Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 13

Edited By joshmightbe

Continued from here part 1

Central Park

Lash and Cutthroat stand reading a scanner. Lash taps it, "The gem was definitely here."

A man wandered up and shoved a gun in Cutthroat's back, "Wallet, now."

Lash payed no attention as Cutthroat shot the man before returning attention to the scanner and pointed with his gun, "Looks like they're headed that way."

They stepped over the would be mugger and continued on. Callous was already way ahead of them but had to stop to adjust his image inducer and prevent unnecessary distractions from soldiers.

Two men sat under a bridge watching Cutthroat and Lash, a tall bald man turned to his shorter partner, "Why are we following that piece of stark."

The shorter man put down his binoculars, "We're following Zemo's scanner, and hey maybe we'll get to kill Bishop and collect on that bounty."

The bald man looked down, "How much for alive."

"They don't want him alive. Might get us back on Scalphunter's good side and get us back in the E.A.D., you know how much he hates that guy."

The bald man nodded, "It'd be nice to get out of this penny ante crap."

Near Greenwich Village

Hawkeye and David stood in front of an empty lot as the rest came up. David looked over to 7, "So are we gonna bury it or something."

7 leaned over and turned a dial on David's goggles, "Use them."

David put down his goggles as the rest put on special glasses revealing the Sanctum Sanctorum, "Okay, that's a bit more impressive."

They walked toward the entrance but there was a flash of light between the building and them. The Traveler appeared, "Yea, I can't let you leave that here."

7 glared, "We can't let anyone get it."

"I agree, but this isn't the safe place Vision remembers, when Strange died some hell lords ran through here like a hurricane. This is a little patch of hell on Earth now, and that's not hyperbole, its actually a part of Hell now and I will not let you sit something that powerful on the Devil's doorstep."

7 sighed, "Can you take it then?"

"Sorry no can do, there's about to be a new Juggernaut and its one of those set in stone type things."

Hawkeye butted in, "Just throw it in the damn invisible house, what the hell does this guy know."

7 turned to walk away, "He knows more than we do."

As the group followed the Traveler waved, "Sorry folks."

As he turned away he spoke to himself, "I hate my job sometimes."

He then turned toward the Sanctum where the Ghost of Stephen Strange appeared, "You could have helped a little."

"And maybe if you hadn't gone all dark side on the Mandarin, Hell wouldn't have a foot hold on Earth."

"Fair point."

As the group walked 7 stopped as a cabonadium coil caught his foot. He was dragged into an alley as Cutthroat dropped down from a nearby fire escape with a plasma cannon in his hands. As he aimed it Abomination stood in front of the rest. Cutthroat smiled, "Oh we came ready for you."

Callous dropped down from a roof top and stood in front of Abomination hoping to intimidate but as he came face to face he hadn't moved and Callous noticed the Abomination was quite a bit larger than him. He tried to put it out of his mind as he drove a fist into the creature's face hard enough to kill most of his opponents. He fell back a bit but wasted no time delivering a hit of his own. Callous was launched through several buildings before rolling to a stop in the middle of traffic.

A roar could be heard around the city as Callous looked to the sky and jumping away in just enough time to avoid being crushed by the Abomination.

David stood with Hawkeye and Mongoose. He turned to Hawkeye, "Just had to jinx it, didn't you."

Hawkeye looked confused, "What'd I do?"

"Never, ever imply that there won't be trouble. Its asking for s**t like this to happen."

The three then dodged as Cutthroat fired on them. On another roof top the two assassins watched on. The bald man called Vince looked impatient while his partner looked on, "Ease up buddy, we need to pick our spot. Then we grab the rock, kill the moron and collect our bounties."

"We could off the whole lot of them, Jimmy."

Jimmy sighed, "Fine, you take the Creed and Lash, I'll handle the small stuff."

Cutthroat charged the group but was caught by the neck and yanked into the air. As he was hurled into the air he saw that it was Jimmy's leg stretched out and wrapped around his neck.He then tightened up and slammed Cutthroat into the ground face first while dropping down on the rest. He then stretched out his fingers and swung them like bull whips swatting them into a wall.

Hawkeye went for his bow but was snatched up by the outstretched hand and yanked toward Jimmy who punched him hard in the face driving him down. Mongoose threw her chain to ensnare him but he twisted away before hitting David with a knee. Jimmy then pulled himself back to a normal shape, "Tell you what, you run off now and you won't die an embarrassing death."

In the alley Lash raised a tendril and readied to strike 7 when a foot slammed him into the ground. 7 looked up to see Vince standing on Lash's back, "Make this easy and hand me the rock."

7 jumped up but Vince was on him with a foot to his gut, he then grabbed 7 by the hair and slammed him into the side of a dumpster. As he walked toward 7's bag a tendril caught him. Lash sent a heavy charge into the hit man causing him to go down to a knee. Vince then grabbed the tendril and yanked Lash forward then brought up a knee into his chin. He then turned to go back for the bag but 7 slammed into him sending him into a wall.

7 then attempted to stab him but Vince dodge and went to hit him. 7 raised his arm and activated a hard light shield in time to deflect it. He then blasted a repulser shot into Vince's gut but it only knocked the wind out of him. He threw 7 off and snatched up the bag but Lash's tendril ripped it out of his hand and sent the gem flying out.

They wrestled to grab the gem but Vince snatched up. The stone began to glow as he stood up and he heard a voice in the back of his head, "I can give you greater power than you can dream of."

Vince looked confused as he suddenly found himself in a place where he saw nothing but red.

Back in the alley Lash and 7 ran toward Vince as he stood seemingly frozen but red energy flowed out and hurled them away. The flew past the fight outside the alley surprising them. Jimmy looked down the alley, "Hey Vince, you okay?"

The street under them started rattling then Callous ripped out of the pavement followed by an angry Abomination. As he planted feet on the ground 7 yelled to him, "Go get the stone."

Callous looked to where 7 was pointing then charged. He was caught by the throat and lifted from the ground. Vince now stood larger and dressed in Crimson armor, "I think the search is off."

Abomination then plowed into them sending Callous to the ground but Vince held firm, "You can do better than that monster."

As this was going on the rest looked up to see that many Iron Soldiers had just arrived over head. Hawkeye looked to David, "Fry was right, you guys are worse luck than a room full of busted mirrors."

(To be continued)

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 92

User Lists: 1268

#2  Edited By cbishop
batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Nice appearance by Dr Strange. Wondering who the two following Lash & Cutthroat are

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@batkevin74: that was the stretchy guy and the one who turned into the new Juggernaut at the end

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5  Edited By batkevin74

@joshmightbe: ???? Nope no idea, must've missed something me that is

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@batkevin74: Its pretty much the last couple of paragraphs.