joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 13

Edited By joshmightbe

Continued from here part 1

Mary and Barry were busily setting up camp with the equipment they'd scavenged from the Al-Mar while Casey and Steve had gone to try to find some food. As Mary finished her tent she looked over, "I still don't see why we left the store. If we'd stayed put eventually some help may have come by."

Barry chuckled, "I thought you were supposed to be a genius."

"What's that supposed to mean?"

He sat down by the fire, "First, it didn't look like anything but bugs and squirrels had been near that place in a few decades. Second, if anyone showed up it would have most likely been Iron soldiers or goblins. The soldiers think we're mutants so they'd have shot on sight and if half the stories I've heard about the Goblins out in the wilds are true, I don't even want to think what they'd have done."

He noticed her annoyed expression, "Oh, that's right. Casey told me you were being groomed to work for the tin goon squad. I suppose had this been a year later you'd be designing weapons to off innocent kids who were born different instead of running from them."

"What, are you a Spider?"

He shook his head, "No, I just know tyranny when I see it."

"They're just doing their job."

He chuckled again, "Yea, they were doing their job when one of those tin men shot my brother for the hell of it and then called him a terrorist. A twelve year old terrorist."

Mary fell silent.

About a half mile away from the camp Steve and Casey were wandering down a broken bit of road as they looked for food. Casey was thinking out loud, "Mary must be pretty messed up over being shot at by soldiers. She was always the good kid who follows all the rules, total cliche' straight A student."

Steve chuckled, "Probably shouldn't have left her with Barry then, they'll probably be at each other's throats when we get back. He thinks the Iron army is the scourge of the Earth."

Casey looked over realizing she spoke out loud, "Wasn't his brother like a criminal or something?"

"They claimed he was a terrorist, if you ask me it was just some soldier on a power trip."

She shrugged as he continued, "So what's your opinion on them? Never heard you say much of anything on the subject."

"I never really thought about it until one shot me, so I'm kind of biased here."

Steve started to say something but a man in ragged clothes bearing a Goblin insignia stepped out. He gave a hateful grin showing yellowing teeth, "Hey boys, I found a nice piece of fresh meat."

A few of his cohorts followed over. One nudged his friend, "Hey, Bobby, there's a piece for you too."

Bobby then slugged his friend.

Steve stepped in front of Casey, "We don't want any trouble here guys, we're just looking for something to eat."

One of them made a rude gesture while eyeing Casey, "I got something she can eat."

Casey gritted her teeth and shoved Steve out of the way. The man who'd made the gesture chuckled as she marched toward him. Without a word she punched him in the face, shattering his jaw and sending several rotten teeth flying. Steve looked past the trees and realized they had just stumbled into a small Goblin camp. A dozen or so more came running as Casey knocked another to the ground.

Steve was trying not to panic as he almost instinctively burst into blue flame. Flames then radiated off him setting many trees ablaze. The Goblins assumed they were out matched, not realizing Steve had done this by accident. They ran away from the two leaving their unconscious comrades.

Casey then kissed Steve, "Thanks, babe. Look they left their food behind."

Steve stood, still a bit shaken, "Awesome, can we go now."

She chuckled.

Steve and Casey arrived back at the campsite but were stopped by a large wall of ice. Casey shouted, "Hey, you guys in there."

Mary shouted back, "Sorry, had made the entrance yet. The ice in front of you is thin."

Casey put a fist through it and Steve followed her in. Mary had a bit of a smile, "Been trying to figure out my powers, thought the wall would give us a little bit of security."

Steve sat down his pack, "We hit the jackpot."

He looked to Mary, "Where's Barry?"

"Look up, man."

The voice rang out all around him as Steve noticed the thick cloud of smoke that was Barry, "I got bored, wanted to see what I can do. This is actually pretty cool, I can see, here and talk through my whole body all at once in this form. Never knew how limiting heads were before."

Casey yelled up, "I can't do anything fancy like that but I did knock the stark out of a couple of Goblins."

Mary drew Casey's attention, "Look at this."

She placed her hands on the ice wall and seemed to sink into it. She then popped out on the other side of her sister," It feels weird, don't really know how to describe it."

Casey then looked to Steve, "Why don't you see if there's anything else you can do?"

Steve shook his head, "Maybe later."

The next day Mary found Casey out side the slightly melted ice wall. Casey looked excited, "I was doing my exercises..."

"You were doing your gymnastics now?"

"Just listen, I was doing them and then I went for a jump and over shot my target by about a few hundred feet."

Mary's eyes widened as Casey jumped up to show her new gift. She shot up a few hundred feet in the air, "I can jump like a Hulk."

Mary seemed lost in thought for a second, "Its too bad we don't have a track, given your size and relative strength I'd say you should be able to run much faster than you used to. I mean you won't be making sonic booms..."

Casey cut her off, "Maybe we can find a stretch of road and check it out."

She then looked through the ice entrance and saw Steve looking uncomfortable, "We need to do something about him."

Mary nodded, "He seems a bit scared of his power."

"I can fix that."

Mary and Casey had discussed the issue with Barry so he told them about a broken down old overpass he saw a quarter mile from there camp and Casey had brought Steve there. Barry waited beneath as Casey took Steve to the edge of the broken pavement, "Steve, have you ever heard of the old fashioned method of teaching kids to swim?"

His eyes went wide as Casey's hand was on his back, "Wai..."

She gave him a shove and Barry moved to be ready to catch him if this didn't work. About ten feet from the ground Steve burst into flame and shot up into the air. He was a bit freaked out but then he noticed how far up he was. He flew down hovering above Casey, "Never do that again."

She looked up with a grin, "Baby, you're flying."

He looked down,"Yea."

"How does it feel?"

"Starking Awesome."

(To be continued)

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

AweSam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By AweSam

So, is Iron Age back in town?

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@awesam: Has been for a little over a month now.

AweSam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@joshmightbe: Well, I've been gone for a month or so. I'd like to get back in. I lessened by school schedule and I really want to get back into the Fan-Fic board again.

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@awesam: Been having a good run lately

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 92

User Lists: 1268

#6  Edited By cbishop
AweSam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By AweSam
joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By joshmightbe

@awesam: if you want in you're in tho I think kev murdered X faction

AweSam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By AweSam
joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@awesam: If you're still into mutants we have a full blown mutant revolution going on so the time is ripe for a new X-Men or maybe X-Force

wildvine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 50

#11  Edited By wildvine  Moderator
@awesam said:

@joshmightbe: I'll think of something new.

What about your Lizard series?

To Joshmightbe, nice story here. I actually read pt 3 first by accident. Makes more sense in order. : p

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

AweSam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By AweSam

@wildvine: I had a plan for it, but it could have only worked during Iron Age's golden days.

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@awesam: Its nice that we've been around long enough to have "Golden Days."