Marvel Iron Age: Magneto #0

TommytheHitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By TommytheHitman

War never changes. At the hands of the psychopathic Madman known as Stryfe the majority of the mutant population has been enslaved in horrific testing grounds. With Stryfe torturing countless innocents it's only an amount of time before someone fights back...

2188, The Wilds, Ferrum Labs #215

"Erik. Open your eyes."

A slight bump caused Erik's eyes to open regardless of whether he wanted to or not. When he looked around he remembered exactly why this was the worst place he could ever be. He was in a prison convoy. Only the people around him weren't criminals exactly... he looked around to see a bus filled with dozens of innocent people. Many had deformities. Green skin. Three eyes. One even had four arms sprouting from his chest. Why were they here? The answer was simple. Because they were all mutants.

Erik was a mutant too.

"Erik. When the soldier comes I want you to hold your palm out." Erik's father, John Maystrike said calmly. What was his father's deformity? Well he didn't have one exactly. Neither did his mother who was sat to Erik's left. All of the Maystrike family was shackled together.

"Why father?" Erik asked. "What's he going to do?"

Sarah Maystrike stared at her son. She didn't smile. She didn't cry. She was just there.

"Whatever he does Erik. You will face it like a mutant. Don't be ashamed of who you are. Don't let weak men control your life. We are all mutants. We are all family. Do you understand?"

Erik was silent.

"Yes mother."

"You! Give me your arm!"

Erik looked up to see a man in a metal suit staring down at him. He waited angrily for Erik to pass his arm.

"Now!"

The Iron Soldier grabbed Erik by the shoulder as he pulled his wrist over. The Soldier stabbed a syringe into Erik's palm causing a thick electric blue blob to enter his vein. The Soldier threw Erik's arm down as he moved down the line without saying a word.

"You!" A Soldier said as John Maystrike stood up from his chair. His feet still shackled to the floor. "What are you doing?!"

"We've been on this ride for hours!" John yelled. "I need to stretch!"

"I don't care." The Soldier walked over and smashed his fist into John's face knocking him back to the ground. "Everyone remember this! You don't move unless we tell you too! Understood?!"

The mutants stared at the Soldier. Erik could feel the hatred flowing towards him. Whatever terrible crime Erik and his family had done to be in this situation Erik didn't understand. Despite everything that was going to happen in the next 12 years. Erik would not forgive the monsters that had caused this suffering onto his people.

"Erik. Wake up."

Erik's eyes opened to see a man without a nose... or teeth for that matter. He was looking down at him and his body was shriveled up due to lack of food.

"Toad. I thought I told you not to wake me." Erik said as he slowly pulled himself up out of his bed. He looked around to see the holding cell he was in. It hadn't changed all the time he'd been here... since he'd last seen his parents.

"I wish you'd stop calling me that..." Toad groaned. "Just because I eat flies?!"

Erik stood up carefully. He gritted his teeth in pain as he stood on his damaged foot. The last time he'd tried to escape a Soldier had nearly cut it through to the bone. He awkwardly waddled over to the cell door and glanced out. In the distance he could hear explosions.

"It's not because you eat Flies, Toad." Erik groaned. "It's because of your gift... your tongue..."

FWAPP!

"Sorry." Toad said as his tongue fwapped back into his mouth. "I was hungry..."

"What's going on outside?" Erik asked.

"Goblins."

Erik thought for a second. The Goblins were a group of psychopathic madmen. Who HATE Ferrum Corp. It wasn't unlike them to attack the building like this... however it just didn't seem right.

"Are you sure?" Erik demanded. The explosions were getting louder.

Toad looked terrified for a second.

"Oh jeez I hope they aren't Krangs... I couldn't bear the thought..."

Erik frowned. There wasn't a way to escape the explosions. Or cell for that matter. (Erik had tried many times)

"Why are you so optimistic Toad? After everything that's been done to us... how does anyone stay like you are all the time?"

"I dunno. Why do you keep saying we're gifted?"

Erik glanced out the cell. The explosions were right up close.

BWOOM!

The explosion destroyed the cell door. Sending Erik and Toad flying backwards. Erik tried to look up as he started to fade into unconsciousness.

"The time has come my brothers." A voice said. "Today you will be free of the oppression that binds you to this place of sin and torture!"

The power went out in the base. The collar around Erik's neck deactivated for the first time. A tingly sensation filled Erik's body.

"Who are you...?" Erik asked.

"My name is Darwin. I'm here to help you. To help ALL of you."

No Caption Provided

To be continued....

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

Cool, its a great start.

AweSam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I actually really loved this. The way you made out the beginning like a holocaust which the original Erik Lehnsherr was a survivor of. Great job.

TommytheHitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cbishop, @batkevin74 (Heh. With ME in this universe it's only a matter of time until a Sharpshot/Scalphunter rematch!)

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 92

User Lists: 1268

#5  Edited By cbishop
TommytheHitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump!

wildvine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 50

First, I read this because I clicked the back link. So well done there. The name and origin was a tad coincidental for my taste, but overall I really enjoyed this.

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 13

@tommythehitman: Darwin....there's someone the Supreme Commander has severely overlooked! Has to be a story in there somewhere :) Nice welcome aboard/back to the Iron Age!

TommytheHitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump!

Time_Phantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers