Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 13

Edited By joshmightbe

Read this first Nemesis part 5

Chicago

Mary Milton, a young genius who at 17 was the youngest person to ever graduate from her University, she was being groomed by Ferrum's scientific research division and was considered one of the most intelligent people of her generation but at the moment she was feeling awkward and out of place.

She had returned home after graduating to ponder what path her career should follow. Her twin sister Casey was just starting her senior year in high school. Tonight after much goading Casey had convinced her sister to come out with her and her boy friend Steve Carlin, a Senior, a jock who Mary considered almost child like but he was a nice enough guy who treated her sister well.

Steve brought along his best friend Barry Orwell per Casey's request so Mary wouldn't feel like a third wheel. Barry was a bit of a slacker and only really agreed because he had nothing better to do. That night Steve took them to a place he loved to hang out, it was an old warehouse his father owned that was currently being used for a gaming tournament. They waited until the contestants had all left but Steve knew the equipment would remain till morning so he'd decided to hang here for the night.

They played games until late in the night and ended up falling asleep in the employee lounge while watching late night TV. They slept right through the evacuation notice given by the Supreme Commander of the Iron Army himself at 3 in the morning.

Mary was the first to wake. She looked at her watch and shook Casey, "You're going to be late for school."

Casey shot up, "Crap, Steve I need a ride."

The four of them wandered out. Barry was the first to point out how eerily quiet the city was this morning, "Anyone else getting a zombie apocalypse vibe here?"

Steve gave a chuckle, "Its just early man, this part of town is always dead around now."

He then looked around, "But shouldn't the guys coming to load up the game stuff be here by now?"

They drove out a little and saw the streets were empty, no buses or morning commuters were around and the school parking lot was empty. Finally Steve turned on the radio and all they heard was the evac order on repeat. Mary leaned over the front, "We should probably do what it says."

Everyone in the car was in agreement but suddenly the car shook and died along with all their phones and Mary's watch. Mary looked out the rear window while thinking out loud,"We seem to have been hit with an EMP."

Casey ordered them all out, "Let's see if we can find a left over patrol to get us out."

As they walked something that looked like a comet shot up through the street in front of them an stopped in the air. There was a roar like scream from the sky and Mary turned to the other three,"Run."

An energy burst appeared and rapidly followed, unknown to them at the time, they absorbed a large amount of residual cosmic radiation before the actual blast hit. Casey screamed as Steve began to burn from the heat and suddenly a force field wrapped around them.

As the energy faded Casey held Steve hoping he wasn't dead as the Inhuman Silver Bolt landed looking mortified with himself, "I apologize, I assumed the city was empty."

They looked on him with horror but he waved a hand healing any damage the attack had done to them but he was unaware of the residual radiation they'd absorbed. He shot off in the air leaving the four of them alone in the crater formerly known as Chicago.

They walked for a few hours before seeing anyone, finally they came across a small patrol of Iron soldiers. Mary walked up, "Could you help us?"

A soldier turned and aimed a repulser at them, "I-Dent, now."

None of them had remembered to bring one so without hesitation one fired a shot that hit Casey right in the chest. She looked down in shock at her torn shirt but felt no pain as the soldier yelled, "We got a mutant."

They knew that meant the were about to die so they ran. The soldiers started to give chase but were called away.

A few hours later they wandered into an abandoned town Mary was annoying Casey by rubbing a finger down her arm, "You're skin is like marble, maybe you absorbed some radiation in the blast that mutated you."

Casey swatted her hand, "Can you keep the curiosity to yourself for a minute."

Mary rubbed her hand, "Sorry, its just...."

"Can it, lets just find a place for the night."

Barry pointed out an abandoned Al-Mar, "My dad was right, they are everywhere."

Steve and Barry tried to move a heavy slab of fallen rock from the entrance. Casey and Mary went to help them but when Casey pushed it flew off a few yards, "Oh, what the stark."

They explored a bit when Barry yelled, "Hey they have some Stormwear, maybe Casey could make a super suit out of it."

She gave him a wary look, "Ha, ha."

She then noticed Steve looking uncomfortable, "What's wrong babe?"

"Is it hot in here?"

She shook her head, "Not really."

Mary noticed him sweating a bit and went to feel his head but pulled back her hand, "Ow."

A bit of a haze seemed to form around him, then he suddenly lit up in blue flame around his body that burned away his clothing. The other three looked on in shock but as Steve began to freak out Casey and Mary tried to calm him down. As he relaxed the flames went away leaving him standing naked in front of them. Mary shouted to Barry, "Bring over some of that Stormwear."

Casey gave her an annoyed look as Mary shrugged, "Its unstable molecules, they're fireproof."

As the sun went down they sat around a small barrel fire Steve had started while trying to see how to turn his new power off and on. Barry was grumbling about being hungry when he suddenly appeared to be smoking. He looked over to Steve, "Are you burning me?"

"Its not me man."

He jumped up to see where the smoke was coming from but suddenly found himself floating in a semi-solid smoke form, "Well, I guess I need a super suit too."

As she looked on the three of them Mary suddenly became very worried about what might happen to her.

After a while they all managed to fall asleep.

In the morning Casey woke Steve and Barry up in a panic, "I don't know what happened!"

They looked to see Mary in a block of ice. As they looked on in shock Mary seemed to wake up and the ice broke down and she pulled herself free, she was fascinated.

(To be continued)

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 92

User Lists: 1268

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@time_phantom@batkevin74 this series won't be intersecting with any of the stuff you guys have going on but stuff that happens may get mentioned if its a big event. At least not for the time being.

wildvine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 50

#4  Edited By wildvine

I was actually expecting history to repeat itself. But apparently this new F4 has a different power set. Interesting. Who may I ask is the Silver Bolt?

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By joshmightbe

@wildvine: He's introduced in an issue of Nemesis, he's the immortal son of Black Bolt who has the ability to channel and control the Power Cosmic. He's brand new so he doesn't have a lot of back story yet.

wildvine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 50

I assumed he was the new Silver Surfer.

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wildvine: He has a similar power set just no connection to Galactus and no need of a board.

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2