Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Time_Phantom

Marvel Iron Age: Lady Deathstrike # 6

Chicago,

The HQ of Bryce Technologies:

“Oh, how I’ve been honored by this visit, Nathan.” Alan said peering up from his desk as the Chairman of Ferrum towered over him.

“Alan we need to talk.” He voice was hard and his facial expression never changed from the slight scowl on his face.

Alan smiled, “We’re talking now aren’t we? Or are you trying to buy my company again? Maybe you want to talk about a certain country you own being five hundred kilometers under an ocean, Or Essex and hey what about the overall insanity in New Latveria that you absolutely have something to do with?”

With a slight twitch the Chairman of Ferrum slammed Alan into the dry wall with enough telekinetic force to leave a very visible hole. “The information you stole from me gave you back this company. Sinister is dead as far as I am concerned. Danvers and Doom are fighting each other, I say well good for them.” The Chairman dropped Alan on top of his desk and dragged him across the room. “The only reason you draw breath is because you as it may be remain useful in your own special way.”

Alan was pinned to the ceiling and was unfazed by the display. “You’re talking about what Danvers saw with what you’re inside reports call the traveler? Aren’t you?”

“Something is coming, Alan. Now you can either volunteer that impressive bunch you command in the slums districts and the… well you know what I’m talking about.” The chairman dropped his head which slammed Alan back down to the floor. As the chairman walked over him he said, “Do we have an understanding?”

“Yes, Nathan I think we do. For once I think we do.” Alan answered.

The Chairman of Ferrum smiled. “Good.” He said as he walked out of Alan’s office. “Oh and I do think it’s a waste of time dealing with the Shield agent. She is not your type and being naïve about it is a mistake. ”

“Former, Shield agent.” Alan corrected as he picked himself off the ground. “And I don’t think she is a waste of time. Same thing I think about you. No matter how evil your actions, Stryfe I do think you have the best interests of earth in mind. The advancements you’ve achieve have brought humanity to the forefront.”

“All out of necessity.” The Chairman said as he stood in the doorway with his back turned on Alan.

“I don’t believe that. “ Alan said with his arms crossed over his chest.

“You may be pleasantly surprised.” The Chairman said as he left the doorway and made his way down the hall. He said loud enough for Alan to hear as he walked, “Did you know she’s killed again?”

San Francisco,

Last Night:

Ngumi Takada journeyed into the night fully equipped. She wore a black suit and mask that was both bullet proof and laser resistant. Tiny built in machines enhanced her strength and speed to a very small degree. With of course the addition of the new sword she carried. She flew through the sky with a glider that made next to no sound when at high speed.

She hovered over a warehouse that was being ransacked by a group of ten. One by one they emptied the building and after three hours passed they seemed to have found what they were looking for and loaded of number of crates into a truck in alley behind the building. She banked her glider to meet the thieves. Firing her aircraft’s cannons indiscriminately into the group.

Four were instantly killed by the laser fire and as she flew away she made a sharp turn and returned fire on the group. She flew in fast, stabbing one through the chest and throwing him into a wall. The six that were left returned fire, repulsor blasts. Ngumi blasted three of them with a missile that sent them scattering. Filling the alley with smoke and concealing her presence.

Ngumi jumped in the gray smoke. “What the hell was that…”

“She threw smoke!”

“Where is every…”

“Everyone stay close!”

The group heard a noise that sounded like a sword being unsheathed. They didn’t know where it came from and started shooting into the thick grey smoke. “You aren’t sneaking up on us!” One of them said as the smoke cleared.

“Hey where did that… where’d it go?” One of them asked.

As soon as one of them turned to give a reply, he noticed a red dot on his partners head. “Stark! Dude you’ve gotta…” He didn’t finish his sentence, being cut off by his partner’s head exploding and blood and chunks of bone splashing on his face.

“Sniper!” One said before an explosion blasted through the air and a massive hole appeared through his chest.

Ngumi picked off another three with a rifle and incapacitated one by blowing out her knees. “Amateurs… all of them.” She said as she set her rifle down. She jumped from the roof top and slowly made her way to the thief.

She cradled her legs and writhed in pain. Looking up she saw, Ngumi march over to her. “Fancy glider, huh? Generates a hard light hologram and a virtual intelligence can have it almost fly itself.” Ngumi said, in a dark voice. “It can even imitate sound. Now you my friend I need answers from.”

Ngumi stood over the other woman, the former shield agent unsheathed her sword. The sound made her target shudder. “I want to know who, Nobody?”

“That would be Mr. Nobody to you Shield agent.” A voice that seemed to come from nowhere said.

Ngumi whipped behind her and blocked a repulsor blast with her sword. The impact knocked on her back. Her attacker wore a set of black armor that was segmented to allow for faster movement on the ground. It was lighter than other armors used by the iron army, but just as dangerous. “You’re quiet. A teleporter?” Ngumi asked in a calm voice as she took off her mask.

The man vanished and as Ngumi looked over to the truck, the world around it appeared to twist and in an instant the man calling himself Nobody appeared. “Yes. And you… are interesting. You dress up like one of Alan’s shadows. But you obviously aren’t. You killed nine people without a thought. ”

Nobody placed a hand on the side of the truck, “Alan has found an interesting woman to get behind. I hope you aren’t like the last one.”

Ngumi was following this lead since arriving in the city. Alan sent her here and to track this man down. He claimed not to know of him and gave few details about him. “You seem to know a lot about my employer.”

Nobody vanished with the truck and the air echoed with, “Do not get in my way again.”

The next morning,

San Francisco Iron hall:

“Any leads on that triple murder cross the street from that club?” Lieutenant Trask said as she walked up and down a line of soldiers.

“No ma’am!” They all said.

She looked to a younger male soldier who had a nervous look on his face. “No evidence was found at the scene. The John Doe’s weren’t carrying any I.D.”

Lieutenant Trask nodded, “Did you sweep the area for witnesses? What about that bar across the street? Someone must have seen something or at least the building’s cameras did?”

The soldier shrunk in his armor and avoided eye contact with the superior officer. Trask rolled her eyes and said, “Soldier I know you’re a transfer and with you coming from the New York hall it may be hard, but in my Iron Hall we do actual police work! We do not blow up circus tents because drunken archers embarrass us or kick little old ladies into traffic! You N’Yorkers piss me off.” She barked. “All of you dismissed!”

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#2  Edited By joshmightbe

great chapter, I liked the beginning and I'll love to see where that thread goes. Ngumi was impressive as always

AweSam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By AweSam

Good job. Adding now.

TheCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 47

#4  Edited By TheCannon
No Caption Provided
batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5  Edited By batkevin74

@Time_Phantom said:

Alan smiled, “We’re talking now aren’t we? Or are you trying to buy my company again? Maybe you want to talk about a certain country you own being five hundred kilometers under an ocean, Or Essex and hey what about the overall insanity in New Latveria that you absolutely have something to do with?”

With a slight twitch the Chairman of Ferrum slammed Alan into the dry wall with enough telekinetic force to leave a very visible hole. “The information you stole from me gave you back this company. Sinister is dead as far as I am concerned. Danvers and Doom are fighting each other, I say well good for them.” The Chairman dropped Alan on top of his desk and dragged him across the room. “The only reason you draw breath is because you as it may be remain useful in your own special way.”

God I love telekinesis! It's such an awesome power that you can slam people around like rag dolls and there's very little you can do about it! Alan's lucky the Chairman didn't tear his head OFF his shoulders :)

@Time_Phantom said:

“Soldier I know you’re a transfer and with you coming from the New York hall it may be hard, but in my Iron Hall we do actual police work! We do not blow up circus tents because drunken archers embarrass us or kick little old ladies into traffic! You N’Yorkers piss me off.” She barked. “All of you dismissed!”

Nice universe referencing! I liked Hawkeye (he needed a polish, the idea is good though just a clean up and he'd be great). Good story Time-Phantom, loving Ngumi and I have a feeling we'll be seeing Trask again, any relation to Bolivar Trask?

Time_Phantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Time_Phantom

@batkevin74: Well Ngumi lives in the same world as all these guys and she's been doing her own thing so I thought a little reminder would go a long way. Yes, Lieutenant Trask is related to Bolivar. Distantly at least. I liked Hawkeye to it just needed a polish like you said. Thanks for the comments, and

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By batkevin74

@Time_Phantom: Casual push to the top :)

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By batkevin74
No Caption Provided
Time_Phantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Time_Phantom

Bump for easy reference

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By batkevin74

@Time_Phantom said:

The soldier shrunk in his armor and avoided eye contact with the superior officer. Trask rolled her eyes and said, “Soldier I know you’re a transfer and with you coming from the New York hall it may be hard, but in my Iron Hall we do actual police work! We do not blow up circus tents because drunken archers embarrass us or kick little old ladies into traffic! You N’Yorkers piss me off.” She barked. “All of you dismissed!”

Re-read this, did so with Pt 7 too but couldn't bump Pt 7 coz I'd already posted twice