batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 13

#1  Edited By batkevin74

Rated M, owned by Marvel.

More stories in the library located here: http://www.comicvine.com/profile/cbishop/blog/marvel-iron-age-library/94538/

Continued from Pt 1: http://www.comicvine.com/forums/fan-fic-8/marvel-iron-age-distain-vol-2-1-1510572/#6

Pt 2: http://www.comicvine.com/forums/fan-fic-8/marvel-iron-age-distain-vol-2-2-1513237/#5

And links directly from Tales From The Empire 2.7:http://www.comicvine.com/forums/fan-fic-8/marvel-iron-age-tales-from-the-empire-vol-2-7-1513998/#1

Hideout 5, Halifax, Nova Scotia

The past twenty four hours had been hard for the Halifax SHIELD cell. Their leader Hudson Pointer, had quit the organisation due to a dubious recall to Colorado and asked them all whether they would stay or go. Whilst they were making their decision he was gunned down in an ambush six blocks from their hideout.

Schaffer stood “I think we honour Pointer’s memory and stay!”

“I say we go!” stated Cattral as the twelve members sat around their mess table “It’s a SHIELD directive!”

“I tend to agree,” added Carrey “But after those starkers killed Hudson, I want to stay!”

“So we vote?” asked JayFox “Coz while it’s all fair and stark, what if we don’t like the result?”

Carrey wiped her eyes “Hudson was going to let as all make up our minds individually, most of us did. Then he got killed! I say, do whatever you starking want!” And she stormed out of the room.

JayFox stood “All those who want to stay, raise your hands. Those who want to go, there’s the door”

Carrey eyes awash with tears grabbed handfuls of ammo clips and stuffed them into a battle pack.

“Off to kill the wizard?” asked Bull who came into the room and leant against the door frame.

Carrey whirled around to her teammate “Are you going to stop me?”

“Hell no!” laughed Bull “But I will limit your ammo supply. You’ll die and bullets are hard to come by” Carrey sunk to her knees and sobbed as Bull slowly walked towards her. He sighed and sat down beside her. “It always hurts losing loved ones Carrey. Time dulls the pain, but it will always hurt.” Carrey went to speak but was hit with a wave of emotion that paralysed the words in her throat. Bull put an arm around her, gently rocking her as she wailed.

Ferrum Chemical Plant, Dartmouth, Nova Scotia

“Shame Cattral left us,” said Jayfox as he and the others lined up in the queue to get into the plant.

“She’s following orders” replied Bull as he gave him a shove “And could you shut up!”

Jayfox shot him a look and got back in line. The ten of them had crossed the river and decided that the best revenge for Hunter’s death was a massive explosion. Sneaking into the Ferrum plant wouldn’t be easy, but Akroyd was designated decoy drawing them away. It’d still be tough since most of the Iron Army had upped the ante to sheer ruthless in the last few weeks.

“How’s it looking A man?” asked Bull into his ancient walkie talkie as it crackled and hissed.

“I’m about to have a really bad day!” came the reply along with the sound of repulsor fire in the background.

Bull smiled and motioned at the team as they began to cut a hole in the fence.

“You have been tried, sentenced and overdue for your execution Darius,” growled an Iron Soldier as he fired a volley at the man in black armour they had pinned down in the alley “Move in!”

Akroyd pointed a gun around the corner and fired blindly hoping for luck. He’d taken out the first Iron Soldier easily, mainly because he shot him at point blank range yelling “I’m Darius Stane!” and running. With all the alerts on him it was a sure draw card to get the available soldiers to chase him. On the downside ALL available soldiers were chasing him and he was trapped in an alley fighting for his life! Akroyd was wearing a cobbled together suit of Iron Soldier armour, hastily shaped into the style of Distain’s armour though none of its weaponry.

“Hurry up guys!” barked Akroyd “I’m going to have to…” He looked at the walkie talkie and released he was in serious trouble, they’d cut off comms. Akroyd spotted an Iron Soldier above him and opened fire with the last of the bullets from the gun as he ran down the alley.

Colorado airspace

Darius took to the air and slowly flew across the country. He was in no hurry and he had no plans, like a leaf adrift on the breeze. The cloaking device kept him from being spotted.

“Are you capable of extrapolation?” Darius asked his armour.

-Processing…-

Darius smiled “Obviously not. I need all the information on Danvers on screen”

Soon images and pages of text filled his HUD. Darius’ eyes darted across the information as he scanned them.

“Seems I may have to upgrade my cannon to penetrate your arrogant hide”

-Searching for weapons upgrade sites…Ferrum site Cactus, Texas. 63.7% chance of upgradeable material plus proximity to this unit. Ferrum site New York City. 97% chance of upgradeable material but risk factor analysis…certain death-

“Nothing is ever certain” replied Darius “Plot me rout…”

-Incoming alert: Darius Stane is cornered in Dartmouth, Nova Scotia. Execution protocols initiated and endorsed. Reinforcements on route to site-

No Caption Provided

“I’m in Canada?”

-Negative! You are in Colo…-

“Oh be quiet!” Darius cleared the HUD “Drop the cloaking and get me there!”

The Supremis Armour jolted slightly as it locked into an aerodynamic shaped and rocketed off across the sky at Mach 10. The sonic booms along the route were terrifying.

-Estimated time of arrival…twenty two minutes-

Inside Ferrum Chemical Plant, Dartmouth, Nova Scotia

As Carrey placed the crate of explosives on the barrels of chemicals she spotted something odd near the door. Her heart nearly jumped out her chest as she spotted a damaged Hunter unit entering the room. Even damaged the Hunter’s were the elite of the Iron Army, decked out in anti-mutant armour and used when something needed to be seriously dead. Carrey pointed her weapon but was slow off the draw, the Hunter reacting like lighting and firing a blast that blew a hole through her gut and out her back.

“This is Hunter unit Harper onsite at the chemical plant…”

Carrey coughed and shuddered as she lay dying. Her hand shook as she gripped the blaster pistol “I go…you go!” She fired into the explosives and the warehouse exploded like Hiroshima.

Akroyd clung to the alley wall as the city shook at the explosion. He’d taken out another soldier but now he was completely surrounded, out of weapons and the armours power supply was failing. Akroyd picked up a plank of wood.

“Come on you starks!”

Two Iron Soldiers were engulfed in flames as Distain landed beside Akroyd. The black armoured man looked him up and down “How anyone EVER mistook you for me is actually insulting!”

Distain opened fire ripping into the Iron Soldiers who soon beat a hasty retreat. Distain grabbed Akroyd’s helmet and wrenched it off his head. “Who are you?”

“Akroyd Serling sir!” yelped Akroyd as he was man handled.

“Now, the explosion?”

“My SHIELD, well former SHIELD uni…” Darius gripped Akroyd’s mouth with his powered glove.

“Holland playing war again,” growled Distain as he shoved Akroyd roughly into the wall as he took to the sky heading for the column of hellfire.

To be continued...

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

@batkevin74: Distain's ego just wouldn't let that slide huh.

TommytheHitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Nice work!

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tommythehitman: Thanks, will get round to Magneto soon

@batkevin74: Distain's ego just wouldn't let that slide huh.

When have you know the son of Obadiah etc to let things just slide. He's keeping a list and checking twice. Danvers, Holland, Ares, Stryfe, Scalphunter...

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@batkevin74: I do kind of wonder how he'd view the return of Cable and what he did to Chicago. Just wonder how he'd feel about the whole thing.

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@joshmightbe: I'll also get around to catching up on that, it's all in Nemesis yeah

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@batkevin74: Its got references to other stories but its mostly self contained.

Time_Phantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#8  Edited By Time_Phantom

I found this latest outing of Distain quite comical. A guy can't even wear a suit of black armor anymore.

And if you haven't read it a new war machine is posted.

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I found this latest outing of Distain quite comical. A guy can't even wear a suit of black armor anymore.

Yeah Darius is a bit particular when someone is impersonating him. Shall hit the War Machine

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bumped

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers