Marvel: Iron Age - Exiles - Part 1

PrinceIMC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By PrinceIMC

THE CHARACTERS IN THIS STORY ARE BASED OFF CHARACTERS AND SETTINGS THAT ARE THE PROPERTY OF MARVEL INC. AND THEIR RESPECTIVE AFFILIATES. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED, I THOUGHT OF THE STORY BUT THE WORLD IS THEIRS 

Acropolis Station, Promenade

While Professor Malcolm Legard prepared for his sentencing hearing his friends, mostly former students, gathered together to discuss their next move.

"I've crafted the duplicates that will fool any visual inspection. They of course do not replicate the powers of the originals." Says the man who seems to be made up of more machine than flesh.

"That's great Simon. They don't need to work, the decoys just need to last long enough for us to get away. It's not like the Acropolis will ever really need them. Ever since they were originally stolen by Mal's brother they've come up with other emergency power sources. It was just the principal of them having been stolen in the first place that made the council so adamant in getting them back.." Says the brunette woman in the group with three men as they sat at a table on the open promenade.

"You guys really should be more careful about where you talk about these things." A teenaged girl with blue skin and blonde hair approaches the table. "You know you've got a telepath here who could link you all." She places a hand on one of the boy's shoulders.

The boy with the girl's hand on his shoulder blushes a bit. "I was monitoring any minds that got close enough to overhear us, I just didn't anticipate Gab would be a threat. But you know my telepathic powers draw more attention when doing a link."

"It's okay Vincent, I invited her." The last man, perhaps the most peculiar looking one of the group, chimes in. As he speaks the hard fleshy plates on his face create odd expressions that are hard to read to people who are not familiar with him. "Well she is Malcolm's niece and it is her father we're looking for, right?" The fleshy plates above his eyes raise in a questioning look.

"Okay, you're right. Gab you can join us though Malcolm isn't going to like it and your mother will probably want to kill us all." The brunette woman says. "Luckily we're going to be far away from here before she finds out." She winks at Gabrielle.

Simon the cybernetic member steps over to Gabrielle and places a hand on her neck. Gabrielle thinks he is going to hug her or something but instead she feels a sharp piercing sensation. "If you're going to be joining us you need to have a comm-link implant."

"Ouch, why comm-links? Why not use Vince's telepathy?" She rubs the spot on her neck where the device was implanted.

"We can't risk being picked up by Cerebra and we'll be needing to use Vince's energy for telekinesis rather than telepathy." Raphael the one with the fleshy plates covering his body says with a smile.

"If we're going to be using radios we can't use our real names in case our transmissions are picked up." Vince points out.

"We've already got codenames." Virginia the brunette who has become their leader says.

"Codenames that everybody on the Acropolis already knows us by." Vince responds. "We need new ones."

"Oh!" Gabrielle jumps in. "I've got codenames for everyone!"

She points at Virginia "Blink." Next she points to Simon "Forge." Then Raphael "Gambit." And finally to Vince "Beast."

They all look around the table at each other. They all seem to accept the new codenames. Raphael is just happy that he didn't end up with the codename 'Beast. "But what about you Gabrielle?" Raphael who has been rechristened 'Gambit' asks.

"Me? Oh I'm Rogue."

"But with your powers why not Storm?" Vince who has now become 'Beast' asks.

"What about Roguestorm?" Simon who is happy with his new codename 'Forge' suggests.

"No! That's a terrible name that should never be mentioned again. Ever. I think anyone who has ever met Gab would totally accept her as a 'Rogue'." Virginia who will be calling herself 'Blink' from now on winks at Gabrielle again.

"The sentencing hearing will be starting any moment, we should be going." Forge tells them and everyone stands up to proceed with their plan.

(Continues in Marvel: Iron Age - Exiles - Part 2)

Dramatis Personae:
Virginia 'Ginny' D'Arcangelis aka Blink
Vincent D'Arcangelis aka Beast
Simon Belcourt aka Forge
Raphael Riffliotti aka Gambit
Gabrielle Verona aka Rogue

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#2  Edited By joshmightbe

Great job

PrinceIMC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By PrinceIMC

I've got the whole heist to write up but this seemed like a natural stopping point and a fair enough sized chunk to post as part 1. Sorry it took so long for me to finally get to writing about these guys.

DickGrayson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By DickGrayson

I really enjoyed it. Great Job!

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5  Edited By batkevin74

@PrinceIMC: Nice work, its different from the original post (which was the sentencing) but good job! More exposition on the new X types is great especially the Roguestorm joke :)

Keep up the good work. Hopefully Silver Sable will cross with Malcolm in the dark

PrinceIMC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By PrinceIMC
@batkevin74 said:

@PrinceIMC: Nice work, its different from the original post (which was the sentencing) but good job! More exposition on the new X types is great especially the Roguestorm joke :)

Keep up the good work. Hopefully Silver Sable will cross with Malcolm in the dark

I'm glad people got the Roguestorm joke.....so bad.

But yes in the next post I'll show their powers and show why a telepath and telekinetic would be called 'Beast'. Heh.
batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By batkevin74

@PrinceIMC: Is it because they have a speech impediment and people think he's saying Beast when he's trying to say BEST :)

Avatar image for tomdickharry1984
tomdickharry1984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By tomdickharry1984

This different to last time isn't it?? Good work man

PrinceIMC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By PrinceIMC
@tomdickharry1984 said:

This different to last time @PrinceIMC isn't it?? Good work man

Yeah I wasn't gonna be able to reproduce Malcolm's sentencing from the prologue that is now missing so I just decided to delve into the first chapter.
batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By batkevin74

Hey if you've still got it could you PM it to me, I'd love to re-read it if it's available

PrinceIMC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By PrinceIMC
@batkevin74 said:
Hey if you've still got it could you PM it to me, I'd love to re-read it if it's available
Nope, that's the problem, I didn't keep a copy otherwise I would have reposted it. Sorry.
batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By batkevin74

@PrinceIMC: Oh well, it had some great pics and was cool. This is a great new start anyways

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By batkevin74

@PrinceIMC: Casual bump also

4donkeyjohnson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By 4donkeyjohnson

@PrinceIMC said:

"We've already got codenames." Virginia the brunette who has become their leader says.

"Codenames that everybody on the Acropolis already knows us by." Vince responds. "We need new ones."

"Oh!" Gabrielle jumps in. "I've got codenames for everyone!"

Gabrielle reminds me of Kitty Pryde when she first appeared in the X-Men, so assertive and plucky. Very good PrinceIMC