joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 13

Edited By joshmightbe

Continued from here part 9

Chthon attempted to leave the field but an energy barrier stopped him and the former Hell Lords. He recognized it, "This is at best temporary Sorcerer, but I am slightly impressed."

Warstar floated above them, "I usually prefer a peaceful solution."

Chthon smiled, "The only peace you will find is in death."

The Juggernaut roared in an inhuman voice, "Shut up and fight."

He plowed through the line of demons and slammed a fist into the face of the elder god sending him back a step. He was shocked to see a bit of blood dripping from his lip, "So, you decided to handle things yourself?"

The voice of Cyttorak came from the Juggernaut, "I've dreamed of this."

"You might burn out that mortal shell."

He laughed, "There are billions more."

Warstar felt a bit ill at having to side with him but pushed it from his mind as the Juggernaut slammed a fist into Chthon's gut. The elder god retaliated by backhanded him across the field, "You overestimate yourself demon."

Warstar finished the spell he was working on and there was a flash of light as two figures appeared. One was a surprised looking Magni. Thrud was upset by his disheveled appearance but he seemed happy to see her. The other was Beta Ray Bill who stood unfazed and ready to fight as he looked to Magni and then to Warstar, "What's the situation?"

Warstar pointed to the elder god holding Juggernaut up by the throat. Bill clapped Magni on the back, "Come little brother, battle calls."

He then hurled Stormbreaker at Chthon knocking his hand away from the Juggernaut. He then shouted, "I have faced Galactus himself, I have no fear of you."

Chthon glared back toward the demons, "Attack."

Zemo walked back into his base and called Lash, "I need you to bring me the one known as Mephisto."

He nodded, "Live or dead?"

Zemo looked to Tinkerer who replied, "We just need his brain."

Zemo shrugged, "Just keep his head intact, aside from that I don't care about the specifics."

"No problem."

Zemo then turned to Cutthroat, "You and Tinkerer are going to load up the transports. I want nothing left behind that can leave a trail. If you can't move it destroy it."

Cutthroat nodded, "And what are you gonna do?"

Zemo gave a wary look, "I'm going to test a bit of merchandise."

He then opened a container door and stepped in.

Fry and the Shield agents looked on as the demons began to attack Magni and Bill. Quartermain stepped up beside him, "I just heard back from HQ, we're supposed to enssure this threat is neutralized."

Sterns sighed, "I hate wet work."

Fry chuckled, "Look on the bright side, its more than likely this is the last time you'll ever have to."

Molly pulled out her knife, "Ever the optimist, honey."

Fry gave her a grin, "Lets get to work."

On the field Magni and Thrud fought side by side slicing down demons as they came. Bill took them tore through the ranks as he moved for Chthon. Arson, Shift and Callous aided Magni and Thrud in battle as Lash walked past Murmur who hid behind a tree, "Taking a breather, are we?"

She glared, "I'm a bit out of my league here."

He shrugged as he looked over to see Mephisto, "I'm sure Cutthroat would love the company if you'd like to head back to base."

She sighed as she stood, "I'd rather get killed by demons."

Chthon stood over Juggernaut with an energy ball about to strike when Cyttorak spoke, "I have some tricks of my own."

Chthon launched his attack but it was deflected by a shield made of red energy. He then raised his hand and the energy wrapped around the elder god who struggled against it, "The Crimson Bands are a bit stronger when I use them myself."

He then snatched up Chthon and fired off several shots into his face. Finally the god grew furious and shattered the bands before savagely attacking his enemy. He slammed the Juggernaut into the ground and black energy bolts rained down from the sky slamming into him.

The Shield Agents arrived behind Warstar. Fry stopped, "What's the plan here?"

Warstar looked down, "This is too..."

Fry cut him off, "Its what we signed on for, now what do you need us to do?"

He nodded, "We need to get the Darkhold away from Chthon so we can send him back to where ever he came from, we need to clear out these demons. And we have to make sure Zemo's crew doesn't stab us in the backs."

Quartermain looked over the field, "Not sure we can prevent the last part, but Beta Ray and the Asgardians seem to have the second part in hand for the moment."

He looked to Fry, "Just gonna need to do some good old fashioned thievery for the first thing. Molly and Fry will run interference, Mr. Wizard here will go help the Juggernaut keep the scary god thing preoccupied and Me and Sterns will try to pick pocket a god without getting killed."

Warstar was put off by the nonchalant manner Quartermain laid out his plan but he accepted it and flew off to help Juggernaut. He threw out a mystic shield to protect the Juggernaut from the energy attack and then hurled a blast of his own at the god. He fired off several more blasts rapidly crashing into Chthon as Fry and Molly cleared a path for Quartermain and Sterns.

Mephisto stood in the field watching his fellow Hell Lords fight like animals, he was disgusted at the sight. One of Lash's tendrils shot toward him but he turned and caught it, "Sneaky one aren't you?"

He nodded and sent a current through the tendril. Mephisto felt the shock but gave a grin, "I may be diminished but I was born of fire."

He then yanked Lash forward and drove him to the ground with an elbow to the throat. He stood up and placed a foot on Lash's chest as he roared to the other demons, "Fight like Hell Lords, power or no we are still demons."

Many continued as they were but those who had been Hell Lords before today stepped back as the lower demons continued to be destroyed by their enemies. Lucifer remember some spells and used one to increase his strength greatly. He looked to the demon Belasco, "I taught the first witches magic, I've rarely needed such lowly spells but for once I'm glad I took the time to learn them.'

He noticed Callous tearing through the ranks, "Time to test my strength."

He marched through the chaos toward the Chechyen mutant and challenged him, "I am the first of the fallen beast, I will not fall again so easily."

Callous turned with a demon held by the neck, " I like the horns, I'll hang them on my wall."

Lucifer grinned as Callous charged, he brought down a fist like a hammer and sent him face first to the ground. He then kicked him in the face as he tried to get up. He then leaned down, "I was hoping for a challenge."

Callous began to chuckle and grabbed Lucifer by the throat as he put his feet beneath him, "I am no simple beast, I am a monster."

He then slashed his enemy across the face and caught him by the horn as he began to fall. He ripped the horn from the side of his head, "Told you I'd have them."

Lucifer roared in pain as he struck back. He punched Callous in the face and chest several times. Several of the lesser demons took advantage and pounced on the mutant driving him back to the ground. Arson attempted to help but Lucifer stopped the flame before mocking him, "You should have stayed a mere distraction."

As he moved toward him him he passed through an odd fog bank. Arson smiled, "Who said I wasn't a distraction?"

Shift then solidified his hand in Lucifer's chest, "You need to breathe now don't you?"

He then ripped a chunk from the lung and it began filling with blood as Shift pulled away. The former Hell Lord hit the ground, drowning in his own fluids. Shift turned, "These demons are mouthy bastards."

A blade then shot through Shift as Belasco spoke, "Its a common problem."

Shift quickly reverted to his gaseous state to avoid death. He attempted to seep into Belasco's throat but the demon disappeared and reappeared behind him then wrapping him in a mystic orb, "Where do you people think dark magic came from?"

He then hurled him away as Arson shot a flame at him. He raised his hand and wrapped the flame around him sending it to the ground. Callous hurled the demons off him and went for Belasco but the demon went intangible and let him pass through. As he chuckled a blast of energy hit him. The field went silent for a moment as the Destroyer stepped onto the field. The face plate opened to reveal Zemo inside, "I could get used to this."

Magni, Thrud and Bill looked on with dread but decided to deal with it later.

(To be continued)

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 92

User Lists: 1268

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Time_Phantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Reread this. I love. I'm freaking goosepimpley excited! Epic story telling!

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

@joshmightbe: Good boy Daniel!

Warstar floated above them, "I usually prefer a peaceful solution."

Chthon smiled, "The only peace you will find is in death."

Always attempting the heroic before the inevitable. Good chapter

joshmightbe

Forum Posts