joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 13

Edited By joshmightbe

Continued from here part 6

Mary appeared alongside the Travler. She looked for the rest of the group but they were alone. She looked to the Traveler with a wary sigh, "So, are we still pretending we're looking for anything that matters?"

He looked sheepish, "I get that you're some powerful entity, but why the wild goose chase?"

He sighed, "I knew you'd be the one to figure it out. Thought it'd be a bit sooner honestly. I made up the thing about the world eating monster, though there actually are a couple out there. Your friends needed motivation."

"And how are you going to motivate me?"

He took on a serious expression, "You don't need motivation, you just need to decide what side you're on. Even tho that soldier fired on your sister for no reason, you still have it in your head that they're the good guys."

She grew indignant, "They keep us safe from monsters and terrorists."

He sighed, "Terrorists, like her."

She then noticed they were on Earth but in the past. Chicago was still alive and bustling. She looked down on the street and saw her father walking next to her mother as the Traveler spoke, "Laura Milton, loving wife, mother of 2. She never once broke a law, never hurt anyone in her life. She was just a good person."

The Traveler put his hand over Mary's ear letting her hear the conversation going on below. Her mother looked on a soldier harassing a young woman. Without thinking Laura blurted out, "Damn bullies."

As the soldier turned she held her hand over her mouth in fear, "What was that?"

Her husband Frank stepped forward, "It was nothing."

The soldier shoved him aside, "Wasn't talking to you."

He then stared down on her, "You disrespecting an officer of the Iron Army, what are you a Spider or something?"

She was shaking with fear, "No...sir, I didn't mean it. I'm, I'm sorry."

"I don't think you are, hey Stan, she sound sorry?"

Another soldier who'd just arrived replied, "Come'on, we get off in like 15."

The soldier who stared down on her shrugged, "Good point."

He then fired a repulser blast into her chest. The other soldier grabbed Frank who tried to run to her, "Just stay, we'll call it an accident and you get to go on with your life."

Tears welled up in Frank's eyes as Stan sighed, "Sorry, man. Its just the way of the world."

Frank went to Laura and held her as the soldiers left them there.

Above them Mary looked down shocked, "Why would you show me that?"

"You needed to see it. Haven't you ever wondered why your dad was never supportive of you wanting to work for Ferrum?"

The Traveler and Mary returned to the group. Casey jumped up as she saw Mary crying, "What did he do to you?"

She looked up, "He lied."

Casey nodded, "Yea, we figured that out."

She looked over as Steve spoke, "The surfer basically told me he lied."

Barry nodded, "Yea, and the thing I was looking for just happened to be right next to my foot when I finished up my thing."

The Traveler grinned, "Good, frankly I was beginning to think I overestimated you guys."

The 4 then gathered together and glared at him, "Then why exactly did you really make us do this?"

The group suddenly found themselves in the throne room of Castle Doom as the surprised Queen Carol looked over to the Traveler, "What is it, now?"

The Traveler looked back to the 4, "Well kids, this is Queen Carol Danvers of New Latveria. Your highness, this is Mary and Casey Milton, Steve Carlin and Barry Orwell. I'm training them to be super heroes."

"That's nice, why are you here?"

The Traveler shrugged, "I have a bachelor party to go to. Oh, and I should also mention Kang is coming."

Carol's eyes went wide.

(To be continued)

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 92

User Lists: 1268

TommytheHitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Very good. Have to admit I was a bit confused as to who everybody was (due to not having read the other issues) but I really enjoyed it.

Also really liked the villain hint at the end as well.

Time_Phantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

THAT ENDING!! Great hint. I liked this overall. Our new FF, hasn't been in the spotlight much

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@time_phantom: And you just know the threat of Kang looming isn't going to be exactly helpful with Queen Carol's current state of mind.