so very happy we’ve come to an agreement...Maybe....Maybe even monsters deserve a second chance...” His heart was still racing, and it’s pace only hastened as the large door in which he had entered burst open, light pouring in from the large hallway, and there, standing in the light in the distance..Was an entire squad of the Iron Soldiers.

“Prepare to be fired upon...” Their commander called out.

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#2  Edited By joshmightbe

I'm really liking this so far

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 13

#3  Edited By batkevin74

@TheJester: I read this today on my phone, very very good! I love Otto's struggle with, well himself but not really. Going to love seeing him adjust to the world of 2201, even just survive coz he's a relatively normal human (physiologically speaking) now well over 250yrs old...them arms are pretty much keeping that frail old man together! Great work lets have another

wildvine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 50

#4  Edited By wildvine

I have not read a lot of Iron Age stuff, but I do like that you have the original Doc Ock in the future. There were a few hiccups in the writing, but it was very enjoyable nonetheless.

DickGrayson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By DickGrayson

@TheJester: Annndd! It is amazing!

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers